• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashboards Community Voted Tier List: Version 4 COMPLETE! Break for a few months...

Frihetsanka

Smash Champion
:4luigi::4dk::4bowser::4olimar::4robinf::4rob::4yoshi::4link::4myfriends:
+1 :4luigi:

I want to upvote Donkey Kong or Bowser, but so far not a single character has moved up, so I might as well side with Luigi, who seems to have a chance of moving up right now. All three deserve to move up (as well as Olimar and Robin).

Edit: Moved Olimar up one step.

Last edited:

L1N3R1D3R

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-3822-0133-6917
:4luigi::4dk::4bowser::4olimar::4robinf::4rob::4link::4yoshi::4myfriends:

+1:4luigi: Elegant is doing crazy things with him, showing that his immense strengths are plenty enough to make him a valuable counterpick character against certain top tiers like Bayonetta, and generally a strong main in general.

Close calls were DK, Bowser, and Olimar moving up, and Ike (as sad as it is for me, an Ike secondary) to move down.

jespoke

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Jespoke
Lol, Mid(-) ended up exactly as my vote.

Also, as a person that has recently been playing as :4robinf: in both my Swords-only run of Awakening, and in Smash 4, i feel a bit attacked. But i want my vote counted so whatever. :p

Mid: :4luigi::4robinm::4bowser::4olimar::4dk::4rob::4myfriends::4yoshi::4link:

- :4link:

In my head Link is an odd one out in this tier. He is part of the little group that are top 3 of Mid(-) to me.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
If Luigi wasn't so vital nowadays, my vote would have been -Link as well. I just feel being the most or second most important CP character overrides that need.

lbrasz44

Smash Apprentice
:4luigi::4bowser::4olimar::4dk::4robinm::4rob::4myfriends::4link::4yoshi:

+:4luigi:This was actually a tough call, everyone from Luigi-Robin could make a compelling case to move up, gotta go with :4luigi: due to his niche matchups being fairly relevant as cp character in addition to not necessarily being invisible in the scene as well.

Bowserboy3

Asking mum how to talk to a lady
NNID
Bowserboy3
Tsk tsk, all these :4robinf: faces.

I'm hurt...

Ike is still one of the very very very few characters that can claim to have an advantage over Sonic
Do you mind breaking this down/explaining this to me please?

Not saying you're wrong, but I just never heard of this claim before. How does Ike have an advantage against Sonic? What can he do that makes it easier for him rather than the other way around?

Last edited:

Frihetsanka

Smash Champion
Tsk tsk, all these :4robinf: faces.

I'm hurt...
Male Robin's voice doesn't fit his appearence, female Robin's does. I'm also not much of a fan of the Bishōnen (pretty boy) aesthetic that Japanese games and anime seem to enjoy. With that being said, if others prefer male Robin that's fine. People may use whichever skin they want.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Do you mind breaking this down/explaining this to me please?

Not saying you're wrong, but I just never heard of this claim before. How does Ike have an advantage against Sonic? What can he do that makes it easier for him rather than the other way around?
1) Results of this MU being played out since 1.0.4. Ike started having a winning record against top level Sonics ever since this patch. And after that patch Ike got buffed several more times while Sonic got nerfed several more times which would further widen the gap. It wasn't a small margin either. It might be swinging back towards even as of a few months ago but it still is a long ways away. It was close to a 2:1 win ratio at one point in Ike's favour. (Should be noted that despite the heavily lopsided results a lot of Sonic mains have been heavily resistant to the idea that they lose to Ike)

2) Ike has giant aerials, full of disjoint, and high shield push back, that either auto-cancel or have almost no landing lag. This is a problem for Sonic. If he tries to run in and shield the aerial he gets pushed out. Due to how Fair and Nair's arcs work he can't dash in under and punish Ike, he's going to get hit. Going over is risky because of the arcs as well, and if he went over using Spin Dash, Ike can shield upon landing before Sonic can spring or Dair most of the time (its a tight race with spring in particular). If he stops outside of the aerial's range and then tries to go in for a punish, again Ike has enough time to shield.

3) Ike's pivot grab destroys spin dash. Large range, easily yanks him out of it. Dtilt does as well but grab is better because then Sonic is getting hit by guaranteed throw combos. Which in turn means

4) Sonic loses the damage race. When Sonic does get in, he's doing a decent amount of damage to be sure, don't get me wrong. But Ike is making up that damage within one or two throw combos, and he's doing that as well as landing a lot of stray aerials against Sonic. On top of losing the damage race

5) Sonic loses the KOing race. This should be pretty straight forwards. Ike is heavy and Sonic doesn't have the strongest set of KOing tools. He might get a spring gimp (pretty much the only way Sonic is getting an early kill) but its not a reliable gimp. Ike has some of the best KOing potential in the game and can combo into it out of throws.

Throw in a few other minor details (Sonic can't charge Spin Dash up at all while within Dash Attack range which takes out some of his options, if Sonic has to Up B from down low Ike can charge Eruption for free and attempt to kill him for it, perfect pivot'd Utilt is another thing that can give Sonic trouble) and you have a MU that doesn't play out like how people would think at first glance. The other thing I do need to address if the idea of Sonic grabbing the lead and then running the rest of the match. First issue means that he's approaching to do that which means he's playing Ike's game with his easy to stuff out spin dash. But beyond that if Sonic did manage to grab the lead and start running... he can't avoid Ike's range forever. Not with the stages we have legal now.

As I said in point 1 there are signs it might be swinging back to even, the last time a few Ikes faced a few Sonics the Sonics won. But it was never unwinnable for Sonic, it was somewhere between 55-45 and 60-40 for Ike. Its only that strong if Ike plays perfectly and knows how to play the MU. If the Ike doesn't know how to play the MU, he gets torn up by Sonic for the obvious reasons everyone thinks of. And if Sonic manages to get a particularly early gimp KO on Ike its difficult for Ike to make the comeback if Sonic starts running. But it still leaves Ike as one of the few characters who can even make an argument that they beat Sonic, and results still back it up.

JayZee1700

Smash Apprentice
NNID
JZ1700
3DS FC
4442-2981-4202
- :4link:

In my head Link is an odd one out in this tier. He is part of the little group that are top 3 of Mid(-) to me.
I don't see any reason why Link should move down. I just want to know why you think Link isn't good enough for Mid-Tier

jespoke

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Jespoke
Nidtendofreak Nidtendofreak
Sorry, theory isn't accounted for tier lists.
Now this feels straight up rude, dismissing it just like that without an argument.

That wide, auto-canceling, disjointed aerials are things Sonic struggles with shouldn't be a controversial statement, even if the question of who is favored in the Ike/Sonic matchup is one. It is the reason Marths matchup against him is solid as well. (Wasn't thinking in the right terms here)

Edit: I got ahead of myself here, the wording just hit a nerve.

Last edited:

ShadowGuy1

Smash Lord
Now this feels straight up rude, dismissing it just like that without an argument.

That wide, auto-canceling, disjointed aerials are things Sonic struggles with shouldn't be a controversial statement, even if the question of who is favored in the Ike/Sonic matchup is one. It is the reason Marths matchup against him is solid as well.
Honestly, most people(Sonic and Marth Mains) call the matchup one of Marths worst. I am sure Bowserboy3 Bowserboy3 can elaborate more than I can.

Bowserboy3

NNID
Bowserboy3
Honestly, most people(Sonic and Marth Mains) call the matchup one of Marths worst. I am sure Bowserboy3 Bowserboy3 can elaborate more than I can.
To be honest, the main reason why the Marth:Sonic MU is like sticking pins in your eyes is because Sonic's speed makes him hard to KO.

Marth's AC frames are similar (slightly better, but barely noticeable) to Ike's, and so is the landing lag, but the pushback on Ike's aerials (and lack thereof outside of a tipper in Marth's case) make it much easier for Sonic to get up in Marth's face to threaten him. Tie in that fact that it's often harder to actually KO Sonic because his speed makes spacing a tipper for a KO quite troublesome and you've got a MU that's not fun.

---
Also, just to elaborate for those who haven't realised, I AM only joking about the :4robinm:faces; you are free to use whoever you like.

but male robin is still far better smh

Wintermelon43

Smash Champion
Special thanks to Smashboards for not giving me notifications for this thread for the 1 billionth time eventhough I'm following it, and making me almost miss this round.

Anyway:

Original Mid Tier::4yoshi:,:4robinm:,:4myfriends:,:4luigi:,:4olimar:,:4dk:,:4rob:,:4bowser:,:4link:

New mid tier::4luigi::4yoshi::4olimar::4dk::4bowser::4rob::4robinm::4myfriends::4link:

I vote :4luigi: up a tier. Elegant has proved he is a little higher than this.

Edit: Wait wth is with all the Yoshi hate?

Last edited:

Nemesis561

Smash Apprentice
Low Tier: :4kirby::4wiifit::4samus::4miigun::4drmario::4feroy::4bowserjr::4charizard::4falco:

No votes in any direction.

Explanations condensed for convenience:

Kirby: Kirby is likely best in this tier, and it can be argued Kirby should be moved up. You really need to watch Poyo or another great Kirby to see how powerful a kirby grab combo can be. I think Kirby has the best OOS options here as well, which single-handedly can win matchups against these characters. Good speed helps with poor range, which is irrelevant to OOS-play anyway. I decided not to move kirby up because of a weak recovery and very little use for special moves. Low-kill power paired with being easy to launch is also not a good combo.

WiiFit: Wii Fit is very unique and, frankly, underappreciated. In addition to having some of the best results in this tier, Wii Fit has access to tools such as burrow, self-healing, and deep breathing that can really cash in. Add-in (arguably) the safest spike in the game, and you have a decent character. Wii Fit struggles with very patient opponents or simply not getting the right hitbox on difficult-to-land moves. Also lacks damage to provide real kill-power, without deep breathing. One of the few characters in this tier that is, in my opinion, more likely to move up rather than down. Salute the Sun? Salute the Sun!

Samus: Samus has always fluctuated between bottom 10 and bottom 15, but has a lot of tools for close combat to make up for lackluster projectiles. The grab is awful, even if samus can get value out of it when it connects. Overall, you still need your opponent to give you an inch first; Samus struggles against shields. Upair strings keep her above other characters in this list more than anything else.

Mii Gunner: Gunner outside of for glory is nonexistent mainly because Gunner and Diddy Kong have similar playstyles. Which means a good gunner would simply move to a better character. However, Gunner is not bad at a trap game, and has remarkable range for projectiles. This is excellent against heavy characters, meaning gunner has good matchups within this tier and the tier below. No kill pressure is a weakness, but not as bad as other characters.

Dr. Mario: Dr. Mario feels very lackluster to play, even with dthrow dair. On top of that, there's barely any representation; it took me a long time to find just one example of his play. Being a worse version of Mario doesn't look good for Dr. Mario's future either given this already-low playerbase.

Roy: Countless players trying to make Roy good has only proven how awful he is, and SEVEN (more if you count robin, etc.) better sword characters means he really brings nothing to the table. A surprisingly good air and run speed keeps him above other characters, though. Lack of range and a bizarre lack of kill pressure keep him from succeeding.

B. Jr: A wide variety of unreliable tools prove to be unreliable. It's nearly impossible to use down special effectively against an opponent, which is key to him making use of otherwise sluggish moves. His recovery options are so poor it's often better to use them on-stage to make the cart a stage hazard. Poor grab data is also a plague.

Charizard: Charizard can feel like a better character if you manage to stay grounded; and there, his range and down special receive good use. But anyone who's played charizard extensively knows once you get knocked in the air, charizard is very, very easy to juggle. Your opponent must make a mistake to land again; which is a very bad trait to have, especially in FD/TaC/DH/Sville stage selection. Generally slow smashes and direct inferiority to Bowser and DK leaves charizard here.

Falco: Falco is the bottom here due to a very weak projectile (the lag is bad enough to make it near-worthless), no grab game, surprisingly weak smashes, and 46th in air speed AND 41st in run speed (see Kurogane). To top it off, he has no weight making him relatively easy to kill. Although down air into 2nd down air *technically* exists, it requires a lot from your opponent and has no real use. He stays in this tier only because dair is an offstage threat, should you ever find your opponent in a bad position.

Other than Samus, Kirby, and Falco, there seems to be no agreement whatsoever among the votes, which is interesting.
Yikes you have no clue what you're talking about when it comes to bowser jr. I don't disagree with your placement of the character within the tier list, but your reasoning is laughable. Oml what did I just read.. why not just say you don't know enough about the character?

Bowserboy3

NNID
Bowserboy3
Yikes you have no clue what you're talking about when it comes to bowser jr. I don't disagree with your placement of the character within the tier list, but your reasoning is laughable. Oml what did I just read.. why not just say you don't know enough about the character?
That's a fair enough comment (albeit very late and pointless at this stage).

However, why don't you try elaborating a little? Anybody can say "Yeah, you're wrong fam" without backing things up and it's meaningless. Why are his reasons laughable?

And while you're at it, why don't you try leaving a vote for this round? We're voting on the Mid Tier right now.

Nemesis561

Smash Apprentice
That's a fair enough comment (albeit very late and pointless at this stage).

However, why don't you try elaborating a little? Anybody can say "Yeah, you're wrong fam" without backing things up and it's meaningless. Why are his reasons laughable?

And while you're at it, why don't you try leaving a vote for this round? We're voting on the Mid Tier right now.
Sure I'll leave a vote. I'm not gonna really write about how he's wrong because ive done that in the past and it's usually ignored. I understand because not many people care about the character since he isn't meta relevant, but it sucks to write a ton and not have it really be noticed. All I ask is if you don't know enough about the character, don't put out misinformation.

:4luigi::4rob::4robinf::4bowser::4yoshi::4dk::4myfriends::4olimar::4link:
:4luigi:+1
Anyways, I'd agree Luigi should move up he's very relevant because of a good matchup spread. I'm a bit biased because 8bitman and Dath are in my region, but these characters are really good and they've got the results to back it up

Last edited:

Dr.Megaman

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Dr.MM20XX
3DS FC
1392-5817-5075
Still Bayonetta, Cloud, Mario, Rosalina & Luma, Mewtwo, Marth, Ryu, Mega Man, Villager, Pikachu, Toon Link, Corrin, Greninja, Ness, Lucario, Captain Falcon, Bowser, Ness, Pit, Peach, Lucas, Robin, Donkey Kong, Olimar, etc. We'll probably see a fair bit of Palutena from him still, and he might even use Palutena against certain players of the characters he mentioned.

, better than many other low-mid tiers. I think he should be pretty low in low-mid tier, but he's not quite Low tier, his results and MU chart are too good for that. Maybe. His MU chart is very mixed, with lots of really good (+2 and +3) MUs but also lots of really bad (-2 and -3) MUs. If you play Little Mac you'll want a secondary to cover the bad MUs or you'll want to use him as a secondary. I think he should still be a tier above Kirby, who is near the top of Low tier.

Frankly, I'm not convinced myself that he's not Low tier. His MU chart is very mixed, and having really good MUs vs some Low/Bottom tiers does not make up his bad MUs vs Cloud and Bayonetta. Furthermore, his stage select is bad. What might keep him in (low) mid tier are his results and his ability to do really well in certain games.

I'm also not convinced Pac-Man isn't worse than Little Mac. Either way I'd rather spend an upvote on Wario than a downvote on Little Mac or Pac-Man.

According to Sol, Smashville is actually worse for him than Duck Hunt. This makes his stage select even worse, so yeah...
"Tier placement is not based on whether the character can beat other characters in the same tier, but rather overall MU chart and results. Little Mac has pretty good results" This. This is what I always tell people to convince them that Mac isn't low tier.

valakmtnsmash4

Smash Ace
NNID
yathshiv
Please explain why:4dk:and :4bowser: below :4olimar: and :4rob:. I don't see how that makes sense.
My b rob isn't supossed to be there, but I think olimar has what it takes to do decent in the metagame. Olimar has decent representation in the form of shuton, dabuz, myran, and imhip. His matchup spread isn't bad either, as he does good against some of the best characters like diddy kong, which is an important matchup in todays metagame. Bowser and DK are decent heavyweights and are pulling in some good results lately but I feel like there is very simple counter play to them. Don't get me wrong they are characters to look out for but I think olimar edges them out slightly.

Frihetsanka

Smash Champion
So, a lot of people have been wondering... What does high-mid look like?

I'm going to go ahead and start some discussion before we vote (which I assume will be soon anyway).

:4corrinf: is a candidate for moving up to high tier. Her MU chart is good, she's in high tier in most top player's tier lists (some even place her in top tier, which I disagree with), and her results are somewhat decent. She does have some flaws, however, so maybe she's just a mid tier character after all?

:4lucina: is a slightly weaker version (with some advantages) of a high/top tier character, Marth. This puts her in either high tier or high-mid tier.

:4falcon: hits hard, is really fast, has a good combo game, and has some pretty good results. Unfortunately for him, he's somewhat easy to combo and is easily gimped, thus making his MU chart very volatile. His MU chart is not strong enough to make him high tier, although he might be one day if his meta advances enough (probably not) or if certain characters are nerfed (more likely).

:4lucario: is top tier, according to ZeRo. I think his MU chart is too weak to even be high tier. He might be high tier if his current MU charts turn out to be incorrect. I personally don't think he is, though.

:4ness: once a candidate for top tier, Ness is now sitting solidly in the upper parts of mid tier. This is not surprising, since his MU chart was never spectacular, and the character was carried by good players such as NAKAT and FOW. NAKAT has since dropped him and FOW is not as active as he used to me.

:4pit::4darkpit: are pretty similar and should be next to each other, though Pit is generally slightly better. The character is pretty versatile but doesn't really win that many important MUs. He's fine, but probably pretty low in this tier. A lack of results aside from Earth doesn't help his case.

:4lucas: used to be hyped, but now the hype has fallen off a bit. We're left with a pretty good character with a pretty decent MU chart, and solo Lucas' players can do pretty well. He's not high tier though.

:4peach: could be high tier if Meta Knight and Cloud didn't exist. She's pretty good.

JayZee1700

Smash Apprentice
NNID
JZ1700
3DS FC
4442-2981-4202
Alright, I guess I'll do my High-Mid tier list too:

:4corrinf::4peach::4lucina::4pit::4darkpit::4lucas::4falcon::4ness::4lucario:

Don't think anyone should move up YET, but I could easily see :4corrinf: moving to high tier.

Also could we get an updated list posted? It's difficult to make a tier when you can't base it off of other tiers...

Bowserboy3

NNID
Bowserboy3
Alright, I guess I'll do my High-Mid tier list too:

:4corrinf::4peach::4lucina::4pit::4darkpit::4lucas::4falcon::4ness::4lucario:

Don't think anyone should move up YET, but I could easily see :4corrinf: moving to high tier.

Also could we get an updated list posted? It's difficult to make a tier when you can't base it off of other tiers...
I update the list at the end of each round in the original post; I also add it in my "Updated" post too.

But to make it easier for you, this is the list right now:

Top Tier::4diddy:,:4sheik:,:4fox:,:4bayonetta:,:4sonic:,:rosalina:,:4mario:,:4cloud:,:4mewtwo:,:4zss:
High Tier::4marth:,:4metaknight:,:4villager:,:4greninja:,:4megaman:,:4ryu:,:4tlink:,:4pikachu:
Mid Tier (+)::4corrin:,:4lucina:,:4falcon:,:4lucario:,:4ness:,:4pit:,:4darkpit:,:4lucas:,:4peach:
Mid Tier::4yoshi:,:4robinm:,:4myfriends:,:4luigi:,:4olimar:,:4dk:,:4rob:,:4bowser:,:4link:
Mid Tier (-) [LOCKED]::4wario2:,:4shulk:,:4duckhunt:,:4gaw:,:4pacman:,:4littlemac:,:4palutena:
Low Tier [LOCKED]::4samus:,:4kirby:,:4feroy:,:4drmario:,:4charizard:/:4wiifit:,:4bowserjr:,:4miigun:,:4falco:
Bottom Tier [LOCKED]::4dedede:,:4zelda:,:4ganondorf:,:4jigglypuff:,:4miisword:,:4miibrawl:
---

As a note to all, I'll be updating likely sometime tomorrow. As such, get your last changes in now.

TDK

Smash Master
NNID
GrayCN
Two characters in Mid Tier+ Really don't deserve to be there. Thankfully, I can move them both under one vote.

Bowserboy3

NNID
Bowserboy3
For me, if I had to choose one character to go down from Mid (+) it would be Lucas. He's had his hype days, he was fun for a while, but it never amounted to anything. That and people figured out that SDI'ing in the opposite way he's going outright breaks his Nair. Still solid, but now what I'd call the upper echelons of Mid Tier.

The only other real character(s) I could see an arguement for moving down are Pit and (to a more noticeable extent) Dark Pit. However, to be fair in Pit's case, he's got a player who's ranked one of the best in his country, and ranked 25th on the global PR. Add onto that that he still commonly gets solid results (25th at Genesis 4 for example, along with multiple top 10 finishes in Japan) and you've got a character that can clearly do things in my eyes.

To be honest, I feel both Corrin and Lucina have potential to move up, both to varying degrees, but I'm not going to cry if they stayed in this tier (provided they were near the top).

Peach is also heavily underrated (or at least, has been); her results are picking up in multiple regions now. Not saying she should be high tier, but I think if pushed hard enough she could do it. Definitely one of the contenders for top 3 in Mid (+) if you ask me.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
To me, Peach, Corrin, Pit, Dark Pit, and Lucas all need to move down. And then Luigi needs to move up, maybe Bowser and DK as well. Those five are still clinging hard to "potential" and one person in particular doing decent with them. Not sure if Pit/Dark Pit or Lucas will ultimately end up with my down vote but its going to be one of those two.

Lucina should be the top of this tier no questions asked about that.

Last edited:

JayZee1700

Smash Apprentice
NNID
JZ1700
3DS FC
4442-2981-4202
To me, Peach, Corrin, Pit, Dark Pit, and Lucas all need to move down. And then Luigi needs to move up, maybe Bowser and DK as well. Those five are still clinging hard to "potential" and one person in particular doing decent with them. Not sure if Pit/Dark Pit or Lucas will ultimately end up with my down vote but its going to be one of those two.

Lucina should be the top of this tier no questions asked about that.
I agree with moving :4luigi:, and maybe :4dk: and/or :4bowser: up, but I don't really agree with moving more than half of the Upper Mid Tier down. Perhaps :4lucas:,:4pit: and :4darkpit: don't compare to the other Upper Mid Tiers, but they are a lot better than the Mid Tiers, so they wouldn't really fit there.

I don't understand why you think :4corrinf: and :4peach: should move down. The former is DEFINITELY out of place if they were in Mid Tier, and the latter has been getting pretty good results lately. Many :4corrinf: players such as Cosmos and Ryuga have proved that this character has what it takes to compete against the top tiers. :4corrinf: has many reliable kill setups and a good combo game to lead into those setups. I may be wrong on this, but I think :4corrinf: is one of a few characters that have 2 kill throws. :4corrinf: is so much better than the Mid Tiers, and I think they have a chance in Lower High tier.

All of a sudden, a lot of :4peach: players like Samsora and Kie have been playing out of their minds! ESAM said himself that the one player he did not want to play in tournament was Samsora. He ended up losing to Samsora anyway. Also :4peach: has crazy infinites, which is enough to keep her in Upper Mid Tier if not Lower High Tier.

I don't think you can just say that half of the Upper Mid Tier should be moved down and some of the Mid Tier moved up without any reasons to back up your claim. I just don't want to make a bad decision by moving someone to a tier that they shouldn't be in.

Last edited:

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
I've explained Corrin so many times I'm getting sick of doing so.

1) Only one good player who actually travels, said player does... well but not amazingly well. They ain't hitting top 8 in majors. Cosmos, while a good player... is borderline irrelevant because they can't travel. They're stuck in one area that doesn't get much in the way of majors.

2) Their results have been slowly declining. Its not a straight decline, its like a stock market graph decline. Lots of ups and downs but when you map the overall trend its downwards. Corrin ain't much of a pocket character anymore. People like ESAM who had tinkered around with them as a secondary have dropped them from such a roll.

3) They have never ever ever ever ever ever ever reached their "top 15 potential" and yet people keep raving about them and they really need to stop doing that. End of the day, their lack of mobility holds them back. No I'm not talking about the nerf. Their overall mobility is sub-part. That is why Ryuga hasn't been able to really dominate in an international: mobility matters a lot and in the end of the day, Corrin does not do well against keep away. Side be has good range yes, but its a) predictable because its Corrin's only option against that b) kinda narrow by the tip. Its the wrong type of move for stopping keep away.

You want more details than that, go dig up some of my other posts here or in the Tier List topic. End of the day, Corrin has never proved themselves to be high tier, just overhyped fluff. Peach is in the same boat to a slightly lessor extent: just one person who really matters. Too many cries of "b-b-but potential!" even though the character is irrelevant as a secondary and you have like... 1-2 in the whole entire world you have to worry about. That is not a metagame threat. That ain't a high tier.

Top Bottom