• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - E3 Invitational 2014 Smashboarders unite! (Come and check who you can meet at your local best buy!)

Xiao-Xiao

Smash Journeyman
[I'm ote="Eternal phoenix Fire, post: 16811720, member: 39777"]I'm going to the Best Buy in culver city.

Forum name: Eternal phoenix Fire

What I'll be wearing? Uh. Probably some colorful ****. I'm 6'1 black with dreadlocks to my shoulder.

Thanks for organizing this Raykz[/quote]
Im going with this guy lol

wafflini

Smash Apprentice
Smashboards Nickname: Wafflini
First/Preferred Name: Horseman
Date(s) & Time(s): 14th 12-5+

Ill have a grey bag with a red anime figure weilding a sword. It reads Berserk in large white letters. I also have long curly blonde hair.

swervenights

Smash Rookie
You going on weds or saturday? I'll be there Sat afternoon. I just look like a boring white guy, average height, half pale, but I'll probably be wearing an Avengers t shirt or something :'( but I'm sure I'll recognize you with that description haha
Ill be there too! Im hella short lolol

liets

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2852-9552-5494
Hmmm my options for a ride to Maple Grove are running thin... (shut up I know I'm changing my mind a lot)
I must try harder if I wish to play smash bros early!!!

Layupfreak

Smash Ace
Smashboards Nickname: mygamecube
First/Preferred Name: Somonte/Coop
Date(s) & Time(s): Both events (June 11, 14) will be there pretty much all evening/afternoon

Hometown: Detroit
# of people in party: Me for sure, possibly 2 to 3 others
Transportation: I'll be driving there
Note: I'll have a black Dry Bones hat on with a blue visor. Easily the most recognizable feature I'll have on me.

Hope to see others there who are willing to go.
is Southfield close to 8 Mile?

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
So, I just bought a 40 bucks 720p, 60 fps camera. It comes with a helmet mount apparently. I am planning to take the camera and laptop to E3. I will see if there is any way to connect my laptop to some power outlet and the camera to my PC and just instantly stream video from the E3 booth. That probably won't work out, but at the very least I can get up to 1 hour of play time on the camera's battery. That would mean at the very least 1 hour of playtime per day which would be a total of 4 hours (Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday) at the very least. :)

Also I'd like to ask permission to a Mod to sticky this thread if that is possible. Also I will be making a "Video Compilation" thread where I will post all the videos I record and a "My impressions of the game" thread which will have a detailed summary of everything I learn from playing the demo. Should I make those separate threads or just one thread? Should I make the threads in the E3 subsection or in the general subsection (Since the threads are actually about the game itself and not E3 I would guess on general). Is it possible to get them stickied once E3 starts and I actually post things on it?

Last edited:

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
So, I just bought a 40 bucks 720p, 60 fps camera. It comes with a helmet mount apparently. I am planning to take the camera and laptop to E3. I will see if there is any way to connect my laptop to some power outlet and the camera to my PC and just instantly stream video from the E3 booth. That probably won't work out, but at the very least I can get up to 1 hour of play time on the camera's battery. That would mean at the very least 1 hour of playtime per day which would be a total of 4 hours (Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday) at the very least. :)

Also I'd like to ask permission to a Mod to sticky this thread if that is possible. Also I will be making a "Video Compilation" thread where I will post all the videos I record and a "My impressions of the game" thread which will have a detailed summary of everything I learn from playing the demo. Should I make those separate threads or just one thread? Should I make the threads in the E3 subsection or in the general subsection (Since the threads are actually about the game itself and not E3 I would guess on general). Is it possible to get them stickied once E3 starts and I actually post things on it?
Videos and impressions should probably go in the same thread. The boards get clogged up rather easily as it is. At least, if you mean your own personal observations. If you're trying to set up a mega-thread for all the attendees to share their videos and impressions... Well, don't do that. Alax already has his own thread, and there aren't too many other people going. Just make a "Raykz" thread :)

Last edited:

ahannoush4

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Drazzle
ahannoush4
Andre

Best Buy Marlboro, MA on Wed June 11th 4pm - ??
probably in my work clothes which consist of a polo and dress shorts

Best Buy West Hartford, CT on Sat June 14th 12pm - ??
(Under armor athletic clothes usually)

I'm the dude on the right
UNFORTUNATELY I WON'T HAVE WINE WITH ME :(

Last edited:

supercopper64

Smash Ace
NNID
CaptainOfWar
3DS FC
1650-2938-3501
I JUST REMEMBERED!! I have a question, I have to drive almost 3 hours to smash fest and I would like to pre-order the game, so do I have to 3 hours AGAIN to pick up the game on release??? Or if there is a solution please tell me!

ahannoush4

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Drazzle
I JUST REMEMBERED!! I have a question, I have to drive almost 3 hours to smash fest and I would like to pre-order the game, so do I have to 3 hours AGAIN to pick up the game on release??? Or if there is a solution please tell me!
I would just cancel the preorder next time you're in the area and get the game from a store closer to you. That's what I'll be doing!

Last edited:

obeymalleo

Smash Ace
NNID
obeymalleo
3DS FC
2595-2443-7489
Smashboards Handle: Mr.Seven
First/Preferred Name: Gage
Date(s) & Time(s): Wednesday for the entire event. Might even arrive slightly earlier.

Hometown: Gray, Louisiana
# of people in party: Possibly two others (two friends of mine)
Transportation: most likely carpooling with my friends.

Notes: I almost always carry my laptop case with me wherever I go. I also wear glasses. :p
I'm going to be seeing you then; I will see a Smashboards user for the first time :b:.
Smashboards Name: obeymalleo
First/Preferred Name: Josh
Date(s) & Time(s): Wednesday for a substantial amount of time. I'll be there early.
Transportation: A parent is bringing me.
*Note: My brother may come if he can. Also, I'll wear a blue shirt, so you'll see me if you are going to the West Bank in Louisiana.

Last edited:

VhatDeHel

Smash Apprentice
Hi all. I'm the guy who made this video for the People's Challenger Contest: http://instagram.com/p/ogeMhYGo0h/

Just saying that in case someone recognizes me. I'll be trying to go to the Best Buy in Gaithersburg, MD, with some friends on the 11th and 14th. Feel free to say hi/introduce yourself/talk with me and whatnot if you want to. My tag is Vhat/VhatDeHel, but I prefer that people call me by my name, which is Yari. Would be cool to see some of you there!

aliensalmon

Smash Apprentice
NNID
aliensalmon
3DS FC
1204-0174-6540
Hi all. I'm the guy who made this video for the People's Challenger Contest: http://instagram.com/p/ogeMhYGo0h/

Just saying that in case someone recognizes me. I'll be trying to go to the Best Buy in Gaithersburg, MD, with some friends on the 11th and 14th. Feel free to say hi/introduce yourself/talk with me and whatnot if you want to. My tag is Vhat/VhatDeHel, but I prefer that people call me by my name, which is Yari. Would be cool to see some of you there!
Congrats on winning the contest, dude!

aliensalmon

Smash Apprentice
NNID
aliensalmon
3DS FC
1204-0174-6540
Hm, did I link to the wrong video or are you joking? I appreciate the sentiments but I wasn't the one who won the contest haha, I wish.
Sorry, I misread your post. It would be cool if you had won, though!

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
Hmm, I didn't seem to get added to the OP; I'm going to be at the one in Overland Park, KS on both days (and a few of my friends will probably show up too). It looks like Wednesday I'll have company from at least one other smashboarder.

EDIT: Oh, you added all this stuff to the OP after I posted (I was on the first page):

Smashboards Nickname: Amazing Ampharos
First/Preferred Name: Let's go with "AA"
Date(s) & Time(s): Both days, the whole time

Last edited:

domriver

Smash Lord
Debating still but i might go to the Citrus Heights Best Buy. Its the closest one. Apparently Stockton's Best Buy * doesn't qualify* according to Best Buy employees. So Citrus Heights is the next one closest to me. If I do ill be taking my brothers with me. :)

Mr.Seven

Smash Journeyman
NNID
The_FPG
Oh, wait a minute... I'm marching in parades both days... well then... curse you, marching band!!!
You can always "call in sick" for at least one of those days. Do some classic hooky. Like seriously, what difference will one absent [insert instrument of choice] make?

Last edited:

xbit

Smash Rookie
Smashboards Nickname: Xbit
First/Preferred Name: Mike
Date(s) & Time(s): 14th 4-6
Note: Black hoodie, red zipper.

Gotta travel an hour but i gotta drown the hype.

patrickthekid

Smash Cadet
Smashboards Nickname: patrickthekid
Preferred name: Patrick
Dates/Times 14th

liets

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2852-9552-5494
You can always "call in sick" for at least one of those days. Do some classic hooky. Like seriously, what difference will one absent [insert instrument of choice] make?
Well, I am the only low base (sousaphone) so I kinda need to be there to make it sound good :p

SevenYearItch

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3969-6079-3846
Smashboards Nickname: SevenYearItch
First/Preferred Name: Taylor or my tag
Date(s) & Time(s): Probably the 14th from 5 till they get rid of me

PM me if you're going to the same one, would be fun to talk to some other smashers from here

Gazdakka Gizbang

Smash Apprentice
Debating still but i might go to the Citrus Heights Best Buy. Its the closest one. Apparently Stockton's Best Buy * doesn't qualify* according to Best Buy employees. So Citrus Heights is the next one closest to me. If I do ill be taking my brothers with me. :)
Well, I haven't played Smash in a few years, so I'm rusty as crap. Still, glad to have you on board if you show up! :)

mygamecube

Smash Lord
NNID
mygamecube
3DS FC
4596-9526-5701
Looks like I'll be going solo in terms of who I can meet from the boards. Not many Smashboard users in Michigan eh?

Top Bottom