• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash WiiU & 3DS Miiverse Daily Pic - May 22nd

Ragna22

Smash Ace
YES, that was the one thing I didn't like about team battles previously, you were forced to stick with blue, green or blue colors, honestly it also made team battles boring to watch for me because you're looking at the same two or three colors everytime.

Wasp

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3523-2036-8883
Pun-time!
I've put these all in line so far:

* So yeah, now every character is part of the new line-up...
* It will be a hard line to follow
* There are so many features already, where do they draw the line?
* There's also an offline mode
* These outlines redefined the word punchline...
* Let's hope the finish the game before the deadline

But enough of the puns now... this PotD raises more questions and we all want to know the bottom lines now

Last edited:

infomon

Smash Scientist
This is great. And he's previously said that the outlines can be turned off anyway (maybe that's not true for team battles, who knows).

drsusredfish

Smash Ace
you know how in tournaments players can play on any level even the jank levels as long as everyone agrees on it, that's how I imagine team color picking is going to be done.

As long as the players agree on it any colors can be used even if every one is wearing all black as long as they agree on it.

I think even the smash 64 rule set had character pallet restrictions on certain levels so yeah character color pallet rules won't be a new thing.

Last edited:

Zorc Of Norway

Smash Cadet
This is a bad change as in ditto match up with the right alternate color pick it might become difficult to see who who quickly.

Still cool though.
You still won't be able to play as the same colour in dittos, so i don't think that will be a problem. And if you're concerned about some alts looking too much alike you can just change your own colour.

Last edited:

Uffe

Smash Hero
This means we won't have to deal with having to play a light-shaded, white-glowing version of our character like in Brawl when there weren't two different red colors, blue colors, or green colors.

If this means that's gone I'm all for it.
I had recently played Smash with my nephew and he didn't like the foggy or darkened versions, either. I'm not fond of them as well. I'm not sure why people are mentioning dittos as being a problem since you can't choose the same color if it's already been taken.

Fig Newton

Smash Cadet
NNID
Figglypuff
I really love the new change for team battles. I for one wasn't against only sticking with Red, Blue, and Green whenever I would have to participate in a team battle, but I did wanted more variety from the teams. I'm still hoping there could be a Dark team as almost every character has a dark color palette in previous titles. That said, if Red, Blue, and Green teams are the online outlines that I'll see, I'll be fine with that since I will ultimately have the choice of the color for my character. :D

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
'I'm just gonna post some of the points stated that got me even more hyped by this small but important change; ya know, ignoring all the negative comments of, "change is bad, mmmkay"

-Could there be more colors available for teams? Easier than ever now, with just an outline, as it is just an aesthetic thing.
-Sakurai seems to be really paying attention to competitive players this go round.
-What will the Wii U version do?
-Maybe we can customize our own color schemes entirely!
-Can switch up the colors seen; story battles, verisimilitude in character interpretation, everyone can be how they look.
-Delightful added challenge if you want to confuse players about who is whom by choosing the same colors.
-No more faded and darker color schemes, the actually confusing look. Phew.

-E3 is in less than three weeks!!

Last edited:

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
Very interesting update, considering we just saw gREDninja yesterday. It seemed obvious that would be his red-team palatte.

This is the first update I find truly questionable. A particularly trolly duo could assign themselves to be on Red team, but both pick Blue costumes, just to try and mess with their opponents in some backhanded metagame.

Jerodak

Smash Lord
NNID
Jerodak
3DS FC
1633-5601-9085
This seems like it may be really good for players that are color blind, which was actually a problem previously in team matches with characters like pokemon trainer and sonic where there's actually an official tournament rule that allows color blind players request different colors. Since the outline can be "any color" and because there's a huge icon over everyone's head, it seems like this will be great.

Malion

Smash Ace
I don't understand why people think we'll be able to pick the same colours on the same teams. If anthing it will be exactly like free for all where if a colour is being squatted on or picked you can't pick or look at it. Regardless of team. Like my opponent picked red mario for his green team now when i go to click mario for my red team he is blue by default but i have the change him etc.

That's how this has worked before anyway.

TopTierPichu

Smash Ace
I hope that those coloured outlines are optional, as I hate them personally.
but that is how you are able to tell what team, if you disable colors you could mistake a blue alt as some one on blue team and they would actually be on a red team

yahooda

Smash Ace
NNID
yahooda
3DS FC
0302-0469-6394
What happens if one of the players are playing with the outlines turned off? Do they just need to use the colored P1/P2 icons to tell what team the player is on?

Aguki90

Smash Ace
NNID
Aguki900
3DS FC
2423-2759-1478
This is a good change! The only think came to my mind is the competive scene gonna be with varius colors. keep this focus well.

Dr. James Rustles

Daxinator
I feel this is a 3DS only feature as outlines play a larger part in the gameplay. However, you would think that Sakurai would mention that if he felt it was important so it is possible that it will be in both versions. Hopefully this can be toggled off and on.
Just check out yesterday's PoTD.

Edit: Nvm.

Last edited:

Sqa$

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bazaar
I like this update personally. Like some others have said, some costumes just look bad. With this, we can avoid those bad palette swaps and look sexy all the time.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Really hope there's an option where we can pick the colors instead of being just the outlines

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
Hopefully THAT is a hint at this -

Is that am actual picture or just made up? Cause that would be a REALLY cool stage.

Also, like the update. Bar some majorly bad decision if Sakurai makes one, I have no doubt this will be the best Smash yet.

grizby2

Smash Lord
:colorful: FINALLY. :colorful:

and for those arguing about being the same color, there is a big noticeable 1P 2P 3P 4P hovering right above your head.

RelaxAlax

That Smash Guy
Is that am actual picture or just made up? Cause that would be a REALLY cool stage.

Also, like the update. Bar some majorly bad decision if Sakurai makes one, I have no doubt this will be the best Smash yet.
No i just made it awhile ago lol

Top Bottom