• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SmashBoards Community Echo Voting Thread: Part 48 Shulk

Who should be Robin's Echo?

• Total voters

Fane

Smash Journeyman
Igglybuff is definitely a viable candidate for a Jigglypuff Echo.

The problem is that it's not as recognizable or requested as... literally anything else. Still voted for it though.

HarajukuNinja

Smash Cadet
NNID
harajuku_ninja
3DS FC
3523-3461-8281
This is an interesting thread. I'm surprised I didn't see this earlier.

Anyways, I'm going to have to go with Dark Bowser due to my nostalgia with Bowser's Inside Story and the fact that he's similar to Samus's Dark Samus. Plus, I would much prefer for Dry Bowser and Meowser to be skins and I find that Wart share more similarities with K. Rool.

I wouldn't mind Midbus or Bowletta though.

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Bump! New day!

Also, please quote this if you want me to tag you every new day!
please do

i voted for meowser cause actually it would be pretty fun, give him a wall jump and bowser's old side b and you got it

midbus would be pretty good but i dont see that happening

ive got nothing for the ice climbers

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I choose Dry Bowser, but the should’ve been a alternative costume in the first place. Not a Echo.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Dry Bowser should be a costume. If we need an echo Wart could work

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
I'm going for Wart here. Dry Bowser just feels too much like an alt costume.

I got nothing for the ICs though. The only possibility I can see of someone chibi-sized that needs to be in a pair is Plusle/Minun, but nothing else works even slightly or that.

And yeah, I'd like to get tagged so I don't miss a thing.

JayJay55

Smash Journeyman
I was originally going for Wart on this one. Because I’d personally like it if another character got a chance in the spotlight as an echo rather than another form of Bowser. Midbus would’ve been my first choice but he lacks legs, which would cause problems trying to fit his design with Bowser’s animations. He’s also lacking claws which Bowser uses frequently in his move set, Midbus would at least be able to do Bowser’s up Smash considering his back has spines on it. Wart on the other hand lacks a shell entirely, but they could possibly replace the moves in which Bowser’s shell is used with moves from other characters on the roster (this would probably deviate too far from an echo though). D-air & D-Smash could be taken from Charizard, up-B could be taken from DeDeDe, and U-throw (& possibly U-Smash) can be taken from K. Rool. Neutral-B could still function like Bowser’s but changed so he spews multiple poisonous bubbles, harkening back to his boss battle. (Admittedly, the changes previously stated might be too much to fall into echo status and seems more like a semi clone looking back at this....meaning this won’t work out in the end).

Last edited:

User Name String

Smash Apprentice
Midbus as Ice Bowser would be cool. (Yes ice puns are mandated)

As for Ice Climbers: Ike Climbers of course! (I have no idea)

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord
1536547316413m.jpg

But in all seriousness, I think Bowser is fine without an Echo.

Last edited:

smashingDoug

Smash Lord
I'm going for Wart here. Dry Bowser just feels too much like an alt costume.

I got nothing for the ICs though. The only possibility I can see of someone chibi-sized that needs to be in a pair is Plusle/Minun, but nothing else works even slightly or that.

And yeah, I'd like to get tagged so I don't miss a thing.
I like that idea but bowser’s, B and Up B, how would that work with a frog/Toad?

You also got the Up or Down throw what would have to be changed

Last edited:

Mastermiine

Smash Journeyman
On the first post, would you be able to post the full results for each day rather than just who won? I'd also be interested in going back and seeing all the options and how well each one did.
Sure, I will add that sometime this week!

Mastermiine

Smash Journeyman
Unfortunately not all the screenshots saved properly so I only have access to some of them. Even though I thought I have been saving them everyday. They are in the spoiler though.

Mastermiine

Smash Journeyman
On the first post, would you be able to post the full results for each day rather than just who won? I'd also be interested in going back and seeing all the options and how well each one did.
I can't find the rest sorry. :(

SkySkipper

Smash Rookie
I can't find the rest sorry. :(
That's okay. What you've posted already is just what I was hoping for. Thank you.

I don't know if you kept track, but if you at least have the list of the other options without the results for the others, that would be nice to be able to see as well. But if you don't, that's no big deal.

Mastermiine

Smash Journeyman
In the comments for the past few pages you can see some suggestions and what people voted for. I can pull up the list sometime soon also.

Vingag

Smash Apprentice
Ike Climbers? As in just tiny Ikes running around with hammers?

Also...
I nominate Impa for Sheik
OK, so this is a good a place as any for this: How would Impa as a Sheik clone work? Because either I'm behind on my Zelda lore (which is possible!), or Impa uses a giant stone sword doesn't really have a grappling hook or shurikens like Sheik does. Is this a popular choice just because these are two women from the same Shiekah tribe? I'm not agains the Impa echo idea, I just want to know why.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
OK, so this is a good a place as any for this: How would Impa as a Sheik clone work? Because either I'm behind on my Zelda lore (which is possible!), or Impa uses a giant stone sword doesn't really have a grappling hook or shurikens like Sheik does. Is this a popular choice just because these are two women from the same Shiekah tribe? I'm not agains the Impa echo idea, I just want to know why.
Most of the distinction between the two comes from Hyrule Warriors, which isn't canon. In Ocarina of Time, Zelda was raised by Impa so when they went into hiding, she was trained under her tutelage...

Vingag

Smash Apprentice
Most of the distinction between the two comes from Hyrule Warriors, which isn't canon. In Ocarina of Time, Zelda was raised by Impa so when they went into hiding, she was trained under her tutelage...
But in Skyward Sword- and I think we're all assuming we're going to get the younger Impa because Old Impa would be... a fantastic choice that I'd love to see, but probably not going to happen- Impa had her sword. Are she and Sheik similar in Ocarina of Time which (don't get too mad) I haven't played? Is that the missing Sheikah link (heh)?

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
But in Skyward Sword- and I think we're all assuming we're going to get the younger Impa because Old Impa would be... a fantastic choice that I'd love to see, but probably not going to happen- Impa had her sword. Are she and Sheik similar in Ocarina of Time which (don't get too mad) I haven't played? Is that the missing Sheikah link (heh)?
They ARE similar in that they don't do much action except for vanishing with Deku Nuts. Sakurai basically pulled Sheik's moveset out of his ***. But it stands that Impa would work as an Echo because they are both Sheikahs and were presented as such in OoT...

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Baby Mario/Luigi is a great idea!

And yeah, Impa's really the only logical Sheik clone.

Also, Impa in OoT has the same tanto on her back. Not that either of them use it at all.

Heatswave

Smash Apprentice
Baby Mario/Luigie comes close, but I don't really see it working as an echo, maybe a semi clone...
Another possibility for Sheik could be Kohga from Breath of the Wild?

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
im gonna go with baby m&l for ice climbers others dont make sense on any level

impa makes sense for shiek the most we havent had to many thatd work for shiek

MrRoidley

Smash Ace
No choices for ICs really

For Sheik, I won't nominate anybody since I want Impa to be unique :p

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord
I vote to not take away what makes the Ice Climbers interesting, let them be to only true duo fighter.

Top Bottom