• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash WiiU & 3DS Miiverse Daily Pic - September 4th

Smashboards

18 years old!
Administrator
Premium
Writing Team
Super Smash Bros. for WiiU & 3DS director Masahiro Sakurai said: "Pic of the day. Here's one of the final battles in Smash Run, called "Run!" As you'd expect, it involves you dashing toward the finish line. In general, the fighters who are fast by default, equipped with speed-boosting equipment, and powered-up with speed boosts over the course of that Smash Run will have the advantage. However, speed isn't the only factor that will determine who will be victorious... "

A second picture was included with the comment "Those red things in the picture are called danger zones, and if you touch one, you'll get penalized by respawning farther back in the stage!! The danger zones disappear after someone else touches them, so fighters following those in the lead will have an advantage. You can still find speed boosts throughout the stage, so it'll be a heated battle 'till the end!!"

And finally a third picture was included with the comment "Here's another final battle called "Climb!" Obviously, those that can jump or fly higher will have the advantage, but they also have to avoid the danger zones!! It gets pretty challenging if you've boosted your speed too much, as well. Everyone really gets into this when playing multiplayer."

Gimj

Smash Journeyman
Always wanted to race in Smash(Big Blue + Sonic anyone?). Looks fun!

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
Nintendo needs to make a commercial with this respawn mechanic, NOW. Just imagine some kids being teleported from Japan all the way to the Amazon Jungle, or to the moon.

Last edited:

JUr

Smash Journeyman
NNID
JorgeUr
3DS FC
4957-3388-8097
Hehe great, how many friendships ruined by Smash Run's fault??

Ganondorf has no problem, just spam DownB and perhaps you hit someone in the road...

pickle962

Smash Lord
"Geez I sure want to see another Smash Run pic this close to the Japanese launch of the 3DS version."

Said nobody EVER!!!

Skyle

Smash Rookie
I guess it's safe to say we'll only get one more character reveal until the Japan release, in which all the hidden characters will probably be revealed 1 hour after the game comes out. :dkmelee:

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Can't wait to play Smash Run. A mode for you that won't make you bored even though playing by yourself.

Last edited:

B1gBandJazZ

Smash Cadet
NNID
jp4464
3DS FC
0903-3227-6508
A Beeeee?!

Run for the Yogscast, Bowser!
"Pic of the Day: The last mode of Smash Run is called Cage Match! You and your opponents are locked in a giant cage, filled with a swarm of killer bees. You must be the last one alive, as Nick Cage continuously yells "NOT THE BEES! ARGHH THEY'RE IN MY EYES!!! AHSFHAHASHHAHHA."

"Also, if you win 100 Cage Matches, you get the Wicker Man trophy! Check it out below:"

sWiTcHeRoO [疾~斬]

The Visionary
NNID
Yuchkins
3DS FC
0130-2970-6312
Getting pretty tired with all the damn Smash Run days, but at least this is something new to it that we haven't already seen a bunch of times before, so it's still kinda cool.

Wyntir

Dark Child - 3DS tag online
NNID
Wyntir
3DS FC
4914-5115-4401
Well at least it's new info. Even though I'm getting sick of Smash Jog, it's still something newer.

Ready for some Duck Hunt gameplay n ...... Wolf (bring my main back Sak-Man)

WwwWario

Smash Ace
Even though I'm a bit tired of Smash Run news, this is a great update, and I love this new Run game! Loving Smash Run even more now.

Ramin Flage

Smash Rookie
If "Race to the Finish" is returning in some form, is there a possibility of a mode based off "Board the Platforms" or "Snag the trophies?"

Wasp

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3523-2036-8883
people stop whining about what the news is about... for god's sake, you won't get a character reveal every day ye know... do you even want to buy the game? it more like some people here just want every detail of the game before it being actually released. Don't we want the game to be surprising? I'd like to discover some things by myself instead of having to see it through PotD's

Smash run seems like a lot of fun, but i can see why people wouldn't choose Little mac for the jumping part or ganondorf for any part...

Malion

Smash Ace
I had no idea you could have a good smash related run... In smash run.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
people stop whining about what the news is about... for god's sake, you won't get a character reveal every day ye know... do you even want to buy the game? it more like some people here just want every detail of the game before it being actually released. Don't we want the game to be surprising? I'd like to discover some things by myself instead of having to see it through PotD's

Smash run seems like a lot of fun, but i can see why people wouldn't choose Little mac for the jumping part or ganondorf for any part...
Somebody give this guy a medal. I completely agree with everything he said.

Top Bottom