• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashalot 6: 6/23/07 San Antonio Tournament

Felix15c

Smash Journeyman
7007 Bandera Rd
San Antonio, TX
On Bandera and Huebner on the corner with the Church's Chicken.[/COLOR]

Registration and Schedule
Singles
$15

Teams
$10 per person

Upon registration of any tournament you will receive a wrist band that you must wear. All people with a wrist band will also receive a discount on the arcade prices. Instead of 6 tokens for a dollar you will receive 10 tokens for a dollar.

1:00 Registration Begins
3:00 Smash Singles Tournament

The teams tournament will start soon after the completion of the singles.

Tournament Rules

Singles
Double Elimination
Matches will be best 2 of 3.
Random stages are Final Destination, Battlefield, Fountain of Dreams, Pokemon Stadium, Kirby 64, Yoshi’s Story
Banned stages are Yoshi's Island (Pipes), Fourside, Hyrule Temple, Flatzone, Brinstar Depths, Icicle Mountain, Big Blue, Mushroom Kingdom 1, Venom, Yoshi's Island 64, Peach's Castle, and Kongo Jungle, Onett, Great Bay and Mushroom Kingdom 2.
No items.
7 minute time limit.
4 stock.
At the beginning of a match players can opt for a double blind pick.
After a game the loser picks the stage, the winner decides what character he will play and then the loser will pick their character and the game will begin.
Tactics such as Jigglypuff's rising pound, Peach's wall bombing, and Ice Climbers wobbling (above %200) are banned when used to excessively stall a match.

Doubles

Same as singles, except Fountain of Dreams is banned and Rainbow Ride is added to random stages.

Gamelot has 9 TV's available for use for this tournament. But not so many Gamecubes. To run a smooth tournament please bring Gamecubes.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
First post woot >_>.

I will be there probably.

RCMM anyone?

Galt

Smash Journeyman
I might possibly decide to synchronize my trip to San Antonio with this tournament, but only if I can count on lots of people to go. CC + my Austin boiz + others. In the past, we've been burned a bit by very low turnout at Gamelot tournaments, despite the high quality of the venue, so I want to make sure that doesn't happen again.

Elsewise, I'll probably wait until sometime in July. SA is 6-7 hours away, and I don't really look forward to that trip.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Where are you leaving from?...Not austin I assume.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
What's a felguard?

forkgirl

Smash Lord
I might possibly decide to synchronize my trip to San Antonio with this tournament, but only if I can count on lots of people to go. CC + my Austin boiz + others. In the past, we've been burned a bit by very low turnout at Gamelot tournaments, despite the high quality of the venue, so I want to make sure that doesn't happen again.

Elsewise, I'll probably wait until sometime in July. SA is 6-7 hours away, and I don't really look forward to that trip.
johns.....

Galt

Smash Journeyman
I'm in Marshall, a small town in northeast Texas. We have no major cities nearby, which is often problematic. Dallas is the closest (in Texas; Shreveport, Louisiana is only 45 minutes away), I think, then Houston.

Also, why must Taylor always label all my statements as johns? Can't you see how hard I work to be this witty? Can't you see what an effort it is for me to deign to speak to you all? Don't you know how reluctant I am to immerse myself in the unwashed masses of Smashers at tournaments? Don't you know how hard it will be to avoid being ***** when I stay at Jordan's place (and that's just worrying about his sister...)?

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I saw we ban all the characters except kirby and then make sure KKK doesn't come.

C'mon.

cHaNg-sTa

BRoomer
BRoomer
You can only ban Falco's lasers. They're essentially a character in itself! Falco with no lasers is like a fat kid with no cake. They're both very sad pandas.

theFiend123

Smash Cadet
I saw we ban all the characters except kirby and then make sure KKK doesn't come.

C'mon.
lol that would be a clever way of ensuring that chang or jf win the tournament.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
lol that would be a clever way of ensuring that chang or jf win the tournament.
Naww KKK would probably come anyways and slap all of us for thinking we can play kirby.

reqy

Smash Journeyman
Samus uses Crouch Cancel.
Peach uses Down Smash.
Critical hit! ( 89% damage )
The Sandstorm rages on !

Samus uses Charge Blast!
Peach is hit by the blast ! ( 26% damage )
Peach uses Forward Smash.
A pan came out!
Peach's Forward Smash missed.
The Sandstorm lets up.

reqy withdraws Samus !
reqy sent out....

GALLADE FOR BRAWL!

forkgirl

Smash Lord
ummm...I left my gamecube at the last gamelot tournament. I got the gamecube back, but one of the wires is missing...the one that plugs the gamecube into the TV...it has red, yellow, and white...did anyone get one by mistake??? :( i cant play smash without it :( :( :(

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
JF, if you go to this one, I wanna play you in a DK ditto.

Yes.

JesusFreak

Smash Hero
LOL, so 1st you start playing crown puff, and now you play DK too? I'm flattered. :p sure, we can ditto. DK dittos are dumb, but still kinda fun. I hope I can play you again in tourney tho. I think I can get revenge this time. :)

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Anyone want to Random Character 1$ 3/5 MM can't get the same character and random stage every time?

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
LOL, so 1st you start playing crown puff, and now you play DK too? I'm flattered. :p sure, we can ditto. DK dittos are dumb, but still kinda fun. I hope I can play you again in tourney tho. I think I can get revenge this time. :)
Crown jiggly? Its all about the red flower.

Meh.

artarian

Smash Journeyman
i dont even play Jiggly and i know that it is aaaaaaaaaaaalllllllllllll about the green ninja head band thingy. puuuleeeeeeeeaze.

SideEffect001

Smash Lord
How many ppl are you expecting to show up to this thing?

I may take a bus over here the night before but i would need housing... ill prolly bring one person with more or something... dont wanna travel alone... it should be fun... i need some excitement in my life right now...

Top Bottom