• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashboards Announces New Managing Editor & Content Manager

Smashboards_new_management.jpg

The Smashboards news team would like to announce a major change to its editor lineup. Our current managing editor Scribe Scribe will be departing from the team. Our long-time content manager Thirdkoopa Thirdkoopa will be taking his place, with Zerp Zerp stepping up to fill Thirdkoopa’s former role as Content Manager.

With this in mind, we’d like to share some parting words from Scribe, as well as introductions from Thirdkoopa and Zerp.

Scribe’s Parting Words
It’s been a long run - over five and a half years, the longest of anyone to hold this position. In my time here, if there’s anything I’ve brought to the team, it’s stability. I may not have been as ambitious as my predecessors, but through countless community-shaping events, the team stayed consistent in our work and our vision.

At the same time, with shifting priorities in my life, I’ve reached a point where I can’t really give the team the attention it deserves. I was in my first year of college when I first joined the team. Back then, Smash was my main passion in life. But, now I’m working full-time, and the last time I even sat down to play Smash was over a year ago. Even in what little spare time I have, I’m far more focused on Rivals of Aether and tinkering with Linux systems.

It took me a while to admit it, but it was time to move on. Once it came time to hand things off, I at least knew that with Thirdkoopa and Zerp in charge, the team would be in good hands.

That’s not to say I’ll be gone from the front page forever, since I still plan on keeping up with the community and my friends on the team. I may even write a guest article or two if the mood ever strikes me, but my time running the show has come to an end.

Thirdkoopa's Introduction
Hi, I’m Thirdkoopa. These days I go by my real name, Lucas Guimaraes. For those who don’t know me, I’ve been a writer and Content Manager on the news team for over nine years. While I’m not as involved in the Smash scene these days, I remain very active in helping writers grow to their full potential.

I’m so grateful to have spent 5 years leading the writing team with Scribe. I’ll miss him greatly, but I think this switch is for the best. I look forward to being the current Managing Editor and continuing the great work that Scribe has done.

Zerp's Introduction
Hi, I’m Zerp and I’ve written, edited and created graphics here for about four years. I’m very honored to become the Content Manager, and am excited to do my best. I’d also like to say thanks to Thirdkoopa, Scribe and everyone else on the writing team. It’s an absolute pleasure working with you all, and I’m very glad to keep doing so in my new role!

Last edited by a moderator:
Smashboards

Comments

Top Bottom