• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash WiiU & 3DS Miiverse Daily Pic - May 12th

Aguki90

Smash Ace
NNID
Aguki900
3DS FC
2423-2759-1478
I Still can't believe that wireframe little mac don't have a shadow and almost all photo of wireframe mac is in the Boxing Ring.

Radical Larry

Smash Lord
NNID
Crimson-Vulcan
3DS FC
1822-3761-9326
If they reveal Ganondorf and gave him an alternate costume, we could expect:

But with his cape from Street Fighter Alpha 3.

proxibomb

Smash Clown
Have the Project M effect? That would be nice. x3
Watch mods for Smash 4 either be really easy to make, or a living hell. I hope the project m team will have plenty to do of changes to Smash 4 are needed by the community.

Think about it, mewtwo has such a large audience people made him an actual character in a mod.

Cancel

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Diaz30
If the boxer plays like balrog from street fighter Im done. =D

Last edited:

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
Police: "Freeze, Little Mac! You're under arrest!"

Mac: "You don't understand! I've been framed!"

Sqa$

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bazaar
I do not wish to be the one to think like this, but from the videos that we have seen with this costume in it, we may be looking at one of the first "banned" costumes from tournament play. It isn't so bad when looking at pictures or on the right stages, but imagine taking this green wireframe Mac to Dreamland or something of the like. Any place with a brighter background will make him harder to see than any of the other costumes.

It's still a cool costume though, and I hope to see other costumes like it, like I've seen people say Doctor Mario like they did in Project M, or maybe the Dark Link, or maybe the different Mega Man characters for Mega Man. It'd be a little something that isn't too hard to pull off that he could throw in if he wanted to.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Hey, Wii Fit Trainer has the gender bender, I'm sure they'd throw in Mac's pink attire.
Yeah, but I'm just unsure of Sakurai giving a character 2 Alts.
Oh well, at least I still have Female Villager, Dr. Mario, and Skyward Sword or Ocarina incarnations of the Trforce trio!

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
This does open up some possibilities for other characters to get alt costumes. Could we end up seeing Masked Marth? A female Villager? Shiny Lucario, with aura colored gold instead of blue?

Or...a long shot, probably, but...male and female versions of Fire Emblem Awakening's avatar?

Last edited:

BladeOFLucas

Smash Journeyman
Watch mods for Smash 4 either be really easy to make, or a living hell. I hope the project m team will have plenty to do of changes to Smash 4 are needed by the community.

Think about it, mewtwo has such a large audience people made him an actual character in a mod.
Not going to happen. The PMBR has already made it very clear that they are confining their efforts to what they have been doing, they have refused to branch out, probably because right now they operate in Nintendo's peripheral, not illegal but not looked upon kindly. And also, it would be a pretty rude thing to do. Plus, Nintendo has probably already fixed their gaping hole in security from the Wii.

Adond

Smash Rookie
NNID
Adond
3DS FC
4055-4803-1437
They got to put at least the pink hoodie as an alternative skin.

Jaxxs

Smash Rookie
All these Little Mac puns are getting a little out of fist.

... Okay I'll take me leave now

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Does Japan even celebrate Mother's Day?
Yes it is celebrated. Not hugely but celebrated and advertised. My wife and I gave my mother-in-law a present and spent the day with her. There special Mother's Day flowers, cakes, and gifts available.

Of all of the major US and Western holidays, Japan celebrates the following:

New Years (though Japanese New Years. It is a time for quietness and family gatherings)
Christmas (minus the religious overtones)
Valentines Day (girls gives guys chocolates)
Easter (minus religious overtones. Just starting to get popular)
Mothers Day
Fathers Day
Earth Day
Halloween (nearing its height of popularity)

Holidays that are potentially getting popular are:
St. Patties Day
Cinco de Mayo
Thanksgiving (turkey is largely absent in Japan save for around this time)

Japan has other holidays such as
Children's Day
Respect for the Elder's Day
The Emperor's Birthday
Girl's Day
Ocean Day

Last edited:

L9999

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3780-9480-2428
Waking up in the morning daily to see this lame pictures is not worth it. I understand Sakurai is a troll and he has medical problems, but aren't there in the development room like other 20+ dudes that can take decent pictures?

Xigger

Smash Lord
Anyways, showing new info everyday isn't Sakurai's target goal. Even if we know a lot from watching the trailer, anyone who didn't watch the 40-minute trailer wouldn't know... Miiverse is a fine way of quickly showing this information.

Sahfarry

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2750-1620-0068
Does this even count as an alt. costume? It just looks like his textures were changed... like in a palette swap.

I'm not sure what defines an "alternate costume", but I believe that it suggests the actual model changing. I mean, It's what made Wario's change an alt. costume and Peach's Daisy colour just a palette swap. This little detail gives me hope for pink tracksuit Mac :3
A moment of silence for those who expected a Ness reveal...
I find the lack of :ness2: disturbing.
Why do people think Ness was to be revealed today?

EDIT: Mother's Day? Really guys..?

Last edited:

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I wonder if Sakurai will implement battle-damage looks this time, like he intended in Brawl.

Judging from the Little Mac reveal trailer, where at the end he's all bruised up with bandages and stuff, it certainly looks like it.
(Or it might have just been made specifically for the ending animation).

L9999

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3780-9480-2428
I wonder if Sakurai will implement battle-damage looks this time, like he intended in Brawl.

Judging from the Little Mac reveal trailer, where at the end he's all bruised up with bandages and stuff, it certainly looks like it.
(Or it might have just been made specifically for the ending animation).
I would say that it was made for animation, as adding it would take a long time and its better the way it is now.

Mansta

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
NNID
WafflePi
3DS FC
1564-3739-4600
Switch FC
SW-6415-9435-2510
Why do people expect Ness today? He was a secret fighter in 2 of the games. Holiday/release =/= reveal. It does not mean anything, Sakurai can reveal things when he wants.

Last edited:

Invisible Shiny Bulbasaur

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BigUglyMan-Doll
I really hope they also include the Super Punch Out look...

Fun Fact: Little Mac also apeared in is Super Punch Out apperance in Fight Night Round 2 on Gamecube,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yKZzJ87hYT4
I would like that, so long as they can translate his SNES look into 3D better than the Fight Night devs did, because 3D Mac looks seriously creepy in Fight Night. He reminds me of a younger, more muscular version of Gollum, with a bad case of muppet-face. Case in point, take a look at the infantile, sociopathic glee on his face as he beats the other boxer, two minutes into the above video, and again at about 4:45, as he continues to wail on his opponent even after he's already started to drop to the mat, leaning into the ropes. It's like watching some deranged man-baby tearing an insect's legs off, marveling at his superior strength and delighting in the carnage.
And at 5:45, observe the mindless, animal-like eagerness on that... thing's face as he awaits his next opportunity to strike. There is nothing behind those eyes, save for hunger.

Last edited:
Top Bottom