• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash WiiU & 3DS Miiverse Daily Pic - May 9th

Smashboards

18 years old!
Administrator
Premium
Writing Team
Smash Wii U & 3DS director Masahiro Sakurai says "Pic of the day. Uniting three parts will complete the legendary Air Ride machine…the Dragoon! It's back! But we didn't just leave it the way it was, and added some nice touches to the design of the targeting screen. It is, of course, in stereoscopic 3D on the 3DS."

He also included a second picture saying "Just the target screen felt lacking so here's a pic of the Dragoon itself. I wanna get on it. I wanna get on and ride it."

TingleZC

Smash Cadet
>Go Online
>Join Match
>Get Dragoon Pieces
>Hit one of your opponents with it
>Get reported for targeting an individual
>Get Banned

Cool, though. :yoshi2:

Drazile

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3797-5765-7295
That DK taunt has been in so many pics...eugh I hate it so much

AIM0001

Smash Lord
Wait so this item is for the WiiU also right? This is one of my favorite items.

TingleZC

Smash Cadet
Wait so this item is for the WiiU also right? This is one of my favorite items.
Yeah, you can see in the top left corner of these screenshots if it's Wii U or 3DS, which this item is also in. :)

Last edited:

Ragna22

Smash Ace
Sakurai is one crazy sumbitch to be enlarging the aiming curser to such a disastrous size and all that does is make me appreciate For Glory mode more cause otherwise everyone who decides to go online is guaranteed to have to deal with this thing.

AkashicSword

Yokai
Sakurai is one crazy sum***** to be enlarging the aiming curser to such a disastrous size and all that does is make me appreciate For Glory mode more cause otherwise everyone who decides to go online is guaranteed to have to deal with this thing.
You may not be seeing the smaller pinkish circle on DK, the range is about the same.

Ragna22

Smash Ace
Oh yeah and Dragoon looks awesome in HD, makes me want a Kirby Air Ride remake or sequel.

Reality_Ciak

Smash Ace
I was kinda hoping Hydra would also be included; same item, it's just randomly set to one or the other at the beginning of the match.

Ragna22

Smash Ace
You may not be seeing the smaller pinkish circle on DK, the range is about the same.
I'd imagine that pink circle is just meant to highlight the characters you'll be able to hit, within the larger one, like if Pit were inside there'd probably be two pink circles on both DK and Pit.

The reason why I think this is, is because that little pink circle woudn't really make it clear as to how wide Dragoon's body will reach, the larger circle however makes sense for Dragoon's width plus in Brawl you could hit multiple dudes at once, that being said I don't think one little pink circle is going to do a good job at representing that if it WAS the actual curser.

Of course I could be wrong though.

Ragna22

Smash Ace
I was kinda hoping Hydra would also be included; same item, it's just randomly set to one or the other at the beginning of the match.
Honestly I think it'd be better if Hydra just went along the stage horizontally, You'd charge it up, (With a ton of super armor.) and let it go to watch it zoom by the stage plowing through enemies cause remember Hydra wasn't about staying in the air, it was about speed and raw power.

D

Deleted member

"Just the target screen felt lacking so here's a pic of the Dragoon itself. I wanna get on it. I wanna get on and ride it."

Wasp

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3523-2036-8883
>Go Online
>Join Match
>Get Dragoon Pieces
>Get Banned

these are still things they're trying to figure out if they are working methods... I'm not believing they actually get that rule through since there's something you can actually do against being target, fight back harder.

ShinsuYavi

D-Tier Melee Rookie
sakurai said:
I wanna get on it. I wanna get on and ride it.
Sakurai.... <_<

Jokes aside, I don't think anyone in real life would be able to stay on that thing for very long.
It doesn't seem to have a solid seat or handles to steady yourself, not to mention the acceleration on that thing would be bone-breaking.

I'd rather see the YouTube video of a guy trying to handle the thing instead. Less risk, less pain. :p

Last edited:

samsparta21

Smash Ace
>Go Online
>Join Match
>Get Dragoon Pieces
>Get Banned

I think it's only reportable if you only go for one guy throughout the entire game, just hitting someone with a Dragoon is part of the game.

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
>Go Online
>Join Match
>Get Dragoon Pieces
>Get Banned

Relentlessly targeting an individual. Unless you were stalking that player for the whole match you have nothing to fear. And they're more likely to get in trouble for reporting you over 1 a Dragoon strike, which counts as baseless reporting.

samsparta21

Smash Ace
Relentlessly targeting an individual. Unless you were stalking that player for the whole match you have nothing to fear. And they're more likely to get in trouble for reporting you over 1 a Dragoon strike, which counts as baseless reporting.
6 year olds who think you "played unfairly" or "only went for them" will report you always

Sahfarry

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2750-1620-0068
Never liked it as an item, but its cooler than some final smashes.

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
Eh, even when I do play with items, it's the one thing I leave off. I might try it once to see if it's just as OP and then never see it again. But that's cool, at least I can continue to turn it off and everyone else can continue to enjoy it!

Last edited:

itsameluigi1290

Smash Journeyman
NNID
luigitime1290
"Now... it's TIME!"

"JOIN, THE 3 PIECES OF THE DRAGOON!"

"TAIL, ELEMENT OF AIR!"

"BODY, ELEMENT OF FIRE!"

"NOSECONE, ELEMENT OF WATER!"

"NOW, WITNESS ULTIMATE POWER THAT SHAKES THE EARTH TO ITS CORE!"

"FINAL!"

"DRAGOON!"

"BLAAAAAAAST!!!"

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA--"

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I shall target with the ultimate weapon.....

my parchment and quill!

ITALIAN N1NJA

Smash Ace
NNID
ITALIAN_N1NJA
3DS FC
3368-3413-2021
I was a fan of the item in Brawl. In Project M I liked it but I don't really play with items at all in Project M. I didn't like If one piece was collected, the others would constantly spawn until the dragoon was completed. This was annoying. On top of this. The focus would shift from the battle to the item which is essentially a mini smash ball.

EmptySky00

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1263-6981-9999
I think it's only reportable if you only go for one guy throughout the entire game, just hitting someone with a Dragoon is part of the game.
The fact that you can report something like this kinda pisses me off to be honest. You're playing FFA. This is perfectly legitimate and is part of the derp factor of it. Taking out a specific person is indeed a strategy. Get over it and stop whining like a damn child.

Casual Smash players can be so parasitic sometimes with their idiocy. I'd have no problem with them if they didn't cause stupid **** like this to happen with their groundless complaining.

Top Bottom