• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SMASHALOT 5: 5/19/07 [MOAST Circuit]

Felix15c

Smash Journeyman
Following the successful Do a Barrel Roll! 3 I'ld like to introduce the second stop on the MOAST Circuit, SMASHALOT 5.

7007 Bandera Rd
San Antonio, TX
On Bandera and Huebner on the corner with the Church's Chicken.

Registration and Schedule
Singles
$15

Teams
$10 per person

Upon registration of any tournament you will receive a wrist band that you must wear. All people with a wrist band will also receive a discount on the arcade prices. Instead of 6 tokens for a dollar you will receive 10 tokens for a dollar.

12:30 Registration Begins
3:00 Smash Singles Tournament
(After this times are subject to change depending on when the singles tournament ends)
7:00 Smash Team Tournament
8:00 DDR Tournament

DDR Tournament

$10 entry
1 vs 1 matches.
Perfect attack, meaning the match goes to the person with the most perfects. If they both match then it goes by the number of greats.
No mods besides speed are allowed.
Matchs are best 2 out of 3. First song chosen at random, then the song is chosen by the loser.
Semi-Finals songs (besides the random one) have to be 8 feet or higher.
Finals songs (besides the random one) have to be at least 9-10 feet.

Tournament Rules

Singles
Double Elimination
Matches will be best 2 of 3.
Random stages are Final Destination, Battlefield, Fountain of Dreams, Pokemon Stadium, Kirby 64, Yoshi’s Story
Banned stages are Yoshi's Island (Pipes), Fourside, Hyrule Temple, Flatzone, Brinstar Depths, Icicle Mountain, Big Blue, Mushroom Kingdom 1, Venom, Yoshi's Island 64, Peach's Castle, and Kongo Jungle, Onett, Great Bay and Mushroom Kingdom 2.
No items.
7 minute time limit.
4 stock.
At the beginning of a match players can opt for a double blind pick.
After a game the loser picks the stage, the winner decides what character he will play and then the loser will pick their character and the game will begin.

Doubles
Same as singles, except Fountain of Dreams is banned and Rainbow Ride is added to random stages.

Tactics such as Jigglypuff's rising pound, Peach's wall bombing, and Ice Climbers wobbling (above %200) are banned when used to excessively stall a match.

Gamelot has 9 TV's available for use for this tournament. But not so many Gamecubes. To run a smooth tournament please bring any TV's and especially Gamecubes if you can.

uglywombat2004

Smash Lord
I'm not Scav and I apply this message.

Also Felix, where do you live? I want my FF12 back. I'll pay you pack that $5 to.

G@BE

Smash Lord
Awesome
Another MOAST it is. Maybe i can finally get my cube back that Sethlon left over there...

Do you still have it Felix?

BeArR

Smash Journeyman
WELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL MY CAR IS GETTING FIXED *happy dance* Yes yes yes. So I SHOULD be able to make this, felix count me in unless something unexpected happens. Is there any san antonio people that can house me?

G@BE

Smash Lord
Housing would be nice considering that its hell for whoever is driving to do all that...

Thats even if i can go with bear... if he lets me and such

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I will definitly be coming to this!!! I look forward to playing everyone! Should be very fun. And I promise not to dissapoint this time ^_^!

I AM ENTERING DDR!!! Lol. I have entered 3 DDR tournaments before and got 1st in every one including one which had over 40 people ^_^. I haven't played in over a year though so I'm sure I am rusty as ****.

And someone bring a camera!!!! PLEASE!

IsmashedYOURmom

Smash Apprentice
Yea, not sure if I can make it.

It'd be my first tournament for sure though. In which case I have a newbish question.

Being a tennis player, when one enters a pro tournament, you're gauranteed to get some money. If it's a low level tournament, and you lose first round, you probably won't make a profit, inf act you I know you wouldn't. Let's say you pay 15 bucks to get in, and lose first round but you get 7 bucks. Still down 8 dollars. So what I'm asking is:

Do you get money for losing in a semi-final, or any round for that matter?

majoras.

Smash Journeyman
1 2 3 place gets money, usually,
also ill see if i can make this one ^.^

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Majoras! Come! I want to team with you if I don't team with Zev...Zev comes first though lol.

Felix15c

Smash Journeyman
Gabe, yes we still have the Gamecube.

Wombat, I live about 10 min. away from gamelot, off of Tezel.

We've held 4 smash tournaments and a variety of other tournaments and i'm pretty sure the TV's aren't laggy. But I sometimes bring an HDTV with a Wii and component cables, some people complain about lag, some don't. So it'll be set to free play the entire day.

majoras.

Smash Journeyman
lol, yes, well do our 1000 taunts in one minute thingy like at evo ^.^

0firefly0

Smash Rookie
Yea, not sure if I can make it.

It'd be my first tournament for sure though. In which case I have a newbish question.

Being a tennis player, when one enters a pro tournament, you're gauranteed to get some money. If it's a low level tournament, and you lose first round, you probably won't make a profit, inf act you I know you wouldn't. Let's say you pay 15 bucks to get in, and lose first round but you get 7 bucks. Still down 8 dollars. So what I'm asking is:

Do you get money for losing in a semi-final, or any round for that matter?
Only first, second, and third get any money. I've personally never liked this system. Basically, if you go to a tournament, you're almost gauranteed to lose all your money. That'd be fine if we weren't paying so **** much to register.

$15 dollars is a lot of money when we're basically just paying a group of the same four or five guys to show up to the tourney. Most of us don't have a chance in hell of beating Wobbles and just want to go to have fun. If fifty people show up to this, that's a freakin' $750 pot. I just don't see the logic in handing all that money to three people.

I'm not saying EVERYONE should get money; but when you think about it, it doesn't matter if the entry fee is $1 or $20. Either way, 95% of us will lose our money. You could argue that with a smaller pot it wouldn't be worth it for the top players to show up since there's less money for them to gain... but the rest of us are showing up not only knowing that we won't win money, but willingly GIVING our cash to the top players.

This is just a rant.. I guess I could just show up for friendlies; but that still doesn't have that same feel.

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
That's what tournaments are all about, giving your money to people who are better than you. This is the spirit of capitalism people.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Hm, DoH, did I ever play against you?

Sorry for the off-topicness, but it's been bugging me.

RoKnTexas

Smash Rookie
BIOTCHES! ROK NEEDS A RIDE FOR THIS GOD **** TOURNAMENT FROM DALLAS! I need to show off the eliteness of my Roy/Marth/Falco/ Etc. etc. (I've diversed, Roy still the main though, he counters all, but I felt as playing him it wouldn't be fair to top players since they're helpless against his omnipotentence. ) SO IF YOU CAN GIVE ME A RIDE LET ME KNOW! I WOULD APPRECIATE GREATTTTTTLY!

Xelic

Smash Ace
LOLZ, since this is a short drive from Austin, Wes should be in attendance. No double Peach this time roooofflfllzlelzlzl.

Also, LOLOL@the guy whining about not getting money. Why should people who are bad at this game get money? Isn't that the point of the tournament? Good players are rewarded for their hard work and the bad players get to practice and gain a lot of experience. They might even level up and evolve.

Anyway, if you want money, stop sucking. I've learned from experience that it DOES in fact work. Also, try to make sure Wes doesn't go to a tourney. That works out even better.

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
He does have a point though, which is that until you get really good, it can often be a serious drain on funds to keep going to tournaments to get better. That turns into quite a vicious circle and is pretty detrimental to people who want to improve.

Although, Krazy Kirby Kid was wise enough to point out to me that a lot of improvement is based on thinking about your game and consciously implementing changes. It's not just about playing against the good players (although that helps).

So, like Xelic said... if you like winning, get better ^_^

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I remember that match lol. *Xelic rolls. Puff rests Xelic. DoH tells Xelic not to roll* XD

And DoH if you get desperate then I will team with you lol. Peach fox owns >_>.

TGM

Smash Lord
I main samus now guys. getting cavemans samus to 1 stock at high percent was a sign from above. marth is my 2nd now. i will test out me samus main at this tourney.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I main samus now guys. getting cavemans samus to 1 stock at high percent was a sign from above. marth is my 2nd now. i will test out me samus main at this tourney.

Awesome. Your samus is probably better then mine now considering I haven't played samus in awhile. I have been playing only kirby and IC's since DABR3 >_>. That tournament destroyed my hope for my mains. I still practice fox for peach though >_>....

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
You still need to play Reqy. He has a VERY good samus. Pray you don't get poke stadium vs him >_>.

TGM

Smash Lord
thats my fav samus stage. and i doubt hes gonna be TOO hard. after all, im the 2nd best samus. where does that guy live? maybe i can play him sum time.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
He lives in Austin..He plays with Wes,Xelic and them on fridays and he is very good with missles. His samus is better then mine >_>. Or it was when I played him anyways.

Broly

Smash Lord
majoras played caveman a samus ditto set and took him to last stock all matches and beat him once, so yeah i think that if we go well see whos 2nd best. majoras FTW

Top Bottom