• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash WiiU & 3DS Miiverse Daily Pic - June 2nd

Gimj

Smash Journeyman
You could actually go trough the Stretch Blocks in New Super Mario Bros. Wii. As for the Mega Urchins, I'm pretty sure that they'll be almost indestructible, since only invincibility can defeat them in their game appearances.

Oh that's good news, hope you're right! Haven't played NSMB much, don't own a copy as of now.

However, the Mega Urchin still seems to pose a problem as a stage hazard though.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I like this stage a lot! I love the light atmosphere of it. Here's to hoping that areas such Frosted Glacier, Soda Jungle, and such. There are some great worlds in that game!

Wasp

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3523-2036-8883
You mean the same physics that allows characters to drop through seemingly solid platforms?

People will complain about anything...
No i didn't meant those... I was talking about how mario's chin goes through his shoulder or how marth's tanooki tail goes through his cape and more things like these.
Dropping through platforms is part of the game but these physics errors are just modelissuesthat need some correction imo

Gef

Smash Cadet
I don't think this will be competitively viable. Those Mario blocks in the first pic look solid; meaning you can probably bounce off the bottom. Like in the ones in Melee.

The second pic has that spiked thing which most likely deals damage, so...I do like the stage though, I feel like I'll be playing on it a lot.

(Being as negative as possible till E3 so I can create perfect hype for myself by postulating worst-case scenarios)
You're my spirit animal

ITALIAN N1NJA

Smash Ace
NNID
ITALIAN_N1NJA
3DS FC
3368-3413-2021
I'm curious. So when rules are laid out for competitive play for this game, if you decide to ban Final Destination, does that ban all Final Destination form stages as well?

Sqa$

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bazaar
I'm curious. So when rules are laid out for competitive play for this game, if you decide to ban Final Destination, does that ban all Final Destination form stages as well?
I would have to assume that is a yes. Otherwise, banning FD is completely futile. At least, that'd my hope that they will do it.

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
I would have to assume that is a yes. Otherwise, banning FD is completely futile. At least, that'd my hope that they will do it.
I'd assume that one FD will be made the "standard" one. Probably whichever model most closely mirror's the nature of the Melee FD's walls. Having more than one version of one of the most polarizing stages in the game legal would make for terrible gameplay.

The U title already has BF, Animal City, FD, Pilot Wings, Halberd, and Skyloft just from what is shown already. The DS title has a similar array of acceptable stages.

Top Bottom