• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashboards Community Voted Tier List: Version 4 COMPLETE! Break for a few months...

Frihetsanka

Smash Champion
No, I don't think Cloud is tied for #2 and ahead of Sheik, Rosa, Sonic, Mario, and Bayo.
Seems like you misunderstand what we're doing here. Cloud is currently ranked as mid tier. If he gets 3 votes, he'll be high-mid, and if he gets 10 votes, he'll be high tier. By downvoting you potentially delay the process of him moving up in high tier.

TDK

Smash Master
NNID
GrayCN
Seems like you misunderstand what we're doing here. Cloud is currently ranked as mid tier. If he gets 3 votes, he'll be high-mid, and if he gets 10 votes, he'll be high tier. By downvoting you potentially delay the process of him moving up in high tier.
oh. He's the lower end of top 10, though. (7-9).

I've gone and edited my post to put Sheik in her rightful place, or try to.

vertime

Smash Apprentice
+1 :4ganondorf: Extremely dangerous in the right hands; Ganondorf mains have blasted through competition at S@X in the past and continue to do so. When a Ganondorf main enters, they usually get quite a way through around 66% of the time. Good character, lacks proper data/matches for representation.
+1 :4kirby: Actually super solid providing that you don't take a ton of dumb percent. Forward smash is a good killer, FThrow is great, good air game, decent recovery (if slightly predictable). Just a bit light.
+1 :4duckhunt: Played intelligently, you're not going to get near the bloody dog. I've faced DHD mains before that just controlled the whole stage, making it a gruelling gauntlet of a fight.
+1 :4lucas: A more defensive version of Ness. I don't really understand what's bad about that.
-1 :4cloud: Counter-voting for the sole reason people will say "ITS CLOUD HES SO BRAINDEAD EASY AND GOOD". No, he isn't. He's gimp fuel and, many a time, I've closed a stock at 20% by just throwing a Cloud off stage and getting a dair.

Last edited:

Runic_SSB

Smash Ace
NNID
Runic_SSB
+ :rosalina: IMO the actual best character in the game, overshadowed by worse characters mained by better players.
+ :4cloud: To counter people downvoting because he's "overrated".

EDIT: didn't realize this was the first round.

+:4mewtwo:
- :4shulk:
- :4lucina:

Last edited:

Bowserboy3

Asking mum how to talk to a lady
NNID
Bowserboy3
A decent amount of votes have been cast already. I'm eager to get some initial movement on our list, so I am giving it until tomorrow evening (my time), and will update then.

I'll let you all know when it's happening/when it's done, like normal.

Last edited:

ShadowGuy1

Smash Lord
+1 :4ganondorf: Extremely dangerous in the right hands; Ganondorf mains have blasted through competition at S@X in the past and continue to do so. When a Ganondorf main enters, they usually get quite a way through around 66% of the time. Good character, lacks proper data/matches for representation.
+1 :4kirby: Actually super solid providing that you don't take a ton of dumb percent. Forward smash is a good killer, FThrow is great, good air game, decent recovery (if slightly predictable). Just a bit light.
+1 :4duckhunt: Played intelligently, you're not going to get near the bloody dog. I've faced DHD mains before that just controlled the whole stage, making it a gruelling gauntlet of a fight.
+1 :4lucas: A more defensive version of Ness. I don't really understand what's bad about that.
-1 :4cloud: Counter-voting for the sole reason people will say "ITS CLOUD HES SO BRAINDEAD EASY AND GOOD". No, he isn't. He's gimp fuel and, many a time, I've closed a stock at 20% by just throwing a Cloud off stage and getting a dair.
I would just like to note every character starts at mid tier, so your essentially downvoting Cloud to low mid, Kirby, Ganon, and DHD to high mid. Js

Flakeh

Smash Rookie
+:4sonic: Probably top 3
+:4yoshi: Underrated
+ :4metaknight: Pretty good against most top tiers, notably rosalina
+ :4cloud:Probably best character with limit, can be used more effectively in competitive play for this reason (playing as defensive as possible without limit, abusing the fact that the opponent is forced to approach,) his recovery isn't THAT bad (can mix up with high recovery, with limit his recovery is good,) probably top 5
+ :4bayonetta:Probably top 8ish, still underrated due to nerf

Last edited:

Bowserboy3

NNID
Bowserboy3
Updated!

I'm glad there is some initial movement now.

The list is starting to see some movement. Same rules as before apply.

• You have 5 votes to play with. +1 and/or -1 up to 5 different characters.
  • Characters are not tanked within their tiers as of yet. You are voting to establish their tiering position.
  • Remember, it takes +/-3 to move a character 1 tier, and +/-10 to move them 2 tiers. No character can move more than 2 tiers during each phase.
  • Please vote on the list at the time of voting, and don't vote based on assumptions in the future.
An example vote:

+1:4bayonetta:
+1:4bowser:
-1:4bowserjr:
+1:4falcon:
-1:4charizard:

Version 4.0.2 - Characters not ranked within tiers.

-:4diddy::4mewtwo::4cloud::4sheik::4bayonetta::4sonic::4mario::4megaman::4corrin::4fox::4lucas::4ness::rosalina::4yoshi::4myfriends::4lucario::4marth::4darkpit::4metaknight::4pit::4villager::4zss:

- :4bowser::4bowserjr::4falcon::4charizard::4dedede::4dk::4drmario::4duckhunt::4ganondorf::4greninja::4kirby::4littlemac::4link::4lucina::4luigi::4gaw::4olimar::4pacman::4palutena::4peach::4pikachu::4rob::4robinm::4feroy::4ryu::4samus::4shulk::4tlink::4wario2::4wiifit::4zelda::4miibrawl::4miigun::4miisword:

-:4falco::4jigglypuff:

Remember, characters are not ranked within tiers, and it's still possible for characters to move up and down.

I'll post my vote here shortly.

+1:rosalina:
+1:4marth:
+1:4zss:
-1:4ganondorf: (this character really should have gone down last time...)

Last edited:

Ethan7

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BulbapediaEditor
Updated!

I'm glad there is some initial movement now.

The list is starting to see some movement. Same rules as before apply.

• All characters are considered equal at this point; think of them all ranked as mid tier.
  • You have 5 votes to play with. +1 and/or -1 up to 5 different characters.
  • Remember, it takes +/-3 to move a character 1 tier, and +/-10 to move them 2 tiers. No character can move more than 2 tiers during each phase.
  • Please vote on the list at the time of voting, and don't vote based on assumptions in the future.
An example vote:

+1:4bowser:
-1:4bowserjr:
+1:4falcon:
-1:4charizard:

Version 4.0.2 - Characters not ranked within tiers.

-:4diddy::4mewtwo::4cloud::4bayonetta::4mario::4megaman::4corrin::4fox::4lucas::4ness::rosalina::4yoshi::4myfriends::4lucario::4marth::4metaknight::4villager::4zss:

- :4bowser::4bowserjr::4falcon::4charizard::4dedede::4darkpit::4dk::4drmario::4duckhunt::4ganondorf::4greninja::4kirby::4littlemac::4link::4lucina::4luigi::4gaw::4olimar::4pacman::4palutena::4peach::4pikachu::4pit::4rob::4robinm::4feroy::4ryu::4samus::4sheik::4shulk::4sonic::4tlink::4wario2::4wiifit::4zelda::4miibrawl::4miigun::4miisword:

-:4falco::4jigglypuff:

Remember, characters are not ranked within tiers, and it's still possible for characters to move up and down.

I'll post my vote here shortly.
I don't understand. How did ZSS, for example, end up higher than Sonic? I'm sure Sonic got more votes.

Bowserboy3

NNID
Bowserboy3
I don't understand. How did ZSS, for example, end up higher than Sonic? I'm sure Sonic got more votes.
ZSS got a +3 score, and Sonic got a +6 score.

The rules are, any character that gets a +/-3 moves one tier, and any character that gets +/-10 moves two tiers. Both of these characters got over +3, so they moved one tier up. However, Sonic only got +6, so he can't move up two tiers, as he'd need +10.

This kind of voting keeps drastic movements from happening. We repeat this kind of voting for at least a month or two, until we have something resembling a real tier list, and people are struggling to vote characters.

Munomario777

Smash Master
3DS FC
0387-9596-4480
Switch FC
SW-8229-3157-8114
ZSS got a +3 score, and Sonic got a +6 score.

The rules are, any character that gets a +/-3 moves one tier, and any character that gets +/-10 moves two tiers. Both of these characters got over +3, so they moved one tier up. However, Sonic only got +6, so he can't move up two tiers, as he'd need +10.

This kind of voting keeps drastic movements from happening. We repeat this kind of voting for at least a month or two, until we have something resembling a real tier list, and people are struggling to vote characters.
ZSS is a tier above Sonic, though.

Frihetsanka

Smash Champion
So, the way I see it atm:

Diddy etc are in high-mid.
Bowser etc are in mid.
Falco etc are in low-mid.

So Diddy should still move up 2 tiers (high and top), Jigglypuff should still move down at least one tier, and, well, lots of other characters should move as well.

Also remember that the characters aren't ordered within tiers yet. Also, shouldn't Pit and Dark Pit be in high-mid? I count 3 votes each for them. Also, didn't Sheik get enough votes to move up? And Sonic.

Wintermelon43

Smash Champion
What the heck Sonic and Sheik got like 6 up votes.

+:4pikachu:High tier. He may have pretty bad results, but he has good enough traits such as good recovery, good aierals, good mobility, etc to go up.

+:4tlink:Also high tier.

-:4ganondorf:no

-:4zelda:Has a ton of bad flaws that keep her in bottom tier

-:4myfriends:What did he go up for? Mid tier was perfect for him

Not voting for Sheik or Sonic because that's a mistake from Bowserboy's side

Last edited:

Bowserboy3

NNID
Bowserboy3
ZSS is a tier above Sonic, though.
Ha-ha, good job spotting the... deliberate mistake... :estatic:

Though, if I do ever miss any characters out on updates, please just let me know like that, and I'll fix it. It should be right now.

Last edited:

Frihetsanka

Smash Champion
:4falcon:+1 (He's at least high-mid, potentially high tier.)
:4robinf:+1 (Watch Dath play and tell me she's not at least high-mid.)

(Sure, Marth is generally better, but Lucina is still a good character, and she's better in some matchups, which I think puts her in high-mid.)

(Olimar's got great results, mainly thanks to Dabuz. Aside from the results I think he's a surprisingly solid character, who belongs somewhere in high-mid tier.)

(Let's not underrate Toon Link this time, he's a solid high tier character when played correctly.)

Edit: Seems other people also believed Lucina should be high-mid tier. I'm slightly worried that if she gets too many votes, people will start down-voting her to prevent her from becoming high tier, so I'll redact my vote (which should leave her at +4, still enough to reach high-mid) and vote for someone else instead.

(Kamemushi proves that Mega Man is high tier.)

Edit 2: In order to speed up the process, I withdraw my votes for Toon Link, Olimar, and Mega Man. Instead, I'll just boost three characters that should be top/high tier anyway.

:4villager:+1 Villager should be high tier.
:4fox:+1 Fox should be top tier.
:4cloud:+1 Cloud should be top tier.

Last edited:

L1N3R1D3R

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-3822-0133-6917
+ :4diddy: In the highest echelon if not #1.
+ :4sonic: ^
+ :4tlink: Even without Hyuga, he's still getting lots of representation and great results.
+ :4greninja: There are others playing him besides iStudying, people!
+ :4robinm:/:4robinf: Really their only flaw is their mobility. Dath and a few others have gotten great results to prove this.

Last edited:

ShadowGuy1

Smash Lord
I think this tier is a good spot for Corrin, so Ima leave her there and focus and other chars.

+:rosalina:
+:4sonic:
+:4pikachu:
+:4sheik:
-:4jigglypuff:

I say we get puff and the other obvious lower tier chars down faster so we don't need to waste votes later (I'm counting the tier they are currently in as low mid/low tier so like yeah.

Frihetsanka

Smash Champion
It's interesting how pretty much every top tier player holds Corrin in high regards, yet some people here think she's high-mid rather than high tier. I personally think she's high tier, since she has a really good matchup chart, results that indicate that she's high tier rather than high-mid, and overall solid theory. I think she's probably somewhere around #16-20 or so.

SkittleGamer SkittleGamer : Pit is already high-mid, do you think he should be high tier? Also, do you think Wii Fit Trainer should be high-mid?

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
It's interesting how pretty much every top tier player holds Corrin in high regards, yet some people here think she's high-mid rather than high tier. I personally think she's high tier, since she has a really good matchup chart, results that indicate that she's high tier rather than high-mid, and overall solid theory. I think she's probably somewhere around #16-20 or so.

SkittleGamer SkittleGamer : Pit is already high-mid, do you think he should be high tier? Also, do you think Wii Fit Trainer should be high-mid?
Dabuz had Corrin in mid tier, and not at the top of it either in that stream of his IIRC. In top players in general are slowly moving Corrin down away from the "top 10 hype boyz" mentality with Corrin down to more "11-15th".

Still don't think Corrin's results are consistent enough to qualify for high tier. Absolutely had a good spike at one particularly large tournament, was oddly absent at various tournaments both before and after it. Would put him in top spot of mid atm though. Maybe 2nd highest spot behind Lucina, I'm not sure which one I think is better between the two of them.

Last edited:

QualityQ

Smash Apprentice
It appears up-votes are more common than down-votes. Guess it's just easier to say something is really good than it is to say something is downright awful.

+1 :4robinm:
-1 :4zelda:
+1 :4pikachu:
-1 :4feroy:
+1 :4villager:

Top Bottom