• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashalot 2: The Sequel! 2/17/06 San Antonio Tournaments

Felix15c

Smash Journeyman
What better way to end a successful tournament then by following it up with another: a sequel! Dundunduuun!!!

Top 6 Prize*
$120
$90
$55
$55
$30
$30

*Based on participation of 32. I was a bit too optimistic on the last one. This figure is more reasonable.

Registration

$15 entry fee
Registration and free play begins at 10 a.m and the tournament will start at 3 p.m. Each registrant will receive 6 tokens for the arcade (there's DDR!!!) at registration and will be able to get tokens at the reduced price of 10 for a $1 for the rest of the day.

Gamelot
7007 Bandera Rd
San Antonio, TX
On Bandera and Huebner on the corner with the Church's Chicken.

Bring your own controller

Tournament Rules

Double Elimination
Matches will be best 2 of 3.
Random stages are Final Destination, Battlefield, Fountain of Dreams, Pokemon Stadium, Kirby 64, Yoshi’s Story
Banned stages are Yoshi's Island (Pipes), Fourside, Hyrule Temple, Flatzone, Brinstar Depths, Icicle Mountain, Big Blue, Mushroom Kingdom 1, Venom, Yoshi's Island 64, Peach's Castle, and Kongo Jungle, Onett, Great Bay and Mushroom Kingdom 2.
No items.
7 minute time limit.
4 stock.
At the beginning of a match players can opt for a double blind pick.
After a game the loser picks the stage, the winner decides what character he will play and then the loser will pick their character and the game will begin.

A teams tournament will be held after singles.

As always, please bring TVs and consoles.

ryan_nill@hotmail.com (for those who still don’t know my name) or pm me.
To contact the staff at Gamelot go to their webpage or call at 210.684.0101

If your interested in our past tournaments see here

Felix15c

Smash Journeyman
The arcade is free when you enter the tourney. We actually had it at the last tourney, but we kinda messed up in the implementation of it. This time you'll get some tokens when you register and you can get more whenever you want.

The arcade isn't normally free. Its 6 tokens for a dollar. And its a retro arcade. Don't expect any modern state of the art stuff. What He does have is old school stuff like space invaders, pacman, street fighter 2 and stuff. Every game only cost 1 token.

uglywombat2004

Smash Lord
Yeah, more people should come to the next monthly of this.

Its very large. Felix, remind me to bring TVs. PM me on the 16th or sumthin. lolz

reqy

Smash Journeyman
I most likely won't be participating in this one. I don't know how crazy school is going to be for this semester. I'm just glad the first smashalot tourney and JM's tourney are early in the semester.

forkgirl

Smash Lord
even though I like the idea of 8 people getting money, $100 is kind of low for 1st place. Rob$ and caveman actually lost money coming to the last tournament...gas money and whatnot.

Mr.C

Smash Master
top 4 -5 should get prizes if your going to do outside of 3

8 is wayyyy to much lol thats putang

Felix15c

Smash Journeyman
Thanks for the info Forkgirl, I'll rearrange the prizes some and post them at a later date. Not sure exactly what right now, but we have a month. Pretty much I think i'll cut the last 2 positions and change the distribution some, and hopefully that will be satisfactory for everyone.

Also, I talked to the guys over at Gamelot and we're thinking about turning these monthlies into a league. Thoughts, ideas, and suggestions would be great.

Felix15c

Smash Journeyman
Pretty much we'll take the results from all the tournaments we hold, make up a formula to figure out how to mush all the results together and have a semiaccurate standings of the people who attended, then at the end of the league we'll prolly hold some special free event that you have to be invited to (likely based on those standings) and win money. But exactly how its all gonna work, and what we're going to do hasn't been decided so i'm looking for people's reactions and ideas.

EDIT: A real world example would be the National Football League. AKA the NFL. And our special event would be kinda like the superbowl.

JesusFreak

Smash Hero
Hehe, I'm glad you thought so. :p

I figured Chris should be on the receiving end of a smart remark for one. :chuckle: (I like to make them too.)

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
That sounds like a good idea. I'm up for whatever, so long as I have fun playing smash.

zaft, I need to play you with my Jiggs, like, soon.

Felix15c

Smash Journeyman
I'm gonna go ahead and guess that pretty much everybody agrees with puffball on the league idea. So I'm gonna go ahead and give you my rough idea on what exactly is gonna happen.

Points work like this
4 for first place
3 for the the rest of the prize paying positions
2 for everyone who finished in the top half
1 for everyone else

At the end of the year the top 16 get to play in a swiss tournament that consists of 3 team matches, 3 low tier matches, and 3 regular matches. The winner will get some undetermined as of yet prize.

Felix15c

Smash Journeyman
I know JF, its sad, but we're gonna count the tournament on Jan 20th and Feb. 17 for league purposes. But if you can come to the rest of them I think you stand a good chance at getting into the top 16.

JesusFreak

Smash Hero
Yea, I'll do my best to be there, and repeat my performance this past weekend, if not better it. I need money to fix my car. :crying:

Shiro Kageryu

Smash Journeyman
not sure if i'll be entering any events due to being BROKE like the half mexican that i am. but uh....yeah I'll help you out Felix like always d^^ hopefully if I can get my video program working we can probably record vids of the semi-finals matches on upward and what not.

Felix15c

Smash Journeyman
Hey, thats a really good idea :D We have to do that next time. Or for matches that we think will be entertaining to watch.

If you can get it to work...

Felix15c

Smash Journeyman
Random updates... Changed the prize layout to the following

And I've got some good news and bad news.

Good News
Gamelot has a DDRextreme machine. They have it set to 6 tokens per play ($1) and 5 songs per credit.

Bad News
We all know that if the arcade was free their would be a constant stream of smash players on it. In the interest of the longevity of the machine and actually letting other customers on the machine the arcade will no longer be free for the entire day.

What you do get is 6 tokens at registration and be able to buy tokens at the reduced price of 10 for a dollar. That being said I'll be there at 10a.m when the store opens to start registration and free play.

On a side note... Anybody else interested in having small tournaments for the arcade machines? DDR would obviously be one... and I think Virtual On (the robot game) would be an awesome tournament game. Since there are only 1 of each machine I think a cap of 16 players would have to be in place.

Sand-Trap

Smash Journeyman
Is there a tournament going on next weekend, on the 10th? I was told there was, but couldn't find the link to it. Someone link me pwease :(.

I think Drew and I will be able to make this tournament, not sure yet though. Maybe other people, too.

JesusFreak

Smash Hero
Yes there is a tourney going on this coming weekend, and then this torney happens the weekend after that.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
If I can catch a ride with someone going to this from austin then I will definitly be down for a DDR tourny :)

reqy

Smash Journeyman
im actually thinking about coming to this one. I loved the arcade since it had Virtual On in it :) :)

Felix15c

Smash Journeyman
So reqy... up for a vitrual on tournament!?!? Seriously, that game is hella fun, and I think it could actually be a decent tourney game.

reqy

Smash Journeyman
I wonder if anyone still plays VO. I concur with Felix though. I wish I had the twin sticks for Virtual On. Speaking of Virtual On, I used to play another Mecha game sort of like it. It's called Armored Core and people have been doing tournaments mainly up in Dallas with it but there's not many tournaments especially when u compare it to SSBM.

And I forgot to rematch you Felix, but I had to jet since I had to be somewhere at 3 instead of at 6. Hope school doesn't affect that weekend.

forkgirl

Smash Lord
hey Felix, are people allowed to bring tv/gcs?? If so, you should encourage people to bring stuff, so the tournament can run faster and have more freindlies. I can bring one

Top Bottom