• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash WiiU & 3DS Miiverse Daily Pic - July 14th

Most peculiar! I guess we'll be seeing third-party characters as trophies, probably as some kind of promotional deal.

I appreciate the anecdote about how this trophy came to be, but it seems like Sakurai was ignoring the bigger question everyone would have.

thebadlamp

Smash Apprentice
NNID
thebadlamp2
3DS FC
0963-0296-0917
Wow! That came out of nowhere and for some reason I have a feeling that Rayman might be today's reveal I mean think about it, Ubisoft made a brand new model to make sure Sakurai did it right. ALSO THE ROSTER WAS DECIDED WHEN LEGENDS WAS A WII U EXCUSIVE!

~CoCo

Smash Cadet
EVERYONE PLEASE, ALL OF THIS CAN BE RESOLVED WITHOUT ANY VIOLENCE....

What I propose is that we all should hold hands and make a bonfire and just pray that all of this is just lies...

and after all of that we can all enjoy some roasted marshmallows...What do y'all say :-D

thebadlamp

Smash Apprentice
NNID
thebadlamp2
3DS FC
0963-0296-0917
Wow! That came out of nowhere and for some reason I have a feeling that Rayman might be today's reveal I mean think about it, Ubisoft made a brand new model to make sure Sakurai did it right. ALSO THE ROSTER WAS DECIDED WHEN LEGENDS WAS A WII U EXCUSIVE!
EDIT: Read how he said in "order to make raymans trophy" he normaly says "***** Joins the trophy collection" He just says it so casually like he was announced to be playable...

Ragna22

Smash Ace
Bomber man deserves some fame
Yeah we can have the four Men of video games. MegaMan, Pac-Man, BomberMan and RayMan.

Megaman will feel right at home too cause three characters would have "Man" at the end of their name.

Sababu

Smash Cadet
NNID
Sababu1
wait WHAT

THE CHARACTER REVEAL DIDNT EVEN HAPPEN AND NOW WE JUST GOT RAYMAN SLAPPED AT OUR FACE!?

I know its a trophy but DAMN that came out of nowhere.

Even with the Gematsu leak Sakurai still knows how to ruse us.
Rayman is gonna be announced very soon. No one saw this coming.

Kirby98

Smash Cadet
Hey guys, well at least Rayman won't be the character today so please let me know when Balloon Fighter or Chrom makes it in! lol.

The Original Robot boy

Smash Champion
NNID
AzureXeire
3DS FC
0173-2317-7445
Smash WiiU & 3DS director Masahiro Sakurai says "Pic of the day. In order to make Rayman's trophy, we asked Ubisoft to share their references. We were expecting to receive 2D drawing references for Rayman, but to our surprise, they sent us data of a brand new 3D model that they rendered for this game!! And that was how this trophy was created. It takes a lot of work creating each model, so it's wonderful that the creators contributed their own efforts!!"

What if it's jade

Tweedle

Smash Apprentice
Oh my, As someone who played the Original Rayman as a child and the 3D games, And still does from time to time, I'd really appreciate his inclusion as a Fighter and I feel like it'd make this game even more amazing.
Just the inclusion of him as a Trophy is amazing though, and increases his chances for Smash 5, If that will ever be a thing.

Edit: Also the horribleness of wanting Ridley to be the one announced because it'd make so many people happy, Or wanting it to be Rayman because it'd make me happy.

Last edited:

Ragna22

Smash Ace
Also if Rayman IS playable, his Smash Run enemy has gotta be one of the robot pirates from Rayman 2.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Also if Rayman IS playable, his Smash Run enemy has gotta be one of the robot pirates from Rayman 2.
Nah, he should hop on Moskito and then wreck everyone's ****.

Ragna22

Smash Ace
Rayman is gonna be announced very soon. No one saw this coming.
As much as I'd love for it to happen, I don't see Rayman being today's reveal, Sakurai's the kind of guy who'll toy with us with this kind of information until he feels like he disabled a couple million brain cells in the world.

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
Start hashing out the names of 3rd parties who would make rad trophies!

Ryu (Street Fighter)
Job Classes (Final Fantasy)
Agnes Oblige (Bravely Deault)
NiGHTS (NiGHTS into Dreams)
The Jack Bros. (Shin Megami Tensei)
Princess Momohime & Jinkuro (Muramsa: The Demon Blades)
Travis Touchdown (No More Heroes)

thebadlamp

Smash Apprentice
NNID
thebadlamp2
3DS FC
0963-0296-0917
Wasn't this not the case with the Mega Man X trophy like two weeks ago?
As much as people wanted X this is different, would Sakurai go to Ubisoft, asked if Rayman could be a trophy and Ubisoft was so happy that they decided to make a model of Rayman DESPITE them already saying how expensive making models are.

Gatoray

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Gatoray
3DS FC
3024-5880-3045
BANJO AND KAZOOIE CONFIRMED SMASH 4 PLAYABLE CHARACTER. <----- This is seeming a lot more probable now.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Wasn't this not the case with the Mega Man X trophy like two weeks ago?
X is already a NPC and a part of Mega Man's final smash.

X is from the Mega Man series, similar to Tails, a Brawl NPC, is from Sonic.

This is the first time a 3rd party character from a series without a playable character has gotten a trophy.

(before you say Wonder Red, The Wonder 101 IP is owned by Nintendo and is a 2nd party)

Hoser

Smash Ace
After seeing this picture, I can't help but feel like Rayman would make a great alternate costume for Game and Watch.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
BANJO AND KAZOOIE CONFIRMED SMASH 4 PLAYABLE CHARACTER. <----- This is seeming a lot more probable now.
Not really? Banjo and Kazooie are properties of Microsoft, one of the big three, so the chances of them appearing in Smash are next to none (unless Nintendo buy the characters back).

Ubisoft, Capcom and SEGA are third party companies. It is different.

Oops!

Smash Apprentice
NNID
aguyudontknow
3DS FC
1693-1719-9908
Slim chances, but picking a main is going to be so much harder if Rayman's playable. I friggin' love Rayman. DLC anyone? :grin:

Gatoray

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Gatoray
3DS FC
3024-5880-3045
Not really? Banjo and Kazooie are properties of Microsoft, one of the big three, so the chances of them appearing in Smash are next to none (unless Nintendo buy the characters back).

Ubisoft, Capcom and SEGA are third party companies. It is different.
Sakurai, during a visit to Nintendo of America in Washington, went on a secret mission to infiltrate Microsoft and free all of Rare's characters from their torture chamber.

VioletSmashfan

Smash Ace
NNID
SVPfan89
3DS FC
2964-9317-6440
Was hoping to get something like a basic pic showing 1 of the newcomer's moves, and then this drops in out of nowhere.

Hate to say it, but Rayman is going to be playable, so much for the 3 3rd Party character limit Sakurai, although Shulk is still possible.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
We were expecting to receive 2D drawing references for Rayman, but to our surprise, they sent us data of a brand new 3D model that they rendered for this game!!
Translation: "Please, put our Rayman in the game. Here, we're giving you a brand new 3D render to make it easier for you guys!"

-

That said...

RAYMAN TROPHY!!!! :D :D :D
I'm loving this character and his games. Confirmed for SSB5 perhaps?

Hope to see more 3rd party trophies. Crossing fingers for Simon Belmont (NES render) and retro costume Ryu Hayabusa!

Last edited:

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
What just hit me!? That was so ****ing left field, it feels like I got clocked by a damn baseball!!

BADGRAPHICS

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2406-5113-4228
Was hoping to get something like a basic pic showing 1 of the newcomer's moves, and then this drops in out of nowhere.

Hate to say it, but Rayman is going to be playable, so much for the 3 3rd Party character limit Sakurai, although Shulk is still possible.
Other character trophies are made using their in-game models. Why would Rayman be the exception? I think a different Ubisoft character might be playable, but it's possible this has nothing to do with the character reveal.

AquaDork1

Smash Apprentice
So does this mean Bayonetta will get a trophy too? and Professor Layton?

Last edited:

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
X is already a NPC and a part of Mega Man's final smash.

X is from the Mega Man series, similar to Tails, a Brawl NPC, is from Sonic.

This is the first time a 3rd party character from a series without a playable character has gotten a trophy.

(before you say Wonder Red, The Wonder 101 IP is owned by Nintendo and is a 2nd party)
Should've bolded the "Joins the collection" part. But that might be justified because it's literally a swapout of a partial in-game model.

Why there's no Ubisoft character is why Rayman here hit us like a brick.

Ragna22

Smash Ace
Damn, that is seriously cool! A lot of the trophy pics come across as fillers to me but I can definitely commend Sakurai for this little nugget. Now... how do we get the trophy?

inb4 requirement is beat Classic Mode on Intense with 1 stock.
You must defeat 50 wire frame fighters in multi-man Melee only with special attacks. Yes, you must go into the controller configuration screen and make every button into a special move button, no exception and it can only be done on a Thursday.

This reminds me of when it was rumored that an Ubisoft character would be playable in Brawl, though it never came to fruition - or just wasn't true in the first place. Have a gander.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Dammit Sakurai, why do you have to mess with our heads?!

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I woke up at four AM, groggy and ready for a road trip.

This woke me up quicker than any caffeine in the world could. Wait, what?

Top Bottom