• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash WiiU & 3DS Miiverse Daily Pic - March 7th

Smashboards

18 years old!
Administrator
Premium
Writing Team
Smash Wii U & 3DS director Masahiro Sakurai says "Pic of the day. Here's a new stage for the 3DS version: Tortimer Island! I've been here countless times to catch bugs."

Sakurai has also shared an additional photo and said "What a beautiful day. On this stage, fighters are randomly placed on a different island layout every time they visit. Yar, come back anytime, will ye?"

Uffe

Smash Hero
I hope the water inside the island isn't deep. That could be annoying if it is. It would be cool that if items were on, the coconuts would spawn and you could use them against your opponent(s).

Nietendodude

Smash Ace
I really like this stage very much. Especially since the layout changes. Plus the fruit on the tree might be healing items or throws. Also (probs reading too deep) I think we might see some beetles on the trees as well with Sakurai's comment.

extremechiton

Smash Lord
NNID
Extremechiton
3DS FC
1590-4719-6526
Switch FC
SW 5498 9796 6766
Tournament legal?

Last edited:

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team
This will play a huge factor tourney-wise. Is there a set number of possiblities? And it looks like the Y-plane is also affected because he is closer to the house than in the first picture. It also maybe a camera angle also.

What I find interesting is the island, I believe, is the same in each New Leaf as opposed to the Smash Bros. version where it changes each time.

Sonicguy726

Smash Lord
This will play a huge factor tourney-wise. Is there a set number of possiblities? And it looks like the Y-plane is also affected because he is closer to the house than in the first picture. It also maybe a camera angle also.

What I find interesting is the island, I believe, is the same in each New Leaf as opposed to the Smash Bros. version where it changes each time.
I don't think the change is going to be drastic enough to make a difference

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246

Well in AC:NL, players can customize the content of their island as far as trees and flowers and stuff go, so I think he was just kind of trying to recreate that feeling of no island being exactly alike.

proxibomb

Smash Clown
This stage could have lots of potential in decoration. I say, more trees, random fish/sharks come out of the water, day and night transitions, with that - it'll be the perfect stage for me.

I too spent a lot of time here.

MoosyDoosy

Smash Ace
For those saying there might be a Y plane, I doubt it. I think the little incline is part of the stage, almost like a small platform off the ground.

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
A stage with angled depth? Trippy.

Looks like all the water around could make it a good stage for characters with poor recovery...unless the swimming mechanics have changed.

Dr. Bran

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2062-9647-8749
Kapp'n Singing: Yar, Smash Brotheeeeers, it's really quite innnnteresting. Me islands a staaage... now what's that s'posed to meeeeeaaan?

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
And it looks like the Y-plane is also affected because he is closer to the house than in the first picture. It also maybe a camera angle also.
That could easily be a different form of the stage.
In the second pic, there are several differences such as the re-positioning of shrubs, added stump, and additional flowers. Not to mention the incline has a different shape in the first pic as opposed to the second one. It's also possible that the location of the building may slightly shift as well, so I assume that's what's happening here.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
This kind of reminds me of the Dreamland stage from 64 and Melee.

Last edited:

Wasp

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3523-2036-8883
Not my stage, but nice and original tho...
I'm more from the flat stages with floating platforms and no hazards.

mobilisq

Smash Ace

i think he is referencing this as the club tortimer island, aka the online matchmaking bit, which is always randomized

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
i think he is referencing this as the club tortimer island, aka the online matchmaking bit, which is always randomized
Really? I did not know that. For all the AC I've played, I never bothered to get Club Tortimer.

Brickbuild101

Smash Lord
NNID
YouSeemFRAZZLED
Kapp'n Singing: Yar, Smash Brotheeeeers, it's really quite innnnteresting. Me islands a staaage... now what's that s'posed to meeeeeaaan?
*mid-song intermission dialogue* No ruffhousin' in ye waturr'! Yar har har! *song continues* We're gettin' close, time to get off, me boat! Aye be right here, me pickles I hold dear!

Top Bottom