• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - E3 Invitational 2014 Smashboarders unite! (Come and check who you can meet at your local best buy!)

obeymalleo

Smash Ace
NNID
obeymalleo
3DS FC
2595-2443-7489
You're going to meet three other Smashboards users then, since my ride is with Triangles, and I plan on meeting up with ToothiestAura as well.
Well, hopefully we can all get equal playing time I guess; we can take turns, right?

relaxedexcorcist

Smash Ace
NNID
relaxed
3DS FC
4167-4486-3541

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
Well, hopefully we can all get equal playing time I guess; we can take turns, right?
Well, if it's just the four of us and a couple of friends I would imagine we would get a ton of playtime each. I imagine there will be quite a few other people there, but here's hoping I'm wrong. I would imagine that a BestBuy/Nintendo rep would monitor times and turns.

Last edited:

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
So my own info if anyone is interested.

Apart from attending E3 all 3 days and going to the invitational, I will also attend the following Best Buys:

I will be going to Culver City, CA on Wednesday 11th. I will be arriving around 7:00 PM and staying until the event ends.

I will be going to Costa Mesa, CA on Saturday 14th (unless Culver City is incredibly empty. If it is I will probably go to Culver City again this day). I will be arriving as soon as the store opens and will leave when the event ends.

My preferred name is Nick. I am a 5'11 dark skinned latino. Probably carrying a black backpack, a Zelda gold 3DS, an iphone 5 with a teal cover and an incredibly small blue camera.

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
If only Nintendo could permit GameStop stores to have the Smash 4 demo as well. It stinks knowing that all the demo locations are way out of my area.

smash superstar

Smash Ace
Just wanted to say this is my first time posting to smashboards in years....back for the new SSB hype!

Anyhow here our my details:

Smashboards Nickname: smash_superstar
First/Preferred Name: Travis
Date(s) & Time(s): Wed. 4 to whenever I feel the want to leave

2 more days!

Geckomaster25x

Smash Rookie
NNID
Geckomaster25x
Nickname: Geckomaster
First Name: JF
Date/Time: Wednesday 4-? / Saturday ?-5
Hometown: Terre Haute, IN

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Either my eyes are deceiving me, or there are actually some Best Buy locations that are attending that have not been mentioned on the Best Buy website. I checked the following link, and it appears that one of my nearby Best Buy locations will be involved once more.

http://e3.nintendo.com/smashfest/

For Central New York residents, you'll have to go to the Best Buy at Destiny USA.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
@ Cpt. Cpt. : It's a lucky break for me though. Sadly, it doesn't sound like the weather will be favorable tomorrow, but it seems that Saturday will be good.

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
is nobody going in michigan wtf

i'll be at ann arbor rise & shine tomorrow (2pm lmao hopefully i can score a coin)
if you see someone with weird hair it's me. and i'll have a super smash flash 2 shirt on.

Last edited:

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
See you at the Short Pump Best Buy, VA folks. My yellow Pikmin hat is in the front seat of my car, ready to go. I will look absolutely ridiculous. Please take candid shots and laugh at my expense! Something must justify the existence of this hat, ha ha.

I'll be arriving a bit late. Probably getting there around 5PM or so. Gonna try out DK first!

DarkLouis331

Smash Lord
Required

Smashboards Nickname: DarkLouis/Super Lous
First/Preferred Name: Louis
Date(s) & Time(s): 5:30 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.

Optional

Hometown: Perrysburg
Transportation: Car
Note: I'll try to wear my Fox Only Final Destination shirt. I'll have brown hair with a reddish beard. I plan on using a lot of Mario at this tournament. lmao

Last edited:

WoapGang

Mighty Soul of Woapgang
3DS FC
3411-2904-8277
Gaithersburg, MD.
Nickname - Pitismyangel (don't call me that lol)
Preferred name - Colin
I'll be there from 4 until I perish with a couple of friends, I'm a big black dude with a short Afro. I'll probably be wearing a blue shirt that says Big Sexy on it.

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
Required

Smashboards Nickname: DarkLouis/Super Lous
First/Preferred Name: Louis
Date(s) & Time(s): 5:30 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.

Optional

Hometown: Perrysburg
Transportation: Car
Note: I'll try to wear my Fox Only Final Destination shirt. I'll have brown hair with a reddish beard. I plan on using a lot of Mario at this tournament. lmao
Is that directed at me? My info was already formatted into the OP a while ago. I was just posting again as a heads-up to any Richmond players who might want to join me today. I'm well aware of the approved format, but I do appreciate the front-and-center reminder for new posters.

Last edited:

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
Has anyone checked to see if the Best Buy in Culver City is still doing it? I've heard a lot aren't doing it anymore. I tried calling but they're not open yet, and I'm gonna be at work all day.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Has anyone checked to see if the Best Buy in Culver City is still doing it? I've heard a lot aren't doing it anymore. I tried calling but they're not open yet, and I'm gonna be at work all day.
http://e3.nintendo.com/smashfest/

Type in your location's zip code to see if any of your Best Buy locations will be involved.

Chimera

Smash Journeyman
NNID
cmChimera
Don't think I've posted yet?

Username: Chimera
Name: Claude
Dates: Saturday, June 14

Kenbucho

Smash Rookie
NNID
Kenbuchan
3DS FC
0903-3633-3855
Heading to the Best Buy in Century III in about an hour. I'll keep some people updated if they want concrete info. Can't waitttttt.

SmashBroski

Smash Ace
NNID
BookerDewott
3DS FC
1907-9072-8026
Anyone went to the Best Buy at Garden State Plaza in Paramus, NJ?

I was the kid in the Project M shirt!

relaxedexcorcist

Smash Ace
NNID
relaxed
3DS FC
4167-4486-3541
Don't know if anyone who said they were going saw me at the Gaithersburg one. I was near the front of the line the whole time i was there, waiting for my turn to play and recording matches with an iPhone. I left like an hour after the event ended because the line was way to long for me to consider waiting to play a second time. I was wearing a blue shirt, and long gray shorts.

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
Waited OVER THREE HOURS at the Short Pump Best Buy on West Broad Street. Met Andrew and some other cool guys. Not sure if he was the same Andrew from Smashboards. I did wear my RIDICULOUSLY DWEEBISH yellow Pikmin hat. Go big or go home, I say.

One of the employees there from Nintendo was terrifying. Like, he made me feel really uncomfortable. The main Nintendo rep was so friendly and clean-cut, but this guy... ponytail and pink barrette, pink ear guages, overweight, hairy, beard, smoking a tobacco pipe INDOORS, and just never saying a word and being creepy and shall I say queer and intimidating. All the high school boys around me were too hyped up to even pay attention to him, but... anyway. Sheesh.

Plain Yogurt

Smash Ace
Twas indeed me. Guess I shoulda been a bit more clear about who I was, sorry! :laugh: Yeah that guy was totally weird. I don't think he said a word. The matches were pretty fun!

Last edited:

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
Anyone go to the one in Culver City last night? How bad was it?

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
@ obeymalleo obeymalleo
Did you end up going yesterday?

@ Mr.Seven Mr.Seven
You said only Saturday right? Maybe show up a bit early, we did that an the wait was only about an hour. They also had the 3DS version.

Mr.Seven

Smash Journeyman
NNID
The_FPG
@ obeymalleo obeymalleo
Did you end up going yesterday?

@ Mr.Seven Mr.Seven
You said only Saturday right? Maybe show up a bit early, we did that an the wait was only about an hour. They also had the 3DS version.
Actually, I showed up yesterday, since I got mixed up on the days that my friend was off from work to go. I showed up early myself. You might have even saw me and not have noticed it. I was wearing a Dalek shirt that said "Exterminate".

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
Actually, I showed up yesterday, since I got mixed up on the days that my friend was off from work to go. I showed up early myself. You might have even saw me and not have noticed it. I was wearing a Dalek shirt that said "Exterminate".
I didn't notice. I stood out: my pants where white cords with blue and green tye-die patterns. You'd probably remember seeing those.

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
Yeah, I remember seeing those. Oh well, if I knew that were you, I would've stopped to say hi. :p
Ah, oh well. I was gonna post to say what I was wearing, but I was thinking you would be there Saturday not yesterday.

Top Bottom