• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

** SMASHACHUSETTS ** - MA, CT, NY (western ma)

GTZ

Smash Ace
NNID
Arctic-Cat
PLEASE READ FOLLOWING FINALIZED EVENT DETAILS:

$5 - venue fee
$5 - brawl doubles/teams entry fee
$5 - brawl singles entry fee

First off, thanks to all who have helped and suggested things to me to make this tournament run smoothly. I am GTZ and I will be hosting my first ever tournament here at GamePlay USA. I am following the unity ruleset, which is posted under the rules section of this tournament. Please be advised that being my first tournament I am open to any help and/or suggestions if something doesn't add up or seem correct. Please enjoy yourselves as well, and let everyone know about the date so we can have some big attendance.

*Plan on bringing a complete setup if possible. (brawl game disc + wii console + crt, non lagging TV + make sure all appropriate data is unlocked) If you do, you will be rewarded in store. Please confirm if you do have a setup to bring below in the comments section. Thanks in advance.

EVENT'S APPROXIMATED TIME SCHEDULE:

== 4:15pm [arrival/assembly for those bringing setups/friendlies downtime]

== 5:450pm [brawl doubles/teams sign-ups]

== 6:00pm [brawl doubles/teams tourney begins]

== 7:15pm [friendlies down time]

== 8:15pm [brawl singles signups]

== 8:45pm [brawl singles tourney begins]

*PICS BELOW ARE OF THE VENUE WHERE THIS TOURNAMENT IS TAKING PLACE:*

GTZ

Smash Ace
NNID
Arctic-Cat
This tournament will go on if I have a good combined sign up total, aka good interest. I am kinda surprised this tournament hasn't really generated any interest on this site. I know there isn't any other tournaments going on, and the other site is showing a ton of interest.. are you guys all on AIB now or is my tournament just not getting publicity?

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
I'd suggest hitting up Fatal or Bizkit for some help promoting this. Seems to look good.

GTZ

Smash Ace
NNID
Arctic-Cat
***********************seriously guys aib is like all over this tourney and you guys arent saying a peep, what gives? this is going to be a big tournament from the sound of it and I'd appreciate some feedback here people!

GTZ

Smash Ace
NNID
Arctic-Cat
1655 Boston Rd, Springfield, MA 01129
(413) 543-1331

august 20, 2011

5:30 pm start time (just friendlies, signups start around 6-6:30pm)

standard issued ruleset for singles and doubles... 20 attendee confirmed on AIB and 3 attendees confirmed in store + possible 5 more... please hype this tournament up on SB here because I need the attendance to make this a potential regional venue/tournament...

please and thanks
- GTZ

Bizkit047

Smash Lord
By standard ruleset you mean Unity Ruleset, right? If not...then you really need to type it out so that people are aware of the rules or players will be upset if they try to call out a rule that doesn't exist.

GTZ

Smash Ace
NNID
Arctic-Cat
yeah, I believe the unity is what it's called but it's been awhile..last tourney I went to was one of yours, and the ruleset is the same as your tourney in worcester

Bizkit047

Smash Lord
Ah yea, so then just say we're using Unity Ruleset instead of standard, so it's less confusing. Try to update details in original post a little better as well, similar to what I do with HoG/DNA threads.

Bizkit047

Smash Lord
Tio, get it on allisbrawl.com. Using anything else would be a hilariously bad idea.

GTZ

Smash Ace
NNID
Arctic-Cat
Event's final details updated, please read initial post for detals, thank you
- gtz

Reis the Beast

Smash Rookie
GTZ what's the crowd looking like...I got about 4 people with me, I also got a tv and the game my wii console dosent have all the unlocked content

:phone:

Prawn

Smash Master
Need to get all the western mass people here to watch me and pelca take top 2 :D

:phone:

GTZ

Smash Ace
NNID
Arctic-Cat
NIIICCCEEE I wanna play against you guys.. I'm entering the tourney as well, but I haven't played Brawl competitively for so long now I probably won't put up much of a fight at all, but I sure will try.. I figured maybe my calling in the community was as a respected tourney host/organizer... hope I make you all proud I've worked extremely hard to find the setups and the consoles and tvs, & get the venue situation squared away.. I didn't sleep last night because I am too busy prepping setups with all appropriate character/stage data... I will be working 6 hours before the tournament, then running the whole tourney on top of that, so it's a busy life but worth seeing everyone for... Time for a break guys I'll check on SB/AIB later tonight to answer any last questions you guys may have.
- GTZ

GTZ

Smash Ace
NNID
Arctic-Cat
thnx alot prawn I appreciate that, with all my work the managers of the store really havent given me any credit for my effort, let alone paying me for the 5 hours I worked there today... lol... but you made my day so thanks :)

Top Bottom