• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash WiiU & 3DS Miiverse Daily Pic - February 19th

Smashboards

18 years old!
Administrator
Premium
Writing Team
Smash Wii U & 3DS director Masahiro Sakurai says ""Pic of the day. This dog is huge… Wait, no, the playable characters are small. The Smash Bros. series doesn't always stay true to scale."

Last edited by a moderator:

JU5T1Nsane

Smash Rookie
obligatory, Ridley comment.
but seriously… olimar gets a size boost, bowser was reduced in size to fit, mewtwo kinda got a size reduction (he's quite a bit bigger than pikachu in the first movie than the two of them standing next to each other in smash), according to the pokedex charizard is only about 5'7 and lucario is supposed to be 3'11 so he got a boost in size seeing as how he's nearly looking charizard eye to eye. sizes are nonsense in the nintendo world they need to put Ridley in…

LF2K

Floor Diver
Premium
This reminds me of that one episode of the Mega Man animated series.

Jobonoobdude

Smash Rookie
Am I the only one who sees this as some sort of cool camera angle-thingy? The way DDD and Megaman are facing just seems, not natural? Like the camera seems in a weird place?
Idk... It's probably just me.

Sonicguy726

Smash Lord
Am I the only one who sees this as some sort of cool camera angle-thingy? The way DDD and Megaman are facing just seems, not natural? Like the camera seems in a weird place?
Idk... It's probably just me.
I think sakurai just messed with the angle before taking the snapshot

fenyx4

Smash Journeyman
LOL; at least there's a mention of Super Smash Bros.'s size discrepancies (which don't matter too much compared to the source material, IMO)! It would be hilarious if a similar quote were used should Ridley receive a reveal as a playable newcomer for SSB4. XD

artofskjet

Smash Journeyman
NNID
napperflames
3DS FC
4141-3810-2708
Not trying to be a jerk but I don't see the appeal of Ridley. I would rather have mewtwo but whoever is in the game is in it. All I know is that eventually cut characters will return and the roster will become whole someday

PillsBuryDopeBoy

Führer President King DopeLord The VI
3DS FC
3325-3900-7222
"The Smash Bros. series doesn't always stay true to scale."
Meaning all arguments suggesting that Ridley and other tall characters are too big for smash, are now invalid.

Haydossy

Smash Journeyman
Not trying to be a jerk but I don't see the appeal of Ridley. I would rather have mewtwo but whoever is in the game is in it. All I know is that eventually cut characters will return and the roster will become whole someday
Except Pichu and probaaably Dr. Mario.

*facepalm* double post

Last edited:

Lord_Mountdrago4738

Smash Rookie
Are we forgetting that The Smash Characters are trophies/toys? The dog is life size and the characters are just in their toy size. Thats why the dog is so big

Haydossy

Smash Journeyman
Nintendog deconfirmed for Smash 4.... :( We all lost a great friend today.

Wasp

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3523-2036-8883
this must be the most lame stage ever... unless the dog actually does something to teh stage.
otherwise it's just an ordinary flat stage...

Haydossy

Smash Journeyman
You mean months ago, this was in the reveal trailer wasn't it
Yeah, but it was never said it wasn't a playable characters. Here it says that the playable characters are small and the nintendog is big. therefore the nintendog is not playable. (you do know I'm trolling, right?)

Sonicguy726

Smash Lord
Yeah, but it was never said it wasn't a playable characters. Here it says that the playable characters are small and the nintendog is big. therefore the nintendog is not playable. (you do know I'm trolling, right?)
Well I've heard people who actually want a nintendog playable so,,,

DrizzyDrew

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-3772-7996-8482
hes pretty much saying ridley is a possibilty, proof. Sakuari knows we want him now is the time

Top Bottom