• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash WiiU & 3DS Miiverse Daily Pic - February 20th

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I actually really like the Other M design. I didn't have a problem with how her suit looked in Brawl, but the modified Other M design looks better to me, especially with the additions the Smash team added. The suit has much more detail to it all around, which is perfect for driving home the fact that Smash 4 is a HD game on Wii U, and it shows. I also think the more prominent green lights from the Other M suit are a nice detail that helps Samus fit in more with the rest of the cast, as it gives her more colour than she would have otherwise, and they are emphasising bright colours in Smash 4.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
The only people I know who think Other M is bad are plebs that think plot matters more than gameplay.
Spoilers: Other M had 100% more plot than all 3 prime games combined. So yea I'm not sure where you are going with that post/insult.

BigHairyFart

Salty Supreme
NNID
JackAzzMcTittles
Having only ever played Prime 3(which is completely first person from what I recall), I can say that I like the Wii U/Other M suit design better. It looks much sleeker/faster, which not only fits well for a fighting game, but makes sense for a bounty hunter. Plus, it makes her look more feminine, which is good considering Samus can easily be mistaken for a guy(in fact, I didn't know she was a girl until I saw ZSS in Brawl).

Thane of Blue Flames

Fire is catching.
The only people I know who think Other M is bad are plebs that think plot matters more than gameplay.
Thanks for the compelling anecdotal evidence.

Meanwhile every Prime game has outsold Other M by a significant margin. The original for the Gamecube sold more than double Other M, both in NA and worldwide, on a system with a significantly worse installbase. (The Prime trilogy for the Wii has its own separate sales figures.)

So I guess there must be an awful lot of those plebs.

The Other M suit is cool, though. Sleeker.

ITALIAN N1NJA

Smash Ace
NNID
ITALIAN_N1NJA
3DS FC
3368-3413-2021
This isn't the place for an Other M debate. If people like it, that's fine. If people don't like it, also fine. The fact of the matter is we got that suit (and probably more content) in Smash 4.

As for the PotD, I really hope Mac has his "opponent knocked down/health regen" animation as a taunt/idle animation.
It'd be cool if Little Mac had that ability in Stamina mode if he was knocked out but still on the stage.

ITALIAN N1NJA

Smash Ace
NNID
ITALIAN_N1NJA
3DS FC
3368-3413-2021
For me, whenever Little Mac uses his final smash I'll imagine him turning into a Big Mac sandwich and absorbing everyone to become more ingredients.

deadjames

Smash Lord
NNID
deadjames
3DS FC
0989-1855-2743
@ Xyro77 Xyro77 What I'm getting at is that everyone I've heard complain about Other M only complains about the plot and completely overlooks the fact that the gameplay is really solid. @ Thane of Blue Flames Thane of Blue Flames I don't see what sales figures have to do with anything, that's completely irrelevant to a discussion about a game's quality. If we were talking about popularity that would be another story.

Rizen

Smash Legend
This isn't the place for an Other M debate. If people like it, that's fine. If people don't like it, also fine. The fact of the matter is we got that suit (and probably more content) in Smash 4.
^This.

The SSB4 Samus thread is here if people want to talk about it further.
http://smashboards.com/threads/samus.324204/

Thane of Blue Flames

Fire is catching.
@ deadjames deadjames

Sales is a good indicator of quality in most cases. But putting that aside, you are in turn completely disregarding the role of plot in a game's quality. When games focus on plot, as Other M clearly did (Sakamoto would very often tout Other M's "cinematic" feel and "quality" of its cutscenes) a lacking plot directly contributes to a lower game quality. There's plenty of games where plot isn't a major draw that do just fine, but Other M was neither marketed as one of those games, nor is it a game whose aneurysm-inducing plot should be dissociated from the overall experience.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Holding a Wiimote horizontally (which mimics the NES controller) to play a modern 2010 Metroid game is terrible beyond words. You literally have to then hold it vertically and point it at the sensor bar in order to shoot missiles which stops you from moving. Also, the auto lock feature added to Other M allows you to point somewhere near the enemy and have your shots guarantee a hit. This means "skill" really isn't needed like it was in the prime games.

It is a poorly made, poorly executed and poorly received game. Because if this, Samus in SSB4 will be worse than low tier. She might be Other M tier!!!!!

I can see it now. The match starts and The announcer says "3, 2, 1.....Go" and BOOM MegaMan and his red doggy named Woof Woof come running at Samus shooting his little poop pellets while the dog barks obscenities. Samus, in her Other M mentality, yells to Adam "what do I do?" Adam respond, "you are authorized to.....to....run. Yes, run." While samus runs she questions AdaM with "Why can't I fight back, Adam?!?" Adam, taking his time, says "because.....you.....are...not wearing.....METROID PRIME 1/2/3 SUIT YOU STUPID EMO GIRL WITH A MAN VOICE!" Within minutes, samus is ripped to pieces by Woof Woof as MegaMan cuts off the Other M suit with his saw blade he stole from MetalMan's underwear drawer. The end.

That WILL happen in smash 4.

Last edited:

Jerm

U Feelin' It?
NNID
Jermalie0
3DS FC
4940-5666-9945
Holding a Wiimote horizontally (which mimics the NES controller) to play a modern 2010 Metroid game is terrible beyond words. You literally have to then hold it vertically and point it at the sensor bar in order to shoot missiles which stops you from moving. Also, the auto lock feature added to Other M allows you to point somewhere near the enemy and have your shots guarantee a hit. This means "skill" really isn't needed like it was in the prime games.

It is a poorly made, poorly executed and poorly received game. Because if this, Samus in SSB4 will be worse than low tier. She might be Other M tier!!!!!

I can see it now. The match starts and The announcer says "3, 2, 1.....Go" and BOOM MegaMan and his red doggy named Woof Woof come running at Samus shooting his little poop pellets while the dog barks obscenities. Samus, in her Other M mentality, yells to Adam "what do I do?" Adam respond, "you are authorized to.....to....run. Yes, run." While samus runs she questions AdaM with "Why can't I fight back, Adam?!?" Adam, taking his time, says "because.....you.....are...not wearing.....METROID PRIME 1/2/3 SUIT YOU STUPID EMO GIRL WITH A MAN VOICE!" Within minutes, samus is ripped to pieces by Woof Woof as MegaMan cuts off the Other M suit with his saw blade he stole from MetalMan's underwear drawer. The end.

lol you must really hate Other M

Ulti-Bman

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0318-7834-6568

I think you're broken...

The Slayer

RAWR!
NNID
Ren
3DS FC
1778-9825-9960

Although widely received bad game for many and liked by few, I think you need to calm down. Let's just be thankful Samus is in the upcoming Smash at all.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I kinda like Other M.

But I think it would've been SO much better if it had been a 100% 2D Metroid game.
Story, eh..I can forgive parts here and parts there.

Back to SSB, it's curious how both characters on screen changed appearances from Brawl to now.
I kinda like Other M design better, I mean, I love both the Super Metroid and the Other M looks the same, but I guess I just grew tired of the Super Metroid model being overused. And I admit Other M armor looks more obviously womanish than the Super Metroid model.

I like pretty much all of them... but I prefer the simplistic Power Suit from the beginning of Zero Mission the best.
I hope she gets that as an alternate costume.
Fusion's my least favorite look for Samus. :p

Last edited:

ChibiIceClimberz

Smash Ace
NNID
ch33bdragonite
3DS FC
5370-0405-0580
It's best to just leave him alone. It's not worth a discussion if all he does is bash the game or Samus's design.

But yes, for me the Other M / Smash 4 design looks much sleeker than the bulkier design of Brawl Samus. I'm not a fan of the official artwork, though.

Last edited:

Lizalfos

Smash Master
Suit looks fine, and drawing inspiration from Other M, despite your opinions on the game, leads into the possibility of Samus being a faster and more agile character like she was supposed to be in Other M.

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
I'm just happy Samus' suit doesn't have that weird crotch piece on her suit like she did in brawl.

Top Bottom