• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash WiiU & 3DS Miiverse Daily Pic - May 8th

Smashboards

18 years old!
Administrator
Premium
Writing Team
Smash Wii U & 3DS director Masahiro Sakurai says "Pic of the day. Bullet Bill here is an item. Can you guess what happens when you use it?"

He also included a second picture saying "Answer: You turn into Bullet Bill and go full speed ahead!"

Jupo

Smash Cadet
He also included a third picture confirming Polar Bear as playable

Ragna22

Smash Ace
I'd imagine the Bullet Bill would control like either Super Sonic or Pikachu's final smash.

Ragna22

Smash Ace
Mario Kart is still Mario, and it appears to have the same affect as in Mario Kart.

As does the Blue shell.
Though the blue shell is getting hit really damn hard with the nerf hammer in Smash compared to Mario Kart based on the few seconds we see of it.

TingleZC

Smash Cadet
Though the blue shell is getting hit really damn hard with the nerf hammer in Smash compared to Mario Kart based on the few seconds we see of it.
I don't take it we will see any blue shell only matches then. :(

I'll still play Blue Shell, Rainbow Road, Mario characters only. :p

Last edited:

Jerm

U Feelin' It?
NNID
Jermalie0
3DS FC
4940-5666-9945
Ice Climbers Confirmed!!
I realllllly didnt want IC back...as long as they don't have some ridiculous chain grab then I guess I won't have a problem with it..

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
--
I don't quite see how grabbing a bullet bill turns you into one, but it seems interesting nonetheless.

I realllllly didnt want IC back...as long as they don't have some ridiculous chain grab then I guess I won't have a problem with it..
How unfortunate for you. Did Ice Climbers steal your tournament money?

Last edited:

DeathFox137

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Tech137
I don't quite see how grabbing a bullet bill turns you into one, but it seems interesting nonetheless.

How unfortunate for you. Did Ice Climbers steal your tournament money?
No, but they did take my veggies last time. And I was almost done with my meal, the little thieves. Nah, just kidding. They were indeed great to use.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
Ice Climbers will of course be back. However, I see it being very likely there will either just be One Climber now, or that Nana won't actually be able to be seperated from you no more.

Anyways, chain grabs better be removed. Probably one of the worst things I know of in Smash. :/

Drazile

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3797-5765-7295
please no blue shell
please no blue shell
please no blue shell
wait
please blue shell

LoneWolfRanger

Smash Apprentice
Ice Climbers will of course be back. However, I see it being very likely there will either just be One Climber now, or that Nana won't actually be able to be seperated from you no more.

Anyways, chain grabs better be removed. Probably one of the worst things I know of in Smash. :/
I Agree, chaingrabbing is cheap

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
I Agree, chaingrabbing is cheap
Glad someone agrees. And seeing Ice Climbers being so high in Tiers just because they can do something that really is 'cheating', it very off. :/

I do expect Sakurai to have removed possibilities for Chain Grabs, though, so I am not worried. But I know a lot of 'hardcore players' will get pissed.

TingleZC

Smash Cadet
Oh boy a pic of the day has caused discussion on chaingrabbing.

This will be fun.

Last edited:

RascalTheCharizard

Smash Ace
Oh goodie. One of my most hated items in the Mario Kart series invades Smash. I wonder if it's still frequently given to the person in last place ;)

proxibomb

Smash Clown
So, people will be able to fly off the stage? Can this item be used as a recovery? My question is how far it goes, and if you'll return to the stage.

I mean, unless it's a suicide. :088:

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
He also included a third picture confirming Polar Bear as playable
So where did this pic come from? Did another one of those press kits get released? I don't recognize this picture from anywhere.

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
I can see it now, Mario Kart themed battles with only items that appear in Mario Kart on Rainbow Road.

itsameluigi1290

Smash Journeyman
NNID
luigitime1290
What do characters in Mario Kart have to pay every month?

Their Bullet Bills.

Sahfarry

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2750-1620-0068
Im glad Nintendo is gettimg some fresher characters, items and stages. I have been disappointed with at least one character from each game in the roster (Jiggs, Pichu, Dr. Mario, Lucas, ROB - although I mained him) Nintendo hasnt added any characters or items that disapoint me. They al are so unique and cool to use. The only thig that could screw it up for me is those Miis..

TheLegendOfVenusaur

Smash Apprentice
Im glad Nintendo is gettimg some fresher characters, items and stages. I have been disappointed with at least one character from each game in the roster (Jiggs, Pichu, Dr. Mario, Lucas, ROB - although I mained him) Nintendo hasnt added any characters or items that disapoint me. They al are so unique and cool to use. The only thig that could screw it up for me is those Miis..
Weirdly, I love all of those characters you listed (minus doc and jiggs)
Oh well, different strokes for different blokes I guess...

Sahfarry

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2750-1620-0068
Weirdly, I love all of those characters you listed (minus doc and jiggs)
Oh well, different strokes for different blokes I guess...
I didnt like Lucas or Pichu because, I get theyre different from their obvious counterparts, but they werent... fresh? And I liked ROB I mained him lol. It just bothered me that hes not even a character.

Top Bottom