• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash WiiU & 3DS Miiverse Daily Pic - July 1st

Ragna22

Smash Ace

Because his stage entrance animation.
Maybe his stage intro changes to just rewinding the animation so it looks like Little Mac is just summoning the jacket, but it'd be more dynamic like the way Dante puts his jacket on in the beginning of Devil May Cry 3.

2ndComing

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LazyAnmtoR
Yes it is, because there's no rule saying mere colour/texture swaps actually have to be referred to as alternative costumes, since "colour/texture swaps" actually define them much better. To me, it's only an alt costume if the actual model is different, like with Hoodie Mac (who will have a slightly different entrance animation too).

And no, he isn't a different model.

-The wireframe skin is just recoloured green skin, with the opacity in some areas greatly reduced, making it possible to see through.
-Lack of face is simply removing his eye texture, eye brow texture, and lip texture. He still has his facial features modeled in though, you can see it in his 5000x5000 render.
-His hair and clothes are just cel-shaded to give that effect of a more limited colour range.
Yea, I guess you have me there but like I said, regardless of what you really say, it is an alternate constume. The model however is different, if only slightly.

It was made as one and that's basically what it is. also go look at some Mahvel costumes. There is one for Deadpool (the only one I really know and remember) where he has a silver surfer look. That is an alt costume and its purely textures

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Yea, I guess you have me there but like I said, regardless of what you really say, it is an alternate constume. The model however is different, if only slightly.

It was made as one and that's basically what it is. also go look at some Mahvel costumes. There is one for Deadpool (the only one I really know and remember) where he has a silver surfer look. That is an alt costume and its purely textures
Again, this is all down to your preferred semantics, there is no objectivity to this. I prefer to only refer to actually different models as "alternative costumes", because referring to simple texture swaps and colour swaps as such is grouping too much together. I do it for the sake of distinction.

However, Wireframe Mac is still not a different model. It is literally the exact same model with different textures. Even his vest is still on the Wireframe Model, it simply blends in:

Brady5953

Smash Rookie
Only if the opponent is Evander Hollyfield. lol. But in my defense, it would pay tribute to the man of whom's name the original Punch Out game had borne. One right hook is an automatic stock. ._.
Actually, the FIRST Punch Out!! was an arcade game that played just like the NES punch out, but had less characters. Mike Tyson wasn't in the Original. Each hook would only remove one stock if it's in the first minuet! :D

Last edited:

MP8

Smash Journeyman
Actually, the FIRST Punch Out!! was an arcade game that played just like the NES punch out, but had less characters. Mike Tyson wasn't in the Original. Each hook would only remove one stock if it's in the first minuet! :D
Ah, ok. I didn't know about the arcade game. I guess when it hit consoles, Mike Tyson had a partnership or some kind of license set up with Nintendo to help promote the game at the time. I do know that Nintendo discontinued their partnership with him because of his arrest charges at the time or something like that.

But yeah that's true. More like the first 20 seconds actually. x_x

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
Again, this is all down to your preferred semantics, there is no objectivity to this. I prefer to only refer to actually different models as "alternative costumes", because referring to simple texture swaps and colour swaps as such is grouping too much together. I do it for the sake of distinction.

However, Wireframe Mac is still not a different model. It is literally the exact same model with different textures. Even his vest is still on the Wireframe Model, it simply blends in:

I think it could be considered an alt IF the eye polygons are removed entirely. It would technically be considered an alt since it's different from the original model. The same applies to Rosalina / The Cosmic Spirit I mentioned before. If the eye polygons are removed, leaving it as a smooth surface, it's an alt.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I think it could be considered an alt IF the eye polygons are removed entirely. It would technically be considered an alt since it's different from the original model. The same applies to Rosalina / The Cosmic Spirit I mentioned before. If the eye polygons are removed, leaving it as a smooth surface, it's an alt.
Except neither Rosalina or Mac have eye polygons to begin with, they clearly just have a texture due to their cartoon-ish faces. Especially noticeable in the renders I just posted, and in the following screenshot:

And in Rosie's case:

L9999

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3780-9480-2428
Oh my,ad decent pic of the day post-E3?! Is Sakurai going on the right direction? Or is he trolling again? :(

Last edited:

Wasp

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3523-2036-8883
Oh my,ad decent pic of the day post-E3?! Is Sakurai going on the right direction? Or is he trolling again? :(
well, it certainly is a fact we have pink hoodie Little Mac... How is that trolling? =)

Last edited:

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
I know it'd look weird, but I don't want the animation to change when he's wearing this alt. I want to see him toss off the pink sweatsuit only to have another pink sweatsuit underneath.

Seriously though, this would be awesome.

Haydossy

Smash Journeyman
The OP missed, Sakurai's extra comment:

"Looks like some of you noticed that this version of Little Mac wasn't shown at E3. There are many things, like Link's Skyward Sword tunic design I posted earlier, that haven't been revealed yet."
But the Skyward Sword tunic has been shown yet.. unless that was work in progress and they are removing the cap!

Still waiting for this Mac, plus Doc.
Magic rubbing power included?

Little Mac's final smash should have been him turning into Mike Tyson.
You're probably kidding, but there are copyrights and a whole lot of legal junk so that could never happen.

MP8

Smash Journeyman
You're probably kidding, but there are copyrights and a whole lot of legal junk so that could never happen.
It is the internet and I could just claim seriousness on this absurd suggestion for the so called "lulz". However, that would not be consistent with my character. Of course I'm kidding, man.

CardiganBoy

Smash Lord
Don't question it, pink is always cool.
On the other hand i would really love if every other character gets at least one alt. costume.

RedFly

Smash Lord
NNID
RedFlyNinja
3DS FC
0018-1836-2825
"You fight great Mac, But I'm a great fighter."

Man, I love when color swaps and alt.costumes make canon sense.
All that's missing now is Snes Little Mac color swap!
Sakurai has been paying a lot of attention to Little Mac!
That's not Little Mac, And costumes can't be different characters.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
That's not Little Mac, And costumes can't be different characters.

Yeah about that...

Featuring the tight game play and humor the series is known for, this sequel to the NES classic sees Little Mac return to the ring with the World Video Boxing Association belt once again at stake. Slug your way through the grueling, sweat-pounding matches of the Minor, Major, and World Circuits as you face off against some of Little Mac’s greatest rivals like Bear Hugger, Bald Bull, and Super Macho Man. With a cast of new challengers waiting, do you have what it takes to identify their unique patterns and exploit their weaknesses? Go to your corner and come out fighting, but remember what Doc Louis would say, "It’s not about brawling—it’s about finesse!"
Source - Super Punch Out! on the Official Nintendo Site.

And one more thing.
Little Mac already has a recolor based after another character anyway.

(Not to mention Blood Falcon, Waluigi, Fuel, Claus, Dark Pit, Popo<>Nana, and several more recolors based on other characters)

Last edited:

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Yeah about that...

Source - Super Punch Out! on the Official Nintendo Site.

And one more thing.
Little Mac already has a recolor based after another character anyway.

(Not to mention Blood Falcon, Waluigi, Fuel, Claus, Dark Pit, Popo<>Nana, and several more recolors based on other characters)
Hold the phone!

If Super Punch-Out has Little Mac going back into the ring, does that mean that this guy is Old Little Mac?!?

I want Old Mac as a 3rd Costume.

Reality_Ciak

Smash Ace
Give us a nod to the Super Punch Out protagonist and you will successfully fully satisfied my Punch Out needs. Besides a boss, that is.

RedFly

Smash Lord
NNID
RedFlyNinja
3DS FC
0018-1836-2825
but still it's called Wii Fit Trainer, so it is possible to do so.
Yeah, That's an easy way to explain an alt's chances.
Villager (Female Rendition)
Villager (Female Rendition)
Villager (Male Rendition)
Villager (Male Rendtion)
Wii Fit Trainer (Female Rendition)
Wii Fit Trainer (Male Rendition)
Wario (Plumber)
Wario (Biker)
Little Mac (NES)
Little Mac (Arcade)

bkslider

Smash Journeyman
Manliest pink sweatshirt ever. So excited to play as Little Mac.

Top Bottom