• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash World Forum's Smash4 Ideal Roster (Current topic: Super Mario)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
lol I have logic, it's just I think it's possible for Goku to get in if Sakurai lets off his donut (criteria) for him.
I think Goku should just be in fan Smash Bros. games like SSF2 and Crusade. That way the fans can do as they please. But if you really want to play Goku in a 3D party fighter I suggest checking out Battle Stadium D.O.N.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
lol I have logic, it's just I think it's possible for Goku to get in if Sakurai lets off his donut (criteria) for him.
You're hilarious. :laugh:

Anyway...
Sonic
Snake
Mega Man

The rest I'm not confident enough in, though I do think we'll get a Namco character.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
*breathes deeply*

Remember Shorts, it's a group roster.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Sonic
Snake
Megaman

All reasonable picks, and all fitting within Sakurai's conservative parameters.

Snakeyes

Smash Journeyman
Likely:

Sonic - Him and Mario have been best pals lately and Nintendo has just entered an exclusive partnership with Sega. 'nuff said.

Snake - While Metal Gear hasn't appeared a lot on Nintendo platforms lately, I don't see Sakurai taking out a character that he spent so much time on to fit in Smash.

Mega Man - Popular and has a huge history with Nintendo.

Namco rep - Because they helped with development.

Less likely:

Square-Enix rep - Probably a Dragon Quest character because it's their most popular franchise in Japan and the one with the biggest connection to Nintendo.

Megami Tensei rep - A bit of a stretch, but the franchise started out on the NES and has had a big presence on Nintendo's handhelds lately. There's also the SMT x FE collab.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Likely:

Sonic - Him and Mario have been best pals lately and Nintendo has just entered an exclusive partnership with Sega. 'nuff said.

Snake - While Metal Gear hasn't appeared a lot on Nintendo platforms lately, I don't see Sakurai taking out a character that he spent so much time on to fit in Smash.

Mega Man - Popular and has a huge history with Nintendo.

Namco rep - Because they helped with development.

Less likely:

Square-Enix rep - Probably a Dragon Quest character because it's their most popular franchise in Japan and the one with the biggest connection to Nintendo.

Megami Tensei rep - A bit of a stretch, but the franchise started out on the NES and has had a big presence on Nintendo's handhelds lately. There's also the SMT x FE collab.
Um...

This isn't really the place for that.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Just pretty much vote for who you predict will be playable ~

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
Sonic
Snake
Mega Man
Pac-Man

... and so many others that I wish I could say confidently.

D3monicWolv3s

Smash Ace
Sonic
Snake
Mega Man
Pacman
Geno- (feels less likely than the ones above but still seems like the next most likely to me)

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Sonic
Snake
Mega Man

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
Sonic
Megaman
Pac-Man
Possibly a 4th representative although no idea who

Comments:

I am pretty confident there will be at least 1 Namco representative, its basically a fact, given that they are helping develop the game.

In my opinion it will most likely be Pac-Man as a character from their other fighting games will probably seem a bit off in Smash.

Also I believe Snake might be cut. With the new inclusion of Playstation Allstars it might be harder to get Snake into the game. And I know Sakurai and Kojima are great friends and that it was actually Kojima who wanted Snake in the game since Melee, but I have a weird feeling that Sony might just buy out Snake or do some deal with Kojima (or Konami) about him not being in Smash.

To end it, I think that there will probably be 4 3rd party representatives this time around and so I believe there will probably be one more that I haven't listed, I am just unsure who that could be. Bomberman maybe?

D

Deleted member

Raykz said:
I am pretty confident there will be at least 1 Namco representative, its basically a fact, given that they are helping develop the game.
"Third-party" and "guarantee" are words that should not be put together. EVER. Especially when we don't even know if the Namco Bandai relationship means anything since the final word is up to Sakurai.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I
Sonic
Megaman
Pac-Man and/or another Namco Representative
Possibly a 4th representative although no idea who

Comments:

In my opinion it will most likely be Pac-Man as a character from their other fighting games will probably seem a bit off in Smash.

Also I believe Snake might be cut. With the new inclusion of Playstation Allstars it might be harder to get Snake into the game. And I know Sakurai and Kojima are great friends and that it was actually Kojima who wanted Snake in the game since Melee, but I have a weird feeling that Sony might just buy out Snake or do some deal with Kojima (or Konami) about him not being in Smash.

To end it, I think that there will probably be 4 3rd party representatives this time around and so I believe there will probably be one more that I haven't listed, I am just unsure who that could be. Bomberman maybe?
You need to take the slashes out of your vote. Just a heads up.

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
"Third-party" and "guarantee" are words that should not be put together. EVER. Especially when we don't even know if the Namco Bandai relationship means anything since the final word is up to Sakurai.

I didn't use the word guarantee I said I was pretty confident, which implies a feeling I have, not an actual guarantee towards the general public. Also I wrote basically a fact which, when read, means it is not a fact (otherwise I wouldn't use the word basically).

Still doesn't matter what you say, I am still very confident we will see a Namco representative before any other representative at all, so if you ask me (that is my own opinion, not any actual hard proof), we will get a Namco representative before we get any other new representative, and that includes Megaman.

You need to take the slashes out of your vote. Just a heads up.
I changed it, or at least I think that's what it was. I don't know if that was exactly what you meant.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
I really DON'T want pac man. that's my opinion.

Anyways,

Megaman,
Sonic,
Snake
Tails(Only reason being sega's partnership with nintendo for sonic)

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Sonic
Snake
Megaman
Pac-Man

and if there's DLC, Bayonetta.

volbound1700

Smash Master
You can't expect logic from BluePikmin11. This is the same person that thinks Goku has a shot of getting in.
Although you cannot say it was a guarantee, there is evidence in his comments about Snake and Sonic being a great addition and his comments about the possibility of a Capcom character being in the game (to me that latter comment pretty much confirms Megaman, why else would he say that).

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Although you cannot say it was a guarantee, there is evidence in his comments about Snake and Sonic being a great addition and his comments about the possibility of a Capcom character being in the game (to me that latter comment pretty much confirms Megaman, why else would he say that).
Sakurai's comments about Vvdeo game third parties do not necessarily have a connection with an anime/manga character.

volbound1700

Smash Master
Sakurai's comments about Vvdeo game third parties do not necessarily have a connection with an anime/manga character.
???? I do not think Goku will be in the game. I am just stating that Sakurai has made two comments that to me practically confirm the return of third parties and the possibility of Megaman.

Based on Sakurai's comment, I would vote Megaman's chances over most the newcomers even K Rool and Ridley because Sakurai hasn't made any comments direct at those characters. (Only other one is arguable Takamaru and that was Melee era and not recent).

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
So, you're all crazy as **** and we got Sonic, Snake, Megaman, and Pac-Man.

Does the final roster look done to everyoone?

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
So, you're all crazy as **** and we got Sonic, Snake, Megaman, and Pac-Man.

Does the final roster look done to everyoone?
Looks good to me.

Can't wait to see a pic of the final roster.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom