• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash WiiU & 3DS Miiverse Daily Pic - February 17th

Smashboards

18 years old!
Administrator
Premium
Writing Team
Smash Wii U & 3DS director Masahiro Sakurai says "Pic of the day. Little Mac can deliver some solid punches while fighting on the ground."

Last edited by a moderator:

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
May not be anything we didn't guess based on the trailer, but the fact that he's pointing out even obvious things like this on Miiverse continues to give me hope that he's wanting to get the younger/casual players aware of things relating to balance and competitive matches.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
This picture is probably Megaman with a high percentage.

DrizzyDrew

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-3772-7996-8482
strong on the ground, weak in the air. Hmm seems like kirby can own him. Goooood : )

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
I know Little Mac is supposed to be short, but I don't think he looked 2/3 the size of Mega Man in his intro trailer. Seems like Mega Man got his hands on a Super Mushroom.

Osennecho

Smash Ace
strong on the ground, weak in the air. Hmm seems like kirby can own him. Goooood : )
Matchup looks around even to me or worse unless Kirby is a lot faster then previously or has some big other change like his duck happening to play a role in the meta (LM is short though so I doubt it effecting this matchup). I don't see Kirby being able to get in often and LM seems to punish pretty hard/kill early. I think this is most likely the outcome at competitive level play. If it's just friendlies w/ people you know locally though --- then Kirby might win the matchup though... IDK. There's a lot to be seen still.

Last edited:

DrizzyDrew

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-3772-7996-8482
Matchup looks around even to me or worse unless Kirby is a lot faster then previously or has some big other change like his duck happening to play a role in the meta (LM is short though so I doubt it effecting this matchup). I don't see Kirby being able to get in often and LM seems to punish pretty hard/kill early. I think this is most likely the outcome at competitive level play. If it's just friendlies w/ people you know locally though --- then Kirby might win the matchup though... IDK. There's a lot to be seen still.
I only make that assumption since kirby's past air game is great and seems little mac might be a lighter character

FangnierFernious

Smash Apprentice
I'm still pretty sure Little Mac's uppercuts are solid enough to properly counter aerial characters. I mean heck... his whole game is about reaching super tall opponents!
I don't know about that. If Lucario manages to keep he pressure up and only get hit y attacks at certain moments to boost his power then Little Mac is in serious trouble. He could counter in the air, slide away to a safe distance, charge up Aura Sphere and launch it forcing Little Mac to either jump over it or roll to avoid it. If Lucario isn't to far he'll have enough time to run in and end it with Force Palm which would gain an Aura boost.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I don't know about that. If Lucario manages to keep he pressure up and only get hit y attacks at certain moments to boost his power then Little Mac is in serious trouble. He could counter in the air, slide away to a safe distance, charge up Aura Sphere and launch it forcing Little Mac to either jump over it or roll to avoid it. If Lucario isn't to far he'll have enough time to run in and end it with Force Palm which would gain an Aura boost.
To be honest, now that you bring it up, Force Palm could be quite the Mac crusher.

Daftatt

"float like a puffball, sting like a knee"
NNID
Daftatt
this pic makes megaman's build look like an infant's. I wonder if sakurai's comment means that little mac has awful ground game. That would be an interesting character, one that hates the air. No short hopping for this boxer.

Norm

Smash Lord
NNID
Sheldon86
Last edited:

Kaysick

Smash Journeyman
this pic makes megaman's build look like an infant's. I wonder if sakurai's comment means that little mac has awful ground game. That would be an interesting character, one that hates the air. No short hopping for this boxer.
This makes absolutely no sense. He's a boxer, why would he have an awful ground game?

Haydossy

Smash Journeyman
I know Mac's the small one, but this just makes Megaman look hilariously large!! (especially his head, for some reason) XD

Alex Night

Smash Ace
NNID
obiwan_jacoby
3DS FC
2234-7921-2718
Even though Little Mac has Super Armor on some of his moves, it's not like his foes are looking to stay on the ground for long. I also doubt that he can armor through most multi-hit moves. There's also Link's Dair to use if he wants armor through my bomb or Boomerang. :p

Alex Night

Smash Ace
NNID
obiwan_jacoby
3DS FC
2234-7921-2718
MUs aren't decided before the game is out.
No, but they are going to be speculated like it or not. People always want to prepare themselves as much as they can in the competitive community. Besides, some of the things make sense like Multi-hit moves breaking through Super Armor. It works against Bowser in Project M and I'm 95% sure that will work the same way in Smash 4.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
You can speculate all you want but its useless to give an actual verdict. Also to note is that in brawl you can't break people out of super armor (see smart bomb + Ike's aether, Ike will remain frozen until he stops being hit, same with Giga Bowser)

The term Heavy armor to refer to being able to take up to a certain % of damage (Snake's up B, Yoshi's jump, etc)

I know super armor in other fighting games have a cap on how many hits they absorb

Last edited:

Egadd

Smash Rookie
I was worried that Little Mac would be way too OP, but with his aerial game the way it is, I'm not betting on anything. He's definitely a lot different than any of the series mainstays.

Top Bottom