• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash WiiU & 3DS Miiverse Daily Pic - March 3rd

Uffe

Smash Hero
I think since Zelda got the TP redesign, Ganondorf will get the same.

I do think after seeing this, we might possibly see OoT Ganondorf as a costume.
I'd like to see his Demise design with his normal appearance, if that makes any sense. That probably won't happen, though. So if we get the TP design of him, then I hope a Demise color scheme is added. Though, that also probably won't happen.

Shin F.

Smash Master
Awesome reveal today. I wonder if Ganon will resemble his Z64 self again when he is revealed? Link's look is based on Skyward Sword, but I heard Ganon wasn't in that game.
Actually, Link's model is much closer to his TP incarnation. Only his coloration looks like SS, and that's probably to blend in with the other characters' brighter colors this time around. If Ganondorf is revealed, I'd bet on him having his TP look.

Last edited:

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
Awesome reveal today. I wonder if Ganon will resemble his Z64 self again when he is revealed? Link's look is based on Skyward Sword, but I heard Ganon wasn't in that game.
I wouldn't count on that, since Zelda has her TP design and Link's is a hybrid between the TP and SS designs (however, the SS design was based from TP Link anyways) we can assume that Ganny will have the apperance of his latest incarnation, which is still Twilight Princess.

Also, can someone link me the pic where the bridge is being burned? Don't recall seeing that.

StreetPassWanter

Smash Apprentice
Can't find the source, sorry. :/ But I am not good at searching, so I'm sure someone else can. I am almost certain that was said, not long after E3, I Believe.
I am 100% sure they did say the versions 'may not be released at the same time', but that was said first, I Think.

Sorry.
If my memory serves correct, you're talking about either the interview after the E3 2011(?) announcement or one of the interviews right after E3 2013. They didn't say that. Again, I'm saying this from memory, but I don't remember Sakurai saying that.

SD Grandmaster Hero

Smash Apprentice
I'm pretty sure at some point in time it was said that alternate costumes won't be in this game. And when Ganondorf is revealed, it will be in the Twilight Princess design as it was in Brawl. So I doubt we're getting OoT Ganondorf.

Shin F.

Smash Master
I'm pretty sure at some point in time it was said that alternate costumes won't be in this game. And when Ganondorf is revealed, it will be in the Twilight Princess design as it was in Brawl. So I doubt we're getting OoT Ganondorf.
I suppose you don't remember the pic with the male and female Wii Fit Trainers?

Last edited:

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
Honestly Link isn't all that Skyward Swordish. Like.. .at all. He is really TP Link but his appearance is less akin to it just because of the brighter colors in this game in general.

Wouldn't be surprised to see Ganondorf get a OoT look though... Probably more of an alt thing.

MugenLord

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MugenLord
3DS FC
4339-2485-7226
Both version's won't come out together, Wii U will most likely release first in the fall then the 3DS for the holiday. Think about it for a second, the 3DS has a bigger install base than the Wii. If they were to release both at the same time it would simply kill the Wii U sales, that's not smart business at all mainly because Smash Brothers has always been a console game. What proves this, most forums I visit people always say they will purchase the 3DS version for the simple fact that they already own one oppose to the Wii U which most people don't own. Most people can't afford or won't go out their way to buy a new console for a game when their is an alternative available to them such as the 3DS. Unless you are a hardcore fan of the franchise then you would grab both. This game will sale Wii U's only if the 3DS version is not in the mix.

Hell a few of my friends on campus own 3DS's and said they won't buy the console version because it saves them money. Luckily I already own both systems.

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
Stage hazard or assist trophy, either way, they're a cool addition.

We know there's a new Zelda in development for the Wii U, so maybe the designs for Link and Zelda are from that, not Twilight Princess? If anything, it could raise hope for Genondorf getting a new or heavily edited movepool that makes him no longer a half-clone of Captain Falcon.

...Or maybe I just think it'd be cool to see him use the Trident of Power. >_>

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Sakurai Sez! Looks like Kotake and Koume are in Gerudo Valley! And THAT'S no good!

I'm putting money on Stage Hazard, mainly because we have seen the stage in two different conditions: normal, and on fire with the broken bridge. So I'd assume that Kotake and Koume trigger the fire and disaster, and someone else will make it go back (maybe the Song of Time will be played, sending the fighters to before the attack).

ITALIAN N1NJA

Smash Ace
NNID
ITALIAN_N1NJA
3DS FC
3368-3413-2021
I don't remember them causing much trouble at all in Ocarina of Time. Other than taking Impa, the boss battle was so easy I actually leaned in at the end and was like "Alright. Now where is the real challenge? No? Okay." It was a let down compared to the clever puzzles in the temple itself dealing with symmetry and what not. Still a cool addition though. Looks like its a stage hazard that will be 3DS exclusive.

Last edited:

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I really liked these two crones in OoT. I really hope they become Twinrova at some point as well. That was one of my favorite boss battles.

But this is definitely a stage hazard, not an Assist Trophy.

Time/SpaceMage

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0190-1986-7622
Honestly Link isn't all that Skyward Swordish. Like.. .at all. He is really TP Link but his appearance is less akin to it just because of the brighter colors in this game in general.

Wouldn't be surprised to see Ganondorf get a OoT look though... Probably more of an alt thing.
Wow. I was going off memory, but now that I look at it Link's TP and SS designs are really similar. (SS Link vs TP Link.)
For comparison, here's the Sm4sh version. Hate to say it but you've got a point - both TP and S4 Link have a rectangular belt buckle, they have thinner hair than SS, their blue armguards look the same, and they are both lefties as well. Good call there.

FooltheFlames

needs hugs~<3
Uh, no they're not.

That was confirming that collectable trophies were version unique, not Assist Trophies.

Like this trophy of Saria, it's a 3ds exclusive. and omg, of all characters, Saria, there better be a Nabooru trophy, Saria is stupid.
But I love little Saria to death... I even wanted her to be a Newcomer b4 the trophy reveal...( which broke my heart by the way)

Also did anyone else ever think that maybe at one point the Koume and Kotake duo could be character roster material? (Ya know like the Ice Climbers?) :confused:

Last edited:

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
Wow. I was going off memory, but now that I look at it Link's TP and SS designs are really similar. (SS Link vs TP Link.)
For comparison, here's the Sm4sh version. Hate to say it but you've got a point - both TP and S4 Link have a rectangular belt buckle, they have thinner hair than SS, their blue armguards look the same, and they are both lefties as well. Good call there.
That's a good breakdown there. I'd say really the only thing that changed on Link from TP/Brawl to Smash 4 is whatever is up with his face in some of the screens.

Wasp

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3523-2036-8883
I like this AT... hope it's also on wii u version.

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I don't remember them causing much trouble at all in Ocarina of Time. Other than taking Impa, the boss battle was so easy I actually leaned in at the end and was like "Alright. Now where is the real challenge? No? Okay." It was a let down compared to the clever puzzles in the temple itself dealing with symmetry and what not. Still a cool addition though. Looks like its a stage hazard that will be 3DS exclusive.
I think you mean they took Nobooru...

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I like this AT... hope it's also on wii u version.
It's most likely a Gerudo Valley stage hazard considering both are from the Zelda franchise, they were encountered in the general area of Gerudo Valley, and there is no mention of them being an Assist Trophy. Sakurai usually says whether it will be an Assist Trophy or not. Multiple times actually.

Last edited:

Time/SpaceMage

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0190-1986-7622
That's a good breakdown there. I'd say really the only thing that changed on Link from TP/Brawl to Smash 4 is whatever is up with his face in some of the screens.
Thanks. Do you have any good examples of his face changing? I'm thinking it might be due to early development.

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
Thanks. Do you have any good examples of his face changing? I'm thinking it might be due to early development.
I'll dive into his pics over on the fan site, (feel free to do the same yourself: http://smashbros-miiverse.com/) but you're right, I'm not sure I've seen a "weird face Link" i n recent pics.

Time/SpaceMage

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0190-1986-7622
I'll dive into his pics over on the fan site, (feel free to do the same yourself: http://smashbros-miiverse.com/) but you're right, I'm not sure I've seen a "weird face Link" i n recent pics.
Thanks, just found out about that site; it's really handy. (Sorry for the delay - my pizza arrived! :D ) I'll browse through there too, though it's harder to check pic-heavy sites on my phone.

While I'm at it, I was thinking of the earlier topic of the two Smash games getting different release dates. If that happened it would make me wonder if they were planning on patching the game, or just adapting the feedback/bugs of the first release to the second. For the record, the 3DS does have a history of patch updates, and I see through a quick search that the Wii U has done this as well. So, I hope they are willing to do this to make the games more enjoyable.

King Kazma

Smash Rookie
I think since Zelda got the TP redesign, Ganondorf will get the same.

I do think after seeing this, we might possibly see OoT Ganondorf as a costume.
That would be cool, and if he is confirmed maybe you'll be able to do more than just charge when he turns into Ganon.

Depster

Smash Champion
Wrong again! Wasn't an opinion.

Definitely leaving towards those two being a stage hazard, but the assist trophy idea would be cool too. Definitely too obscure to be an ice climbers - like playable character though, I think.

Last edited:
S

Sharic X

Wrong again! Wasn't an opinion.

Definitely leaving towards those two being a stage hazard, but the assist trophy idea would be cool too. Definitely too obscure to be an ice climbers - like playable character though, I think.
Plus. Out of all the Zelda characters, why make them playable? Even the addition of Classic Link would be better than these two.

Classic Link could have stuff like his items, like the Fire, Ice and Sand Rods and his Hammer as well. Tornado Rod could be his Up+B and for a Smash Ball, he can turn into a painting a shoot Light Arrows.

Top Bottom