• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashboards Community Voted Tier List: Version 4 COMPLETE! Break for a few months...

Frihetsanka

Smash Champion
I suppose I'll vote for some high-mid tiers and high tiers that ended up too low last time (partly due to lack of results, results that we now have).

:4falcon:+1
:4robinf:+1
:4lucina:+1

Edit: Lucario will move up anyway, and Olimar won't at this point, so in order to speed up the process, I've decided to change my vote. This way, we might see two more characters move up to their rightful place this round.

+ :4darkpit:
+ :4pit:

Last edited:

Frihetsanka

Smash Champion
Should Ike really be high-mid tier? He seems more like a mid tier character to me, but maybe I'm missing something.

sleepy_Nex

Smash Journeyman
There are things that hold him back but it isn't enough to hold him back from being high-midtier.

ShadowGuy1

Smash Lord
There are things that hold him back but it isn't enough to hold him back from being high-midtier.
Imo, higher mid tier ranges from the likes of Corrin/tink-pits, a character I think are better than Ike. Ike is mid tier imo, but he does not have that much going for him

Frihetsanka

Smash Champion
Imo, higher mid tier ranges from the likes of Corrin/tink-pits, a character I think are better than Ike. Ike is mid tier imo, but he does not have that much going for him
I think Corrin and Toon Link are high tier. High-mid is more like Luigi, Lucas, Robin, and Donkey Kong, in my opinion. Oh, and Pit, yeah. I'm still not sure if Ike qualifies, but it's possible, I put him high on the mid tier in my personal tier list, after all, so moving him up a few slots into high-mid wouldn't be all that radical.

Frihetsanka

Smash Champion
- ::4zss:
+ :rosalina:
+ :4megaman:
+ :4lucas:
- :4ryu:
You don't think Zero Suit Samus is top tier, or Ryu top tier/high tier? Neither of them have gotten that many votes yet anyway, so shouldn't they move above mid tier? If you think either of those two are mid tier, then I'd like to see an explanation.

Linkip

Smash Cadet
You don't think Zero Suit Samus is top tier, or Ryu top tier/high tier? Neither of them have gotten that many votes yet anyway, so shouldn't they move above mid tier? If you think either of those two are mid tier, then I'd like to see an explanation.
Not many votes have been done at all, I know more votes for ZSS and Ryu will come later. And no i don't think they are mid tier. Just not as high as many people think they are.

Volga

Juggling Veteran
NNID
Saltytitan
3DS FC
0533-7336-5044
*swooce's in*
+:4bayonetta:
+:4lucario:
+:4sonic:
-:4jigglypuff:
-:4ganondorf:
*swooce's out*

Frihetsanka

Smash Champion
Not many votes have been done at all, I know more votes for ZSS and Ryu will come later. And no i don't think they are mid tier. Just not as high as many people think they are.
The way I see it is that the current changes are somewhat gradual. Any character with 3-9 votes will be moved to high-mid tier for now, and 10+ high tier. Even if ZSS and Ryu would get 10+ votes (which doesn't seem likely at the moment) they would only end up in high tier. Do you not think they deserve to at least be high tier?

Bowserboy3

Asking mum how to talk to a lady
NNID
Bowserboy3
I know more votes for ZSS and Ryu will come later.
Just a note for everyone.

Please don't vote based on future predictions. Vote on the tier list at the time of voting. We want accuracy. We can't take the future into our own hands.

---

Do you REALLY think Rosalina is below mid tier?

Last edited:

Jomo In West MI

Smash Rookie
+:4bowser:
+:4wario:
-:4falcon:
-:4pikachu:

Bowser Wario and Lucario are all extremely underrated. They also all have results from what I've seen (Wario mostly in Europe but I digress). Bowser is a weird one because noone seems to want to advance his meta. He has the potential I tell you the POTENTIAL.

D

Deleted member

+:4bowser:
+:4wario:
-:4falcon:
-:4pikachu:

Bowser Wario and Lucario are all extremely underrated. They also all have results from what I've seen (Wario mostly in Europe but I digress). Bowser is a weird one because noone seems to want to advance his meta. He has the potential I tell you the POTENTIAL.
You think Wario and Bowser are above mid tier... why? And why do you think Falcon and Pika are below mid?

D

Deleted member

dang, rip Palu. I think like three people downvoted her.

The list will sort itself out in future voting periods, so this isn't a big issue.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bowserboy3

NNID
Bowserboy3
And also remember that characters don't get split up like in a few posts above when updated.

Remember, all characters with +/-3 move 1 tier, and all characters with +/-10 move 2 tiers. Regardless if one character gets, say +3 and another gets +9, they will still move up into the same tier.

Speaking of which, if we keep getting votes at this pace, I may be able to update in a couple of days time...

Last edited:

MarioManTAW

Smash Ace
And also remember that characters don't get split up like in a few posts above when updated.

Remember, all characters with +/-3 move 1 tier, and all characters with +/-10 move 2 tiers. Regardless if one character gets, say +3 and another gets +9, they will still move up into the same tier.

Speaking of which, if we keep getting votes at this pace, I may be able to update in a couple of days time...
I put line breaks at +/- 3 places, with square brackets [] denoting characters at the same level.

Frihetsanka

Smash Champion
Current votes:
7:4diddy:[6:4cloud::4mewtwo:][5:4fox::4sheik:][4:4bayonetta::4lucario:][3:4lucas::4lucina::4mario::4marth::4sonic::4zss:]
[2:4bowser::4falcon::4myfriends::4megaman::rosalina::4wario2::4yoshi:][1:4duckhunt::4greninja::4metaknight::4gaw::4ness::4olimar::4pikachu::4pit::4robinm::4shulk::4tlink::4villager::4wiifit:][0:4bowserjr::4corrin::4darkpit::4dk::4drmario::4dedede::4kirby::4link::4luigi::4pacman::4peach::4rob::4feroy::4ryu:][-1:4charizard::4falco::4littlemac::4samus::4zelda::4miibrawl::4miigun::4miisword:][-2:4ganondorf::4palutena:]
-3:4jigglypuff:
I took the liberty of adding numbers to your post to make it easier to follow. I haven't checked if the numbers add up, but from a quick overview they seem fairly accurate to me.

D

Deleted member

:4ryu: -1
:rosalina: +1
:4link: +1
:4shulk: -1
:4corrinf: +1
Why the Ryu downvote, especially since he's well below mid right now in terms of the votes?

I disagree with the Shulk one, but that's likely main bias

TDK

Smash Master
NNID
GrayCN
Why the Ryu downvote, especially since he's well below mid right now in terms of the votes?

I disagree with the Shulk one, but that's likely main bias
Oh, I looked at it as though everyone was top tier, not mid tier. Personally, I think that's a better way to do this but other than that I just don't think Ryu is that good. Shulk was more because Link and Corrin > Shulk and I wanted to fix that.

Frihetsanka

Smash Champion
Cloud isn't high tier or top tier in your opinion? Even if he got 10 votes he'd only end up in high tier at best, so why the downvote? Do you really think Cloud is just high-mid?

QualityQ

Smash Apprentice
+ :4darkpit:
+ :4pit:
+ :4pikachu:
+ :4robinm:
- :4zelda:

Explanation seems optional, so I'll just explain my pit perspectives.

First of all, there's the frequently-present "under-representation" issue; pit just isn't seen very frequently. (something-something-Earth-something-something)

Second is the very bizarre "Pit is an honest character" perspective. Yes, Pit clearly has some strength in fundamentals. Zero explained in his tier list video that Pit has a lot of basic neutral options as an all-around character and a player with good fundamentals can do well with Pit. But in reality, Pit has a lot of options that don't really feel that honest. G-orbitars can block many recovery options, you can do grab pins through downthrow-upsmash or down throw->upair-> regrab, fthrow kills at higher percents, and the spike hitbox on downair is MASSIVE. Alot of people know pit for basic fundamentals but Earth's defensive play style overshadows some of Pit's techniques that don't feel as honest, and lack of representation doubles to hide these options.

TDK

Smash Master
NNID
GrayCN
Cloud isn't high tier or top tier in your opinion? Even if he got 10 votes he'd only end up in high tier at best, so why the downvote? Do you really think Cloud is just high-mid?
No, I don't think Cloud is tied for #2 and ahead of Sheik, Rosa, Sonic, Mario, and Bayo.

Bowserboy3

NNID
Bowserboy3
Also remember that just because the character can move up 2 places this round, it doesn't mean they can't go higher next round.

For example, if both Cloud and Diddy get voted up, it's still entirely possible to vote one of them up even further next time.

Just because the character may end up as one of the best two at the end of this round, it doesn't mean they will stay that way. If the character is clearly higher than mid tier, then you can continue to vote them up.

I'll also add a friendly reminder that...

CHARACTERS ARE NOT RANKED WITHIN TIERS AS OF YET.
Every character in a specific tier is considered equal during this kind of voting round. Once we have had plenty of this kind of round and have something resembling an accurate tier list with people struggling to find votes, the list gets locked and we vote on individual tiers, and the characters placements within the tiers.

Don't worry about character placements as of yet.

Last edited:
Top Bottom