• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash WiiU & 3DS Miiverse Daily Pic - March 25th

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
The REAL new thing about this Update, ignoring our first Pic showing the complete lack of Outlines, is that 3D has finally been confirmed. :)

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
Because they weren't gonna put that in a first party 3DS title
You saw what happend to Pokémon XY. If they had trouble with 3D, it's VERY possible they had trouble with 3D in Smash, a very fast, frantic game with four players, items, final smashes, etc, on screen at the same time.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
You saw what happend to Pokémon XY. If they had trouble with 3D, it's VERY possible they had trouble with 3D in Smash, a very fast, frantic game with four players, items, final smashes, etc, on screen at the same time.
Sakurai's been working on this Smash for YEARS, Pokemon X and Y were rushed, I don't see what you're concerned about

Aguki90

Smash Ace
NNID
Aguki900
3DS FC
2423-2759-1478
I dont kwon, my eyes suck too much, I think Im gonna use the outline version better because is look, kinda see more details and the characters.

After all this one interesting post and the big potential of customization. I hope more in the future. Like online progile...

Norm

Smash Lord
NNID
Sheldon86
I can't see myself turning it off I like the black lines here with how small the characters are going to be on screen it'll definitely help them stand out. Though it's cool they give the option.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
Sakurai's been working on this Smash for YEARS, Pokemon X and Y were rushed, I don't see what you're concerned about
I... what? I said I was happy it's een confirmed since I thought it had been said it as confirmed to NOT exist. Never said I was concerned.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
I think they look better without the outlines. The outlines makes it look too cartoony
Well, to be fair, Cartoony kinda fits Smash. XD But I know what you mean.
I like how they both look, but I will probably use Outlines more than without.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
I... what? I said I was happy it's een confirmed since I thought it had been said it as confirmed to NOT exist. Never said I was concerned.
You've said that post like you were worried about the 3D feature being lame like it was for the Pokemon games. Sakurai's had a lot of time to fix things like that.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
You've said that post like you were worried about the 3D feature being lame like it was for the Pokemon games. Sakurai's had a lot of time to fix things like that.
lol, I didn't mean it like that at all. I meant, I was sure Sakurai would completely leave 3D out if it didn't work smoothly (if it would cause any sort of lag, I am sure he would consider it gone, since lag in a game like Smash is a big deal), and since I had Heard that it WOULD be gone, I just assumed it was. So I was happy to see those people that told me proven wrong.
I've never expected the 3D in Smash to be Pokémon-laggy.

ObsidianSkin

Smash Rookie
From a blind dude perspective like myself who cant see things far away or near to me without glasses, the left is cool if i got the 3ds super close to my face and the outlines are great if your playing with the screen farther away from my face.

Vision problems :rob:
I feel you, bro. Just got my glasses recently, and I hope they'll help. Usually, I'm fine with 2D planes, so either way, it shouldn't be a problem. (I have both Hyperopia and Myopia, so they kinda balance out. Going without glasses for almost 14 years can do that to ya. :rob:)

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
lol, I didn't mean it like that at all. I meant, I was sure Sakurai would completely leave 3D out if it didn't work smoothly (if it would cause any sort of lag, I am sure he would consider it gone, since lag in a game like Smash is a big deal), and since I had Heard that it WOULD be gone, I just assumed it was. So I was happy to see those people that told me proven wrong.
I've never expected the 3D in Smash to be Pokémon-laggy.
Oh, ok, now I get it

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
Actually, if that's the outlines at max thickness I gotta say that they are a lot less noticeable then I expected. Which could be either a good or bad thing I guess?

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
Mr.Game&Watch would look a little bigger if the outlines on him are black, if he returns that is.
I've wondered about that. Maybe they'll give him a white outline. Or yeah, just assume that people won't lose track of walking blackness.

TubbyK

Smash Rookie
Both games look amazing but probably looking forward to the wii u one the most :)

Ryu_Ken

Ace Adventurer and Truth Seeker
NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
Cool. This might help us shoot some interesting in-game photos (if photo taking is confirmed, which probably will).

Road Death Wheel

Smash Champion
NNID
Kairos-Xman
3DS FC
2406-5636-9789
here this talk about how small there going to be but i don't think its gunna be to much a problem since in 1 vs 1 it zooms in anyway but 4 players i can see there being confusion.

BladerDaBrawler

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BL4D3R
3DS FC
3239-3576-1305
Idk about the outlines, but I love the new nametags! Wonder if you can change the color of your nametag if you have a custom name....

DrizzyDrew

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-3772-7996-8482
I am going no black outlines. The models looks surprisingly good. Should I get a 3DS for this game. I really want an excuse to get a 3DS. CONVINCE ME INTERNET!

DrizzyDrew

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-3772-7996-8482
Bravely Deafult, Luigi's Mansion, Megaten IV, Animal Crossing, Pokemon X/Y, and most importantly, Zelda: A Link Between Worlds.
from past experience I can see myself playing pokemon and zelda. I have no idea what to expect from the others. I do want that gold zelda 3ds. comes with zelda and i could get a free pokemon code if i register the 3ds...hmmm. Have you tried mario kart 7? any good?

Surgeon

Smash Rookie
NNID
thefreakysurgeon
Now that I look at it again, the outlines are not as cartoony at all. I guess just at first glance it looks cel-shaded which immediately (mainly due to Wind Waker) gets registered as cartoony.
But the outlines are definitely useful. I would say when playing in 3D you wouldn't need them because of the contrast between foreground and background. In 2D it would make distinguishing a lot easier with them.
Truly, though, it all goes to personal preference. I wouldn't have them turned on, but then again I will most likely be getting the Wii U version

Top Bottom