• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash WiiU & 3DS Miiverse Daily Pic - February 20th

Smashboards

18 years old!
Administrator
Premium
Writing Team
Smash Wii U & 3DS director Masahiro Sakurai says "Pic of the day. As shown in Little Mac's debut video, here is the height difference between Samus and Little Mac. He's used those mighty green gloves to punch out many challengers bigger than himself."

Rizen

Smash Legend
Samus doesn't judge Mac by his size; how big of her. Mac wouldn't want Samus to think little of him. Too bad they don't see eye to eye on things. Sometimes it's easier for Mac to hit below the belt when he can't raise a good point but Samus still doesn't belittle him. She tries to be the bigger person. That's why Mac looks up to her.

HarryTheChin

Smash Ace
That's not fair. Samus' sleek and shiny new Other M armor (which looks awesome btw) gives a pretty decent height boost. Besides, Little Mac isn't even standing up straight!

Mac needs some Moon Shoes.

We're going to need Zero Suit to be confirmed in order to get accurate measurements ;p

Last edited:

Sinn

Smash Lord
Bad game, not such a bad suit design. Let's be reasonable, eh?
Eh...I dunno. I mean, maybe it's not a BAD design, but I definitely prefer the old one. I dunno, I guess I just liked me some shoulder spike...things.

Also, I hope someone makes a Little Mac video to this song:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Still waiting to see Rosalina compared to Mac (and Samus, actually). That'll be adorable. :V

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
I will never understand the Other M design hate. At least from those that make it seem like it's somehow objectively worse and others should be able to see that.

Honestly in my opinion the Other M design is way cooler; the canon and legs in particular look more appealing to me.

Sonicguy726

Smash Lord
The Varia suit is supposed to be bulky.
Why it just looks dumb to me there's no reason to stick extra stuff onto it, I think the slimmer more form-fitting suit should be used for a fighting game and the more fast-paced action game other m was

Rizen

Smash Legend
I will never understand the Other M design hate. At least from those that make it seem like it's somehow objectively worse and others should be able to see that.

Honestly in my opinion the Other M design is way cooler; the canon and legs in particular look more appealing to me.
It's not hate. Some people just don't like the Other M design.
IMO the Metroid Prime look is the best. It has the most sci-fi feeling like it's actually made of metal with high tech circus and weaponry.

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
Either Samus looks really small here or Mac looks really large. He was as tall as Pikachu on tiptoes in a separate screenshot.

Other M was a much more accurate representation of Metroid gameplay transferred into 3D space than any of the four Prime games.

Last edited:

deadjames

Smash Lord
NNID
deadjames
3DS FC
0989-1855-2743
Which ZSS, metroid 1, prime, fusion, other m, super metroid, zero mission/brawl etc
She doesn't have the Zero Suit in Metroid, Super Metroid, or Fusion and it looks the same in all those other games.

JbrockPony

Smash Apprentice
NNID
JbrockPony
I'm curious to see if dark Samus is going to make an return as an alternate costume. There should just be more alternate costumes in general so it could please most of the fan base's design preference.

I mean come on, the game is gonna have hell of a lot more memory space since no story mode and less cutscenes are happening this time around.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Why it just looks dumb to me there's no reason to stick extra stuff onto it, I think the slimmer more form-fitting suit should be used for a fighting game and the more fast-paced action game other m was
Varia suit of the Super Metroid series and the prime series made samus look much more formidable. The details in the armor, the towering size....ect all made samus who she is.

Not only was Other M terrible in every way but cutscenes, they made her suit less detailed, less bulky and thus less cool/scary.

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
Varia suit of the Super Metroid series and the prime series made samus look much more formidable. The details in the armor, the towering size....ect all made samus who she is.

Not only was Other M terrible in every way but cutscenes, they made her suit less detailed, less bulky and thus less cool/scary.
What is it like to be wrong all the time?

Rizen

Smash Legend
Other M was a much more accurate representation of Metroid gameplay transferred into 3D space than any of the four Prime games.
Did you ever play the original Metroid?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ly1PUEmxyyQ
Samus was clunky and had no melee attacks. IMO Prime series is the best 3D adaptation because it stays true to the sci-fi nature of the game.

Other M took more of a Ninja/drama approach with Samus flipping onto monsters heads and shooting which looks cool but it's not exactly a realistic thing to do when you have a gun.

I think the people who don't like Other M's look are the sci-fi and realistic style fans and the people who do like the Other M look are more into comic book esc action and stylized shading. Neither is bad; it's just a matter of having different opinions.

_________
Art style aside, I didn't like the drama part of Other M. Samus can beat Meta Ridley, go into a crater full of metroids and Metroid Prime and keep her cool in the Prime series but in other M she sees Normal Ridley and freaks out.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PPQ5GDld-5w
:facepalm:

Last edited:

ChickenWing13

Smash Lord
NNID
Frosty93
I'm still questioning how Lil' Mac is going to be able to grab with those gloves on.

deadjames

Smash Lord
NNID
deadjames
3DS FC
0989-1855-2743
I'm curious to see if dark Samus is going to make an return as an alternate costume. There should just be more alternate costumes in general so it could please most of the fan base's design preference.

I mean come on, the game is gonna have hell of a lot more memory space since no story mode and less cutscenes are happening this time around.
How could Dark Samus make a return when it's never been an alt costume for Samus?

Jerm

U Feelin' It?
NNID
Jermalie0
3DS FC
4940-5666-9945
I'm still questioning how Lil' Mac is going to be able to grab with those gloves on.
his grab is in the trailer. When he is giving Marth body blows that is actually his pummel right before the throw, aka during a grab.

Last edited:

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
What is it like to be wrong all the time?
I'll let you know when it happens.

Until then, have fun being apart of the ultra minority that think Other M was good/Other M samus looks better than Prime samus.

Sonicguy726

Smash Lord

Until then, have fun being apart of the ultra minority that think Other M was good/Other M samus looks better than Prime samus.

At least to me the suit looks alot less bulky which I think gives it a nice, clean more simple appearance, the cannon looks cooler, the shoulders look less huge and dumb and the small decorations look nicer like the lights on her upper chest and the black slits all along the suit. It makes her look more feminine and I think it works

Last edited:

deadjames

Smash Lord
NNID
deadjames
3DS FC
0989-1855-2743

The only people I know who think Other M is bad are plebs that think plot matters more than gameplay.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
This isn't the place for an Other M debate. If people like it, that's fine. If people don't like it, also fine. The fact of the matter is we got that suit (and probably more content) in Smash 4.

As for the PotD, I really hope Mac has his "opponent knocked down/health regen" animation as a taunt/idle animation.

Last edited:
Top Bottom