• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash WiiU & 3DS Miiverse Daily Pic - February 24th

Smashboards

18 years old!
Administrator
Premium
Writing Team
Smash Wii U & 3DS director Masahiro Sakurai says "The twin rocketbarrels are back, now with the ability to launch along more horizontal trajectories. They can also come off when opponents hit them mid-boost."

Last edited by a moderator:

Daftatt

"float like a puffball, sting like a knee"
NNID
Daftatt
Well everybody, one of the best recoveries from Brawl is back, and it looked like it got buffed... woohoo. I wonder if it can ride up ledges now.

Last edited:

negativeX

Smash Apprentice
He's really going bananas on them.
Diddy's really starting off with a blast.
Diddy's done with all the monkey business.
What an explosive start to the week.
That's just how Diddy's barrels roll.

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
Kinda confused personally, is it that it can launch Diddy more horizontally now, or that being caught in the blast sends opponents more horizontally?

Mr Gentleman

Smash Journeyman
but what about his comment about them coming off? does that mean every time you hit him during it will come off? and will he still be able to use his recovery again?

curious if there could be a nerf as well here

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
Why is one of the top characters in brawl getting so many buffs? Unless there aren't going to be any nerfs to anyone this time.

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
Really unfortunate that the only game I would ever consider playing competitively is directed by someone who dislikes competitive play :(

Wasp

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3523-2036-8883
I always had some trouble with using the rocketbarrels... I believe in project m they made this tweak already to make the rocketbarrels go more horizontally. But yeah, you could also read this as in the blast that causes the enemies to get launched horizontally...

Rizen

Smash Legend
Diddy's rocket burnt his left shin; that's why he's making that face.

Hey the 'like' button finally showed on this thread.

Top Bottom