• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash WiiU & 3DS Miiverse Daily Pic - May 8th

Uffe

Smash Hero
This will be fun in Stamina Mode. Don't tell me there isn't a Stamina Mode. :/

Nietendodude

Smash Ace
Now we get to see how it is to be a bullet bill in a game. Now we can understand its pain when it misses and it's utter joy when you hit.

Maxilian

Smash Ace
Mario items*
Well is a Mario Kart item cause it works just as it works in Mario Kart (yeah, it can be actually said that is Mario item:drsad:)

What's with the random red triangle on the bottom right corner of the second picture?
I think that was added by Sakurai to show where Megaman was before taking the item :drshrug:

Last edited:

Wasp

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3523-2036-8883
Well is a Mario Kart item cause it works just as it works in Mario Kart (yeah, it can be actually said that is Mario item:drsad:)

I think that was added by Sakurai to show where Megaman was before taking the item :drshrug:
Or... it's showing in which direction Bullet Bill is going? But i guess you're right...

DrizzyDrew

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-3772-7996-8482
this seems to work like the wrap star. Pick up the item and pick a direction. Awesome, more mario kart items!

AIM0001

Smash Lord
Ice Climbers will of course be back. However, I see it being very likely there will either just be One Climber now, or that Nana won't actually be able to be seperated from you no more.

Anyways, chain grabs better be removed. Probably one of the worst things I know of in Smash. :/
No they can still bring back both IC. It'll be just like Rosalina and Luma.

JCDied4U

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sieger
What's with the random red triangle on the bottom right corner of the second picture?
I'm guessing your character will return to that spot after going a set amount of distance or going off screen.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Reminds me of that episode of NSMB Wii by the Runaway Guys when ProtonJon was singing and made the other guys laugh.

Wasn't this seen during the Smash Direct?

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
So am I the only one intrigued by the classic red arrow icon that you usually see above items just randomly floating there in the second picture...

...but in the first picture, there is a tiny grey arrow above the Bullet Bill?

Maxilian

Smash Ace
So am I the only one intrigued by the classic red arrow icon that you usually see above items just randomly floating there in the second picture...

...but in the first picture, there is a tiny grey arrow above the Bullet Bill?
As a couple of picture pointed out that could be:

1- Just a way of Sakurai to show the item and where the character was when the item was used

2- The direction it goes

3- Where the character will be after the items banish (maybe the character will be teleported back where he/she toke the item from)

:drshrug:

Chef Wendell

Smash Rookie
I wonder if you're going to be able to move with it, or if it will just hone in on enemies automatically kinda like in mario kart how it's hands free.

GreenMunchkin

Smash Apprentice
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO ICE CLIMBERS!

Words cannot properly express how happy I am right now. In an attempt to express it, I'm somewhere between "ecstatic" and "almost Rosalina level hype".

As to anyone claiming chaingrab is "cheating," is it really any worse than MK nado/planking, Falco D-throw spikes, or spacies in Melee? Just saying.

Aguki90

Smash Ace
NNID
Aguki900
3DS FC
2423-2759-1478
SOoo We got the One the most OP Items from mario kart in smash bros. Even the blue shells, is a new items!

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
So now we have three different items from Mario Kart. Does this mean we'll see more items from spinoffs?

Could we end up getting something from a Mario RPG? A Power Rush badge could be interesting, raising the damage the wearer deals for a while by 25% if they're above 100% themselves...

Last edited:

Sonicguy726

Smash Lord
So now we have three different items from Mario Kart. Does this mean we'll see more items from spinoffs?

Could we end up getting something from a Mario RPG? A Power Rush badge could be interesting, raising the damage the wearer deals for a while by 25% if they're above 100% themselves...
How about a dice block from mario party, it'd be like a one-time use, projectile that works like game and watch's hammer, the bigger the number the further they fly

jdawg99

Smash Journeyman
I'm guessing that you would point in the direction you want to shoot the bullet bill. If you look, you can see the triangle is pointing like an arrow in the direction it went.

Niala

Smash Ace
I'm guessing that you would point in the direction you want to shoot the bullet bill. If you look, you can see the triangle is pointing like an arrow in the direction it went.
Also a cool, realistic thought. I'm glad some people have better imaginations than me-- I had honestly assumed it was a graphical error they were too lazy to fix.

ShinsuYavi

D-Tier Melee Rookie
I was thinking it was a development tool for debugging purposes that would be removed later on, since it looks quite out of place. Even if it were being used for directional control, wouldn't the bullet bill itself be a better indication of intended direction/orientation/aim?

Although, if what you said is a thing, I wonder how many more items allow a form of "indirect control" through which player(s) are able to manipulate its behavior.

Maxilian

Smash Ace
I was thinking it was a development tool for debugging purposes that would be removed later on, since it looks quite out of place. Even if it were being used for directional control, wouldn't the bullet bill itself be a better indication of intended direction/orientation/aim?

Although, if what you said is a thing, I wonder how many more items allow a form of "indirect control" through which player(s) are able to manipulate its behavior.
Yeah, I think is only a form for Sakurai to show the item in a more self-explanatory way in a picture :drshrug:

Last edited:

ryuu seika

Smash Master
There's a roughly 35 degree angle between the upper edge of the arrow and the smoke trail. Your theory is wrong.

It is clearly marking the start point of its journey and it would not do this unless there was good reason to, making me think that the player might magically reappear there (probably with a slight cooldown animation) after the attack.

jdawg99

Smash Journeyman
There's a roughly 35 degree angle between the upper edge of the arrow and the smoke trail. Your theory is wrong.

It is clearly marking the start point of its journey and it would not do this unless there was good reason to, making me think that the player might magically reappear there (probably with a slight cooldown animation) after the attack.
It seems to be pointing the same direction. Did you measure this or something haha. I like the theory of it being a development tool. I'm a developer and I probably would have done the same thing

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
Hmm very interesting. When I saw the first picture, I assumed Bullet Bill would just be a throwing item, but was absolutely intrigued by the next picture. Sakurai is a bloody genius.

Oh, and in response to the chain-grabbing: I think chain-grabbing is fine as long as there is a way to counter or escape from it. Hmm, perhaps they could make a "counter-grab" mechanic, in which if the opponent holds you for too long, you can grab them back instead of breaking away. The higher your opponent's damage is, the sooner you can counter-grab them. BUT, if it is the other way around, it would be much harder.

TingleZC

Smash Cadet
there's no discussion... there's only agreeing so far
Given the fact that people even discuss it on a picture of the day, and say it's cheap (which is understandable for 0-Death CG) is still funny to me.

Myougi

My posts are gluten free.
Glad someone agrees. And seeing Ice Climbers being so high in Tiers just because they can do something that really is 'cheating', it very off. :/

I do expect Sakurai to have removed possibilities for Chain Grabs, though, so I am not worried. But I know a lot of 'hardcore players' will get pissed.
>Smash 4 Invitational
>Ice Climbers Revealed
>Wobbles ends up going and plays Icies
>Day 1 Infinites

Wasp

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3523-2036-8883
Given the fact that people even discuss it on a picture of the day, and say it's cheap (which is understandable for 0-Death CG) is still funny to me.
lemme repeat it for you, there was no discussion at all, only agreeing on it. If someone has a thought about that because of the picture, than that is assumed to be very normal. /lesson

Last edited:

IKEkameHAMEha

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5300-8881-3567
Glad someone agrees. And seeing Ice Climbers being so high in Tiers just because they can do something that really is 'cheating', it very off. :/

I do expect Sakurai to have removed possibilities for Chain Grabs, though, so I am not worried. But I know a lot of 'hardcore players' will get pissed.
yeah absolutely hate chain grabbing i think it shows how much skill they have at the game one of the reasons i dont like wi fi :(
same with falco and the lot of them hate meta knight too unless im using of course

Wasp

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3523-2036-8883
yeah that's the point... people using these techniques of course don't hate them...

IKEkameHAMEha

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5300-8881-3567
But you can't be hit with a blue shell if you're in last, well except for MK7
lol i know i meant she didnt hate getting it when she was last cause it helped her and WHAT it can hit you when youre last im MK7??!!
this is an outrage (puts kakashi cosplay outfit on) im going to war.:demon:

Top Bottom