• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash WiiU & 3DS Miiverse Daily Pic - May 12th

Smashboards

18 years old!
Administrator
Premium
Writing Team
Smash Wii U & 3DS director Masahiro Sakurai says "Pic of the day. Here's wire frame Little Mac--re-envisioned from the original Punch-Out!! game. The man that actually drew the pixel art wire frame in the original was none other than Shigeru Miyamoto. He said he drew the pixels for the wire frame on graph paper."

Last edited by a moderator:

TingleZC

Smash Cadet
A moment of silence for those who expected a Ness reveal...

Anyways, this looks great. If anything, I hope there's more alt costumes in the game. Maybe to the extent of Project M. (Doctor Mario, anyone?)

That is, if they don't do DLC and include Doc...

Drazile

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3797-5765-7295
This pretty much confirms that we won't get anything new until E3, just pretty pictures of old stuff.

proxibomb

Smash Clown
I can honestly say we're gonna get the "Zelda effect". Zelda wasn't revealed at E3 back in the revealing of melee. She was instead revealed when people were able to play the game itself at E3. I say we will be seeing remaining original 12 characters.

Let's all hope they are shown by E3. :jigglypuff::ness2::falcon:

Drazile

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3797-5765-7295
I just noticed that circle around Mac's glove. Is it coming from the punch, or Link's sword?

Wasp

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3523-2036-8883
I'm just hoping that E3 isn't all about showing the veterans who are still not shown... I NEED a new trailer HD with lots of crazy bombastic dramatic funny intense nintendo flavour all over it to satisfy my long waiting for the two games.

Anyways, I´m wondering... if the 3DS version will be released sooner than the Wii U version, it won´t be any surprise anymore which characters will be in the Wii U version since we´ve seen them all by then on the 3DS, so maybe there´s a big chance of getting to see all the available characters.

Somewhere i´m afraid there won´t be any more newcomers except for maybe one big reveal at the E3. I think the biggest ones have been shown already, but hey, Nintendo... so I could be totally wrong about this...

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
This pretty much confirms that we won't get anything new until E3, just pretty pictures of old stuff.
EDIT: Oops, read that wrong.

I mean, it still doesn't confirm anything about what we'll get until E3, but yeah, I'm not expecting much.

Last edited:

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
I would have preferred Pink Hoodie Mac instead, but this is still cool.
Anyway, I'm assuming color swaps for WFMac will just be his shorts and the color of his wire changing.

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
I'm just hoping that E3 isn't all about showing the veterans who are still not shown... I NEED a new trailer HD with lots of crazy bombastic dramatic funny intense nintendo flavour all over it to satisfy my long waiting for the two games.

Anyways, I´m wondering... if the 3DS version will be released sooner than the Wii U version, it won´t be any surprise anymore which characters will be in the Wii U version since we´ve seen them all by then on the 3DS, so maybe there´s a big chance of getting to see all the available characters.

Somewhere i´m afraid there won´t be any more newcomers except for maybe one big reveal at the E3. I think the biggest ones have been shown already, but hey, Nintendo... so I could be totally wrong about this...
The biggest newcomer of them all still needs to be shown

Wasp

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3523-2036-8883
Have the Project M effect? That would be nice. x3
yeah, like dr. mario, dry bowser, boxinggloves DK etc. stuff like that... it would really give a nice twist to the whole thing plus it could represent more characters to the game...

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I really REALLY hope so much Arcade Punch Out representation leads to a possible release for any of the current Nintendo system.
They just BEG for this game to be on them, with the whole dual screen system. And they are the only Punch Out games that are still not available to the public.
They could fine tune them a bit before release perhaps, as they are pretty rough around the edges.

PS: Any POTD with Little Mac instantly makes my day. :3

Wasp

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3523-2036-8883
anyone notices how 'Little' Mac isn't that little compared to Link?

itsameluigi1290

Smash Journeyman
NNID
luigitime1290
Wire you punching Link, Little Mac.

Don't you know you'll get framed for murder.

Radical Larry

Smash Lord
NNID
Crimson-Vulcan
3DS FC
1822-3761-9326
For those who are expecting all the unlockable characters from Brawl (with a few exceptions), don't forget that they could be unlockable in the next Smash Bros. game. So if that's the case...

:falcon::falco::ganondorf::jigglypuff::gw::ness2::rob::wolf::mewtwopm::roypm: and :drmario:

They may all not be announced until after they are unlocked in the next game by the players, and the players will be the ones who announce them. (Hopefully they don't bring back R.O.B., though)

Just be patient for the game and characters. They'll come here eventually...maybe not all...

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
LINK! Versus..... Wire Frame Team!

Mr.Random

Smash Ace
These pictures keep getting lamer. No new stages or characters. Hell I'll take ITEMS at this point even though I don't use them. Please something new Sakurai.

ITALIAN N1NJA

Smash Ace
NNID
ITALIAN_N1NJA
3DS FC
3368-3413-2021
It'd be sweet if Sakurai started showing off some of the new costumes and pallet swaps soon. Dark Link in HD? Yes please. I agree with the posts on here about alternate costumes. I sincerely hope that they put in many new(or Project M inspired) costumes for characters. More costumes could easily be done with updates if they're not in the game for some odd reason.

Reality_Ciak

Smash Ace
I wanted standard Mac, Wireframe Mac, Pink Hoodie Mac, and a color scheme referencing Super Punch Out. Could happen. Let's see how far they take this thing!

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I wanted standard Mac, Wireframe Mac, Pink Hoodie Mac, and a color scheme referencing Super Punch Out. Could happen. Let's see how far they take this thing!
I suppose the Snes recolor is very likely. If he gets a sleeveless shirt, I wonder what color it'll be, because if it's black it'll look very similar to the default one. I think white would look good and different.
I too would love to see all of those costumes. :3

Top Bottom