• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash WiiU & 3DS Miiverse Daily Pic - September 4th

CCTANK93

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CCTANK93
3DS FC
4296-3062-4792
I can't wait to play this mode. I can tell me and my friends are going to be playing this for a long time.

XaviortheSavior

Smash Cadet
Has it occurred to you people that Smash Run might be the mode that some people (like me) are most excited for? Quit your bellyachin'.

Xinc

Smash Lord
NNID
xincmars
3DS FC
2981-7601-8481
Ganon's gonna have a hard time.

Last edited:

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
So we get the Ice Climbers stage gimmick for Climb but with stage hazards? Looking forward to the chaos this will bring.

ChooChoo

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4399-0342-2350
This could ruin the potential of heavy, slow characters within the mode. Unless they are able to gather more bonuses faster than the likes of Sonic, Palutena and speed/jump mode Shulk, they'll have lost by default. It'd be great if you could set up the stipulation for the last match as long as all players agreed.

DuckHuntFTW

Smash Cadet
I thought it was a bit odd that sakurai said characters who fly higher. That sounds like a blatent tease.

wingedarcher7

The PSI Powerhouse
NNID
speedstar623
3DS FC
3411-2028-1159
I actually think this sounds like tons of fun, I'd love to do this in between matches with friends! Looking forward to Smash Run as much as the rest of the game =)

Luigifan578

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
1650-2770-2508
Awesome the danger zones really are going to change up the battle!
Cause i know who would win the "run!" challenge every time without things in there way ....................................................... :4sonic:

okamifire

Japan Enthusiast
Seems fun! With all of the character discussion, it's easy to overlook other fun things like Smash Run.

tomvoxx

Smash Apprentice
NNID
thighland529
Switch FC
SW-1258-1614-8509
so has anyone noticed in the second picture, that blast on the left looks a lot like Ridley?

Ridley confirmed:troll:

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
I thought it was a bit odd that sakurai said characters who fly higher. That sounds like a blatent tease.
He was probably referencing Pit, Charizard, Metaknight, Kirby, etc. Ridley's wings are too big for flight.

I hadn't really thought of the strategic aspect of Smash Run until now because I didn't realize how drastically different the end-games were going to be. Obviously, for something like "Run!" you would want to stay in an area where you could farm speed boosts, but that's not really possible since you don't know how it will end. This is a very good thing, in retrospect, because it ensures the entire Smash Run map will be viable rather than seeing all the players clustered in one area.

Last edited:

Aguki90

Smash Ace
NNID
Aguki900
3DS FC
2423-2759-1478
I was waitng for some debuff of these stages when other characters have the advantage of it. Ganondorf winning in climb, is possible because is soo slow have more control and others are flew away directly to the danger zone.

Wasp

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3523-2036-8883
I was waitng for some debuff of these stages when other characters have the advantage of it. Ganondorf winning in climb, is possible because is soo slow have more control and others are flew away directly to the danger zone.
i don't know if these danger zones will differ from each run so that you'll never play the same run, but if they don't change, there's a big chance that you'll get better at those stages and eventually be best with Sonic for example... so then a ganondorf would never be able to win.

FrostShock

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ClockworkWizard
Come on people, Sakurai mentioned "danger zones" and I don't see a single Archer joke.

You should be ashamed of yourselves.

Raetah

Smash Journeyman
Smash Run must be the name of the Smash 4 3DS version or something.

Last edited:

RPGatWill

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1118-0962-1816
Oh awesome! So now along with the normal smash which benefits arms and attack, you've got high launch smash which likely benefits defense, climb for jump, speed for run.

not only that, but it seems like certain smashes will work against types of collectibles. Reflect smash works against arms, and I've seen Mega smash which I think works against defense...

This mode is going to be flippin' awesome!

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
This actually isn't that bad, ya'll. Ah'm really excited for Smash Run, and while this doesn't necessarily hype me, it's a fun little addition.

It's only about a week away from Japanese release. It's all gonna be filler 'til then, y'know.

Shilvic

Smash Rookie
I hope Sakurai continues to only update the Wii U version of smash once the 3ds version comes out in a bit over a week...

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I just had a thought. What if one the final events is a boss fight, and the four players must work together to defeat the boss before time runs out; this references City Trial's stadium event, VS. King Dedede. Whoever delivers the final blow on the boss is the winner, but if everyone is KO'd, or the timer expires, then the match will end in a draw.

WinterShorts

The best NEOH Yoshi
NNID
Jelwshuman
3DS FC
4382-2513-9345
I sware Smash Run looks more like Kirby Air Ride with City Trial everytime a new pic about it comes up. Way to keep up the nostalgia Sakurai!

haydyn

Smash Cadet
I hope sakurai will talk about at least one of the modes for the Wii u version because apart from skin swaps, he has not posted anything interesting about the Wii u. :yoshimelee:

okamifire

Japan Enthusiast
I hope sakurai will talk about at least one of the modes for the Wii u version because apart from skin swaps, he has not posted anything interesting about the Wii u. :yoshimelee:
The 3DS version is coming out in 8 days in Japan, and a month in the US. The Wii U one has a Holiday 2014 release (2 months+ from now), so it makes sense that they want to hype up the one releasing days from now. After September 13th or October 3rd I'd imagine all of the PotDs will be of the Wii U version.

Top Bottom