• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash WiiU & 3DS Miiverse Daily Pic - January 27th

Smashboards

18 years old!
Administrator
Premium
Writing Team
Smash Wii U & 3DS director Masahiro Sakurai says "Pic of the day. Rosalina's down special move, tentatively called the Gravitational Pull, sucks up items and weapons. Weapons will be disabled when using this move, of course. You have to shake the Wii Remote to perform this move in Super Mario Galaxy, but you won't need to do that in this game."

Tepig2000

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2938-8785-9936
Nothing new in today's pic... we had seen that move before... the only thing we got was the confirmation that it is her down special.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
It'll be interesting to see what kind of projectiles this move can stop. If it can stop solid objects, I wonder if it'll redirect energy-based projectiles, such as Samus's Charge Shot.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
I was a little terrified when I saw " You have to shake the Wii Remote" and the rest was cut off.

Such relief.

Bombitty

Smash Cadet
Almost had a heart attack when the preview stopped at "You have to shake the Wii remote..."

I could just see them making motion controls mandatory.

KoRLumen

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KoRLumen
3DS FC
3437-3066-8679
Almost had a heart attack when the preview stopped at "You have to shake the Wii remote..."

Remember that "shake smash" thing for Brawl when you were using a Wiimote+Nunchuk?

Blegh.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
Remember that "shake smash" thing for Brawl when you were using a Wiimote+Nunchuk?

Blegh.
In my short romp with the 'chuck, it seemed to be more of a flick smash. If it was more accurate to the intention of the user (I got it to work well a few times), it would have been a nice alternative to the C-stick for aerial moves. It was, the few times it worked. I was able to retreat Fair with Marth, too bad it's not consistent, otherwise 'chuck might've been semi-viable. Nothing will replace the GC or classic controller in my heart, though.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
This could potentially make the MU for characters, like Link, Toon Link and (maybe) Peach a pain, as it pretty much cripples most of their projectile options.

Zeallyx

Fox mains get all the girlz
This could potentially make the MU for characters, like Link, Toon Link and (maybe) Peach a pain, as it pretty much cripples most of their projectile options.
Like one can't bait and punish Rosalina's Dspecial..

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Like one can't bait and punish Rosalina's Dspecial..
Mega Man could probably punish Rosalina's Gravitational Pull, seeing as his standard attack has projectile properties; he can move and attack at the same time. But all the other projectile users probably won't be so fortunate.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Best ignore the guy. He's either trolling, or being overzealous in expressing his opinions.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
not really. It was. Melee was so good and brawl was so slow and they took all ovf the skill out of the game. People that like brawl are not good at smash.
Keep in mind that you are talking to a mod, so continuing to do what you just did can get you banned.
And I like 64, Melee, AND Brawl.
True Smash fans don't nitpick one game, they appreciate them all.

Ulti-Bman

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0318-7834-6568
project m stinks. Not as fast as melee.
Last time I checked, Nintendo characters don't belong to the Sonic franchise. Speed =/= Competitive Balance and Ideal Mechanics

Project M worse than Melee? If you prefer unbalanced, jittery characters over refined gameplay, then be my guest. I think both games are fantastic, and I'm not saying you can't have an opinion, but you are mistaken if you think speed equals competitiveness. Project M isn't perfect either, but it's much more fair than Melee when it comes to competitive play. I also think Smash 4 will be even more balanced than P:M, and the new ledge controls update only further reinforces my point. Perhaps tier lists will be done away with for good.

Andrew McNamara

Banned via Warnings
Last time I checked, Nintendo characters don't belong to the Sonic franchise. Speed =/= Competitive Balance and Ideal Mechanics

Project M worse than Melee? If you prefer unbalanced, jittery characters over refined gameplay, then be my guest. I think both games are fantastic, and I'm not saying you can't have an opinion, but you are mistaken if you think speed equals competitiveness. Project M isn't perfect either, but it's much more fair than Melee when it comes to competitive play. I also think Smash 4 will be even more balanced than P:M, and the new ledge controls update only further reinforces my point. Perhaps tier lists will be done away with for good.
project M blows. Some nerdy guys made it

Andrew McNamara

Banned via Warnings
Keep in mind that you are talking to a mod, so continuing to do what you just did can get you banned.
And I like 64, Melee, AND Brawl.
True Smash fans don't nitpick one game, they appreciate them all.
only melee is good. Ban me. I dare you. I can just make a new account hahahahaha

Andrew McNamara

Banned via Warnings
It'll be interesting to see what kind of projectiles this move can stop. If it can stop solid objects, I wonder if it'll redirect energy-based projectiles, such as Samus's Charge Shot.
who the heck cares. That game will stink compared to melee. I don't think anyone should buy it befcause it is an inferior game compared to melee

Andrew McNamara

Banned via Warnings
I was a little terrified when I saw " You have to shake the Wii Remote" and the rest was cut off.

Such relief.
guess what? you should be terrified because the game will suck compared to melee. You cant even use a ganecube controller so it will suck. This game about to blow ow ow ow ow oooo oo ow

Andrew McNamara

Banned via Warnings
what the heck is wrong with my computer that it keeps going up and down and all around. MTG TOP DECKS TCGPLAYER

XenoUltra

Smash Rookie
NNID
Nin10doUltra
Switch FC
6286-4808-6298

Mandatory? No Sakurai wouldn't do that :facepalm:

2ndComing

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LazyAnmtoR
not really. It was. Melee was so good and brawl was so slow and they took all ovf the skill out of the game. People that like brawl are not good at smash.
I didn't mind your comments but i'm gonna say this. If you don't know how to play Brawl then keep your comments to yourself. Melee fans think its just fair to just trash Brawl and for what? Melee fans have no reason or right to do so and neither do brawl fans.

Play your damn game and if you want to be a fan-boy who most likely can't play at a good enough level to beat even the newest of Melee players then shut it man.

Brawlers are smashers too and should be treated as such

Top Bottom