• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash WiiU & 3DS Miiverse Daily Pic - July 24th

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Ya'll talkin' about Lucina being too tall (even though she fits well enough).

But are none of you going to talk about the elephant in the room?

Last edited:

MugenLord

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MugenLord
3DS FC
4339-2485-7226
It has nothing to do with Spirit Tracks or Zelda lore. The joke is about he replaces Conductor Link on the train when Toon Link is being played as, when a lot of people thought Tink wouldn't be playable because of the conductor. So now people make jokes about how he can't replace other characters that are thought to be deconfirmed, like Ridley or Chrom.

I know it has nothing to do with the lore, I am talking about his name. I had no idea who everyone was referring to when they say Alfonzo. Yes now that I recall the first screenshot about the spirit tracks stage he replaces Toon Link.

jigglover

Smash Lord
That's not the background??? Maybe I'm squinting too hard (or maybe I really don't want another walk off stage :) )
No you're totally right, that grass is clearly in the background lol. This is basically Luigi's Mansion from Brawl in terms of layout, thouogh, except no walk off and no destroying the rooms, which is boring.

Just be sure not to have only Gay Miis on your 3DS, because Tomodachi Life rejects them!

4cast

Smash Ace
NNID
luma77
3DS FC
4511-0457-7629
I doubt its a fall off stage since in the game there is Grass on the right side

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
I mean, it's sort of filler because we've already seen the stage, but it's kind of not filler because it's never been fully shown.

Still, I'm enjoying stage week.

Shaymin slicker

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Shadowshaymin
3DS FC
1547-5202-1903
Kinda like Luigis mansion only without pits, and all the destructible material. I hope those aren't walk offs.

itsameluigi1290

Smash Journeyman
NNID
luigitime1290
I wonder if I'll be able to see Zelda and Aonuma fight in the background...

And then later he'll propose.

But probably not.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

Found this posted on a forum.

Looks like Brawl stages are possible on 3DS.

Sqa$

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bazaar
I keep looking at the bottom right room and thinking "My god, that looks like the CEO ring at the CEO 2014 tournament. Nintendo shoutouts?"

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
I keep looking at the bottom right room and thinking "My god, that looks like the CEO ring at the CEO 2014 tournament. Nintendo shoutouts?"
That's an actual background you can use for rooms in Tomodachi Life, which released before CEO 2014, so there isn't any possible connection.

LF2K

Floor Diver
OK, the residents better not complain about having a "huge fight" with each other now. :glare:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Funny this picture came out today, I was gifted the Welcome Edition of Tomodachi Life!

I'm making a bunch of Miis right now for it.

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
Lucina is a Marth clone, why are people excited for her?:013:
It's more about the character. I mean we have tons of emotionless hero characters in smash, but Lucina is a emotionless hero character with daddy issues. I mean that's not much, but that's way more creative writing than anyone and anything else in Awakening. #Shotsfired

Last edited:

Pikmin1211

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Pikmin1211
3DS FC
0044-3220-8865
So... counterpick? Maybe. Though having 2 full stage sized platforms above seems a little polarizing.

N7S

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NathanSovik
image.jpg
Just imagine all the Villager Miis. Staring at you menacingly while you fight.

Wasp

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3523-2036-8883
i guess the mii's appearting in the house will be a mix when going online?

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
I never realized before that Yoshi was actually in this picture.

All of a sudden, I'm reminded of the wailing from the fanbase when this stage was revealed on Yoshi's New Island release date instead of him. And Sakurai laughing from somewhere in the distance.

Minty_

Smash Apprentice
I don't believe this is a walk-off stage. The building is more than three stories tall - we just fight on the three (presumably). It's a tall apartment building - just look at the fire escape on the left side - it continues below the lowest floor we can see. The grassy hill, fence and tree on the right are clearly part of the background scenery.

I can completely see this stage being legal in (almost) every tournament. It seems quite simple and non-hazardous with no random elements that affect gameplay in any manner. It's simply a FD-esque base with three stage-length drop-through platorms stacked on top of each other. The little mechanic with rooms hiding when nobody is in them will be mostly irrelevant, but fun with things like bananas and other psuedo-items (as well as projectiles in a limited sense). The only problem might be promoting campiness - it would seeem relatively easy for some characters to play keep-away. But most characters have enough dash speed and/or projectiles to make it a non-issue.

So far one of the most interesting competative stages revealed on the 3DS. ♡

DavemanCozy

Smash Photographer
NNID
CavemanCossy
3DS FC
0216-1810-7681
What if the house is destructible like Luigi's Mansion? Does that mean my friends Mii's are now homeless?

B.A.M.

Smash Lord
NNID
Bambatta
I don't believe this is a walk-off stage. The building is more than three stories tall - we just fight on the three (presumably). It's a tall apartment building - just look at the fire escape on the left side - it continues below the lowest floor we can see. The grassy hill, fence and tree on the right are clearly part of the background scenery.

I can completely see this stage being legal in (almost) every tournament. It seems quite simple and non-hazardous with no random elements that affect gameplay in any manner. It's simply a FD-esque base with three stage-length drop-through platorms stacked on top of each other. The little mechanic with rooms hiding when nobody is in them will be mostly irrelevant, but fun with things like bananas and other psuedo-items (as well as projectiles in a limited sense). The only problem might be promoting campiness - it would seeem relatively easy for some characters to play keep-away. But most characters have enough dash speed and/or projectiles to make it a non-issue.

So far one of the most interesting competative stages revealed on the 3DS. ♡
No no and no. Plus if you're going to make a facade about competitive stages at least spell it right.

L9999

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3780-9480-2428
This stage better be legal, we only have Final Destination, Battlefield, Arena Ferox, Prism Tower and Tortimer Island playable with no disruptions.

DavemanCozy

Smash Photographer
NNID
CavemanCossy
3DS FC
0216-1810-7681
This stage better be legal, we only have Final Destination, Battlefield, Arena Ferox, Prism Tower and Tortimer Island playable with no disruptions.
That's as many stages that are legal in Melee, not counting counterpicks. That's not bad at all if that is the final stage list, but more would be nice.

Gabukin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Gabukin
I like this PotD. I was a little annoyed with the star fox stage reveal because it didn't show how the stage would look but this one gives a look at what the stage will look like when playing on it!

Sonovin

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Sonovin
3DS FC
2466-3203-5587
To me, it feels like just a 3 layer platform stage with a niffy background.

I wonder if there will be any random event or stage hazards, if not, then it seems it's made to be simple.

Top Bottom