• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash WiiU & 3DS Miiverse Daily Pic - July 1st

TheLightningGamer

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1375-7316-4338
Wow! There are two alternate costumes for Mac?! I wonder who else will have alternate costumes, let alone two!

2ndComing

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LazyAnmtoR
It depends on how he meant it. He may refer to a simple blue palette swap for Link as an "alt costume". And technically, that is true.

However, I only consider actual model changes as "alt costumes", like this Hoodie Mac. Wireframe Mac is simply a texture swap.
Well its not really about what you consider, not to be rude. Sakurai showed it as an alt and for all you know, the model is different because he is a wire frame.

Brady5953

Smash Rookie
Little Mac's final smash should have been him turning into Mike Tyson.
That would let alone be disturbing, but then we'd have only one option to fight: Biting people's ears off.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Well its not really about what you consider, not to be rude. Sakurai showed it as an alt and for all you know, the model is different because he is a wire frame.
Yes it is, because there's no rule saying mere colour/texture swaps actually have to be referred to as alternative costumes, since "colour/texture swaps" actually define them much better. To me, it's only an alt costume if the actual model is different, like with Hoodie Mac (who will have a slightly different entrance animation too).

And no, he isn't a different model.

-The wireframe skin is just recoloured green skin, with the opacity in some areas greatly reduced, making it possible to see through.
-Lack of face is simply removing his eye texture, eye brow texture, and lip texture. He still has his facial features modeled in though, you can see it in his 5000x5000 render.
-His hair and clothes are just cel-shaded to give that effect of a more limited colour range.

MP8

Smash Journeyman
That would let alone be disturbing, but then we'd have only one option to fight: Biting people's ears off.
Only if the opponent is Evander Hollyfield. lol. But in my defense, it would pay tribute to the man of whom's name the original Punch Out game had borne. One right hook is an automatic stock. ._.

Uffe

Smash Hero
Still waiting for that Fusion Suit Samus. I saw a color palette of it in a demo, but I'd like to actually see the alternate design itself. I really like Lil Mac's alts, though.

Sahfarry

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2750-1620-0068
I think that I'm the only person who realises that Wireframe Mac is just a texture swap like the American colours one, and not a fully fledged alt costume. Seriously, why has this not dawned on anyone?

So really, this hoodie Alt is his only one so far.

It's great that even colour swaps have more to them now, though.
I actually made a thread about this a while back and people still argued against me lol.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Still waiting for my 'Super Punch-Out!!' reskin.
PREACH!

Add this one, and it's all perfect.

Man, Little Mac has a lot of recolors.

-Default green (Confirmed)
-Major Circuit
-World Circuit (Confirmed)
-Title Defense (Confirmed)
-Player Two
-NES Glitch (Confirmed)
-Wireframe (Confirmed)
-Green hair
-SNES Mac

And now
-Pink Hoodie

Ferio_Kun

Smash Journeyman
The thing I like most about this, is that it means the demo version didn't showcase all of the color swaps potentially! So we may actually see a few more per character!

Hong

The Strongest
The thing I like most about this, is that it means the demo version didn't showcase all of the color swaps potentially! So we may actually see a few more per character!
Of course. They only had four per character so the demo would have the bare minimum needed to function in the most obscure of circumstances.

Everyone in Brawl had at least six palettes, so I expect the same here.

Gengar84

Smash Hero
Sonicbrawler182, I believe you are completely right. I've noticed this since it was first revealed as well. My experience making Brawl mods probably helped a bit in realizing that this could easily be done with a simple texture.

camzaman

Smash Journeyman
As long as Jigglypuff gets the ninja headband back, all will be well. I was at E3 and it wasn't in the demo….

Gengar84

Smash Hero
It does make me wonder why the stuck with a simple texture edit for SS Link instead of giving him a full fledged alternate outfit. Hopefully Link gets some actual alts like his Zora and Magic tunics from TP or Fierce Diety Link.

Norm

Smash Lord
NNID
Sheldon86
I would love to see more alternate costumes for the vets being shown off. I know they had the Skyward Sword look on Link but was still more of a recolour of what he already had on. It wasn't a full blown alt costume. I'm loving the alternate costumes they're showing off. It seems like they're only being applied to the new characters though.

I really can't see that being the case mind you if they're making alts for some. I would like to think they're making alternates for all. I just would like a little more confirmation I suppose haha.

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
That looks pretty cool. Good to know there will be a lot more alternate costumes than I originally assumed. Here's hoping for Dr. Mario, Dr. Luigi, Mr. L, Outset Toon Link, Princess Hilda, ZSS in civilian clothes (from Other M), Mrs. Pac Man, and helmet-less Mega Man.

Sqa$

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bazaar
So his intro is him taking off his pink sweatsuit before starting. I think he'll have a different intro for this costume, or more hilariously, he will take off his sweatsuit to reveal another sweatsuit.

NNID
Majorasmask66
Last tuesday we saw a alternate costume reveal for link. this tuesday we saw an alternate costume reveal for little mac. while i dont have alot to base this off of, we may be getting costume reveals every tuesday.

Top Bottom