• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - E3 Invitational 2014 Smashboarders unite! (Come and check who you can meet at your local best buy!)

Trisongs

Smash Apprentice
well if anyone went and is going to be going to woodbridge again sat I am the one with just one crutch. I may or may not be using it to record but yea .

edit on wes I was the only one with one crutch

Last edited:

GreenReaperGod

Smash Lord
I'd like to ask a question to people who have already went to the Smash Fest. I'm going on Saturday for four hours (1-5 PM). How many matches do you think I'll be able to get it?

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I'd like to ask a question to people who have already went to the Smash Fest. I'm going on Saturday for four hours (1-5 PM). How many matches do you think I'll be able to get it?
It can depend on the amount of people who are participating, along with the demo rules that the Smash-Fest administrators have set up.

Trisongs

Smash Apprentice
sadly you will might get 4 mins of game time with the wiiU game however there was more opportunity to play the 3ds version over where my bestbuy was. Besides that I do suggest you bring a 3ds with a multiplier game. I was able to start a 8 player Mario Kart game by just asking the people who were nearby me in line. Do not forget to bring a water bottle or two it was a life saver.

FalconSoup

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShadowMetal
3DS FC
4511-0759-5924
Switch FC
SW 7216 6722 4029
Shoot! I wish I had found this thread before. I went to the Best Buy in Culver City yesterday. I arrived around 3 and didn't leave until about 8:30. Those lines were crazy! I'm not entirely sure if I'm going again on Saturday...If I do, I'm probably getting there at like, 12 or something. The wait was killing me.
I will be going to Culver City, CA on Wednesday 11th. I will be arriving around 7:00 PM and staying until the event ends.
How much play time did you get in? I was only able to play two minutes after waiting in line for so long. =_=
Anyone go to the one in Culver City last night? How bad was it?
Well, the line was really long! I got there around 3 and made it to the middle of the line. I waited about four hours until I could play a match. At least the people waiting in line were awesome. ^^

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
Since Saturday is likely to be even more insane... I'm really starting to wonder if I want to go again. I might wait 4 hours to play for 5 minutes again... I love Smash, but that was brutal. I think I'll skip it and help my uncle with some yardwork instead.

There's plenty of HD videos to watch, anyway :)

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Since Saturday is likely to be even more insane... I'm really starting to wonder if I want to go again. I might wait 4 hours to play for 5 minutes again... I love Smash, but that was brutal. I think I'll skip it and help my uncle with some yardwork instead.

There's plenty of HD videos to watch, anyway :)
Getting there early might help improve your odds though. I don't know if 2 hours before the event would work, but you probably don't want to be waiting without any breakfast.

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
Getting there early might help improve your odds though. I don't know if 2 hours before the event would work, but you probably don't want to be waiting without any breakfast.
Your suggestion is a fine one, but it's a much farther drive from my house versus where I work (came straight from work Wed). I'll just pass this time. I'll live. ;)

I loved the game, don't get me wrong. It's just that, even if I'm first in line, with drive time factored in I'm still losing a decent chunk of my day. I have other stuff to do.

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Your suggestion is a fine one, but it's a much farther drive from my house versus where I work (came straight from work Wed). I'll just pass this time. I'll live. ;)

I loved the game, don't get me wrong. It's just that, even if I'm first in line, with drive time factored in I'm still losing a decent chunk of my day. I have other stuff to do.
Yeah I was never able to attend Wednesday's Smash-Fest, as I didn't have my transportation needs with me. Of course, there's no way that I would've ever traveled 3+ hours, just to see my efforts be in vain. I'm just fortunate that there's a Best Buy near my location that's participating, and it's only really a 15-30 minute drive.

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
Is there a forum on here with a bunch of links to Best Buy footage? I haven't been able to find it, and looking it up on google, I've only found about 3 videos. I thought someone would put together a list of videos by now.

Platsy

Smash Mouth
NNID
Cyani-Oxide
I'll be there tomorrow at the Lakeland FL Best Buy at around 2. Look for a guy with dark brown short hair and a black jacket. Ask for Oxide.

Last edited:

황미영

Smash Champion
I'm going to the one in Daytona most likely. If I see more post of others who are going, I'll probably approach you.

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
After hearing about the 3 hour waits, I don't think I'm going to the one in Culver City tomorrow :/. Hour drive + 3 hours waiting for 4 minutes of gameplay = not worth it to me

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
It's sad knowing that Nintendo won't offer the demos on the eShop, but considering the very isolated reports of Mario Kart 8 having a system bricking bug, I can probably see why Nintendo would be reluctant to offer downloadable demos for their games.

smashbroskilla

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5086-2745-2582
I'll be at best buy in the afternoon at Palm Beach Lakes BLVD in west palm Florida tomorrow. Don't be afraid to say hello. I'll have a tank top on with black ink on both arms.

TheZapp

Smash Journeyman
Anyone living in montreal going tomorrow? to be honest I don't think anyone from Montreal plays Super smash so I'm not expecting many people

infomon

Smash Scientist
Anyone living in montreal going tomorrow? to be honest I don't think anyone from Montreal plays Super smash so I'm not expecting many people
hahahahahahahahahahahahaaha

I hope you're joking

dude Montreal has a huuuuuge smash scene. That's Ally's home turf yo, there's a ton of great smashers in Montreal. Super chill scene too

You should look up their forum and join some smashfests!

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I'm sorry to report that I've been had. It turns out that neither one of my nearest Best Buy locations were doing the Smash-Fest event, contrary to my location findings.

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
I'm sorry to report that I've been had. It turns out that neither one of my nearest Best Buy locations were doing the Smash-Fest event, contrary to my location findings.
Bummer :(

That was why I was asking if anyone had confirmed whether or not my store was doing it, I didn't trust the website. (They are doing it)

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Bummer :(

That was why I was asking if anyone had confirmed whether or not my store was doing it, I didn't trust the website. (They are doing it)
The irony is that one of the websites that I checked stated that one of my Best Buys would be participating, but I guess the statement below would make you have to think twice.

Store exclusions are subject to change without notice. Please visit a participating Best Buy store for complete details.

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
Alrighty then.

I got in twice (I waited in line once, then I used my special wristband that took me to the very front of the line :troll:)
My characters of choice were Wii Fit Trainer, Mario and Yoshi (3DS)

Wii Fit Trainer was pretty much like I hoped: a balanced character, with somewhat weak strength. That weak strength can be fixed with some Deep Breathing. The Sun Shot (Forget the name) is one of the Trainers best moves, since it has power and range, and it delivers quite a blow when used after a Deep Breath; I actually managed to get a kill off of it. The side special is also very powerful, but its hard to aim, so I didnt use it much. Its up special, the Hula-Hoops, gains some nice vertical air, but its hitboxes seem to be located on the sides of the Trainer. The Wii Fit Trainers attacks seem to cover most its body, so its in pretty good shape. Also, the Deep Breathing isnt letting you off easy; you actually have to time your breathing, or you will grow tired, and can be punished for doing so. I got second, due to Greninja being faster than me in a Sudden Death.

This battle was fought in the Boxing Ring, and I liked it too much. The lights can prove to be really useful, as they delivered one of my KOs, and then they eventually comeback for some more damage. Battlefield is Battlefield, with some cool music.

Mario was almost the same as his Brawl counterpart. However, it seems that some of his attacks have some more range. I also got second, due to Mac's One Hit KO Punch. Also, the Jetpack is one of the greatest items in Smash history. Its extremely fun to use.

Yoshi was great. His Egg Roll has been sped up and he has more control over it. The Egg Shot seems to do more damage than Brawl. However, it seems as if his tongue has been somewhat shortened, by a small bit. His attacks flow smoother than in Brawl.

Smash Run was a great experience. The enemies are pretty tough, so its not always a cake-walk. It can take up to 5 hits to KO an enemy, and they always end up swarming you. According to my friends, Little Mac delivered OHKO's every time they fought the Smash Run enemies. I entered a room, and I was instantly playing a Break the Targets game. Once I finished, the room delivered a small chest filled with some goodies. I managed to roam around for a good chunk, dying once due to a Metroid that wouldnt release me, and then this giant monster with megaton spikes delivering the final blow, which decreased the stats that I had managed to collect. Also, the extra powers you get are awesome. I used the Horizontal Laser like there was no tomorrow. Once the 5 mins are up, you get to play your match as promised. I played two different Smashes: Regular Smash and Easy Launch Smash, both of which are very entertaining. The NintenDogs Living Room is an amazing stage, due to its ever changing scenario. I didnt enjoy the Prism Tower as much though.

After that, I got some goodies. You get two stickers for each time you play and then something extra of your choice. I got a Smash Pin (Got dat sexy Smash logo on it) and some Super Mario 3D World Cat Ears. I cosplayed as Mario the 2nd time I went, to represent my main.

Last edited:
Top Bottom