• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashalot! 8/18/07 San Antonio Tournament

Nox-Hitmen

Smash Rookie
I've gone to 6 of these and excluding last months (2 tourneys at once, so only 6 people showed) and the one with the moast circuit (36 people?) the rest ranged from 15-20 people. Since this will be the last one at Gamelot Im gonna assume about 20-25 people showing up. Hope that answered your question.

well yea... thank you..
we are hoping to play with really good players...

forkgirl

Smash Lord
lol what are you talking about wombat?!

xelic, smiles, mrC, fear...they are all great players!!!

dont worry nox-hitman....you'll play some really good people.

uglywombat2004

Smash Lord
r they all going?
Robbie rarely goes to the gamelots, and fear only goes with him.
The only for sure is smiles.

I used to be good TT.TT

Xelic

Smash Ace
Yeah, I already made plans like 4 months ago to go to the beach that day. Strange, huh?

So I won't be there. Sorry to anyone who wanted my autograph. =/

*Parachutes away*

forkgirl

Smash Lord
:( to xelic not being there. If i get pulled over, who will explain to the cop that we weren't screaming at him and that we were just excited to find Cici's?!?

but i guess this means Smiles FTW! :) yay

oooh i hope there's teams!! :D :D :D :D Smiles we team so much, we really should get a team name.

i'm excited!!

G@BE

Smash Lord
Felix....

I know it may sound kinda stupid. But maybe you should just start putting SmashAlot Monthlies in your title for your thread. Cuz it just kinda steals attention away from other stuff that could possibly be big maybe....

Xelic

Smash Ace
LOLOL, sorry but that was awesome.

Gabe: Felix, this might sound dumb, but could you maybe not make this seem like a REAL tournament? It might deter people from holding a good one.

Lawllll! <3

G@BE

Smash Lord
lol

good game Peachy mc peach

but I want to get Something big around the Houston area going. And with these happening every month people from Austin and SA and CC... sometimes Dallas go to the Monthlies witch then they would not want to make the trip to Houston for a Tournament

way to be a meany head Xelic :(

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
lol

good game Peachy mc peach

but I want to get Something big around the Houston area going. And with these happening every month people from Austin and SA and CC... sometimes DoH and Bluezaft go to the Monthlies which then they also make the trip to Houston for a Tournament when there's a big enough reason to.

way to be a meany head Xelic :(
Fix'd

Seriously.

G@BE

Smash Lord
i believe that was a one time thing (so far)

We cancel half the ones we do becuase some people end up making tournaments that happen sooner and that leads to where we cant hold any cuz no one will come to a tourny a week after the last one.

Wont be as big is what i mean.

thereaperX

Smash Cadet
G@BE please realize that nobody cares about going to a houston tournament because there are only like 2 good people in houston.

Number of non-Houston texas smashers that care about going to a houston tournament: 0

there's no sense in travelling far away for a tournament when there are better smashers in the dallas/austin/SA/CC region.

bluezaft

The True Zaft
So if someone doesn't get out in the 1st 4 rounds, does he still have to pay $5 for a tournament he won't be entering?

And how much does the store take from the pot?

Gamelot

Smash Rookie
Answers from Gamelot

Hello everyone !!

Latest arcade games: Spawn, Area 51, Tekken tag, Multicade (48 games in one cabinet)

So if someone doesn't get out in the 1st 4 rounds, does he still have to pay $5 for a tournament he won't be entering?

And how much does the store take from the pot?
A: The $15 for the day includes all three tournaments. This guarantees the 60/25/15 prize split for all three tournaments.

A: The store is not keeping a % of the pot.

Hmm I guess I should go since this is the last gamelot tourney. Someone has to play me virtual on though!
A: This is not the last SMASH tournament at Gamelot. This is the last tournament Felix is organizing. This is also going to be a party for Felix's going away to college... and a BIG thanks to him for everything he has done ! :p

Galt

Smash Journeyman
Latest arcade games: Spawn, Area 51, Tekken tag, Multicade (48 games in one cabinet)
Does Multicade happen to include Bust-a-Move, aka Puzzle Bobble in Japan? Because that would be good. BaM 2, in particular.

Not that I'll be there tomorrow or anything, but in the future...

Gamelot

Smash Rookie
Cookies? Brownies??

There will be a Huge cake for Felix...... I hope he will share it with the rest of ya! :laugh:

Gamecubes, controllers, smash brothers game: $10.00 off the next Smash tournament for the first ten players that bring their system, controllers and game for this event.

Thanks again to everyone for supporting our events here in San Antonio !!!! :grin:

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I wont be there >_>..I havent even been playing smash latly heh. I suck more then usual >_>.

Gamelot

Smash Rookie
Howdy!!

Who runs the Gamelot account? Cliff? Felix? or maybe Paul?

Paul doesn't come around anymore.... school I think. Felix (Ryan) won't be organizing events while he is in college (Austin). Cliff ( me :) ) will be posting events for Gamelot.
I will do my best to schedule events players would like to have.

uglywombat2004

Smash Lord
I'm not.
But it's ok, because MVP was the only person who was depending on me.
But then, he really wasn't.
So it's all good.

bluezaft

The True Zaft
So is this tournament over? I want to know how the...unusual...format panned out. Oh, and in keeping with the pattern we've got going: I didn't go to this.

Gamelot

Smash Rookie
Here are the results of the first FFA:

1st place: FEAR
2nd place: Save the Queen
3rd place: Mr. C

Thanks to everyone that showed up. I hope ya'll enjoyed the Cake! :chuckle:

results for the 2nd FFA to be posted soon.

Gamelot

Smash Rookie
Here are the results of the second FFA:

1st place: REQI
2nd place: MVP
3rd place: NIKE20

TEAMS finals to be posted soon.

Top Bottom