• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SmashBoards Community Echo Voting Thread: Part 48 Shulk

Who should be Robin's Echo?

• Total voters

Vingag

Smash Apprentice
I voted Mr. L for a Luigi echo, although honestly that would work best as a costume swap.

As for a Ness echo: NINTEN! Of course it's Ninten! I give all my votes to Ninten!

slambros

Smash Ace
Yeah, Ninten for Ness. It's probably not even worth trying to think of another option, at least for me.

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
While I prefer Mr.L, Luigi just won't have him as a Echo because Mr.L hails from a Paper Mario game. Paper Mario himself would have to be introduced first, and besides that, Mr.L isn't a major character that appears in multiple Paper Mario games either. Dr.Luigi has his own game I recall? Definitely a plus in this regard.

slambros

Smash Ace
I think if I had to go with an Echo for Luigi, it'd be Dr. Luigi; but I really don't think an Echo would be necessary to be honest.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
I'll go for Ninten, but I feel he'd be best as an alt costume if anything. If I'm not mistaken, Mother 2 was left ambiguous enough that Ness could actually be Ninten.

So based on numbering, Falcon's next, right? Easily could have echoes for some of the other pilots (Black Shadow, Jody Summers, etc.). I know people also like to consider cross-series echoes in Blaziken as well.

Heatswave

Smash Apprentice
Voted for Ninten, makes the most sense for me...
Black Shadow or Blood Falcon, but I see they already have been nominated.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
ninten would be my pick, tough any of them would be fun

as for falcon how bout that guy phoenix, he looks like falcon

Scottfrankd

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ScottFrankD
ninten would be my pick, tough any of them would be fun

as for falcon how bout that guy phoenix, he looks like falcon
I picked Ninten too, mainly because I haven't played an Earthbound/Mother game, so I don't know what makes the other characters unique/similar.
I do know that Ness is based on Ninten, though, so why not have all 3 protagonists in Smash for the sake of an echo?

For Falcon, there are so many to choose from - as much as Black Shadow is thrown around, and as much as I think Phoenix would be cool, I'd like to see a mainstay to the F-Zero series, being Dr. Stewart. He's a similar build, if a bit thinner, and is as recognisable to the series as Samurai Goroh is.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I believe there are viable options for a Ness Echo, I just find it fully unnecessary.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
...yeah, I can't really see anyone realistic besides the shadow.

For Jiggles...You've got her other evolutions Igglybuff and Wigglytuff. Clefairy would work oddly well also.

SmasherMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
TelevisionGamer
No Blaziken? I guess I'll vote for Black Shadow.

Also, nominating Togepi if it hasn't been shown as a Pokeball pokemon.

Mastermiine

Smash Journeyman
Bump! New Poll is up!

Bowser is next!

I got Dry Bowser already, but who should be next?

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
I can't really see a good one for Jigglypuff. Honestly, the more I think about it, the better I think Clefairy would work.

Anyway, Bowser...I can't really see any good echoes there beyond Dry Bowser. There were some body-snatched versions of him like Bowletta, or Wart might fit as well.

Heatswave

Smash Apprentice
Oh, I missed Captain Falcon :(
Voted for Wigglytuff, although it's porbably too big for a corresponding echo...

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
drat i missed one, oh well, i think id prefer wiggytuff as jigglypuff's echo roll out probably wouldnt work but that shouldnt be a problem

as for bowser my suggestions have already been nominated i was gonna go with midbus too, just have ice instead of fire

oh hang on mewoser, hed be fun

Mastermiine

Smash Journeyman
Oh, I missed Captain Falcon :(
Voted for Wigglytuff, although it's porbably too big for a corresponding echo...
drat i missed one, oh well, i think id prefer wiggytuff as jigglypuff's echo roll out probably wouldnt work but that shouldnt be a problem

as for bowser my suggestions have already been nominated i was gonna go with midbus too, just have ice instead of fire

Sorry, my days of changing have inconsistent times.

I can try to tag you guys next time.

Scottfrankd

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ScottFrankD

I picked Igglybuff purely because of their similar shape and size, since I think Wigglytuff might cause issues with that (although I would rather have Wigglytuff.)

I didn't see the suggestions for Bowser, but I do like the idea of a Dry Bowser 'echo' that uses the melee moveset.

Vingag

Smash Apprentice
I chose Togepi. Not because I think they'd be a good/likely echo, but because I like Togepi! That adorable little egg-guy has hustled it's way into my heart. I also chose Togepi, because Clefairy wasn't a choice (and I suppose I have only myself to blame for not throwing a vote in for the fairy pokemon).

Anyways, for Bowser... I mean the most likely choice is Dry Bones, but I'd prefer to see Wart show up. What can I say, I have a soft spot for obscure retro folks.

Scottfrankd

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ScottFrankD
I chose Togepi. Not because I think they'd be a good/likely echo, but because I like Togepi! That adorable little egg-guy has hustled it's way into my heart. I also chose Togepi, because Clefairy wasn't a choice (and I suppose I have only myself to blame for not throwing a vote in for the fairy pokemon).

Anyways, for Bowser... I mean the most likely choice is Dry Bones, but I'd prefer to see Wart show up. What can I say, I have a soft spot for obscure retro folks.
I would have picked Clefairy if she was an option - am I right in thinking that Jigglypuff and Clefairy were catchable in the same area but depending on whether you had Red/Blue? I think Togepi would have been an iconic representation for Gen 2, since it's one of the first we meet, but also the first to introduce the egg mechanic and baby Pokemon - I get why they chose Pichu, but eh, I would have rather had Raichu as the Pikachu clone.

Top Bottom