• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash WiiU & 3DS Miiverse Daily Pic - February 13th

Smashboards

18 years old!
Administrator
Premium
Writing Team
Smash Wii U & 3DS director Masahiro Sakurai says "Pic of the day. Tomorrow is Valentine's Day...and the day the new Nintendo Direct airs! It will stream in Japan at 7 AM so it's going to be a very early morning for us...!"

extremechiton

Smash Lord
NNID
Extremechiton
3DS FC
1590-4719-6526
Switch FC
SW 5498 9796 6766
peach's new up tilt is called skittles.
commentator: ooh. dat falco just ate some skittles. ooh look he wants some more. peach is just feeding skittles to everyone to day. looks like everyone is getting ther fair share of the rainbow.
taste the rainbow, feel the rainbow, death by the rainbow.

extremechiton

Smash Lord
NNID
Extremechiton
3DS FC
1590-4719-6526
Switch FC
SW 5498 9796 6766
now if only kirbys up smash was the rainbow rain from return to dreamland, we could have 2 rainbow users.
both wonderfully pink, rainbowy, and deadly.

Last edited:

MoonlapseOpethian

Smash Journeyman
Wait... Sakurai is acknowledging the direct on a Miiverse post?

Yeah, something epic is about to happen. Sakurai is literally saying "HEY! LISTEN! You guys should totally check out this direct, okay?!"

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
I agree with Moonlapse, he will be revealing a HUGE character. Maybe even Mewtwo. There are several reasons on why this would happen, and here they are: 1. Mewtwo was born in February 2. Mewtwo killed a lot of people on his birthday, and there's the Valentine's Day Massacre 3. The release of Pokémon Red was in February, and it seems unlikely that they would do another direct a mere week later, and Mewtwo's not gonna get some small petty reveal, so considering Valentine's day is so close to both his birthday and Pokémon Red's release date, I would say his reveal is incredibly likely. GO MEWTWO!:colorful:

MoonlapseOpethian

Smash Journeyman
I agree with Moonlapse, he will be revealing a HUGE character. Maybe even Mewtwo. There are several reasons on why this would happen, and here they are: 1. Mewtwo was born in February 2. Mewtwo killed a lot of people on his birthday, and there's the Valentine's Day Massacre 3. The release of Pokémon Red was in February, and it seems unlikely that they would do another direct a mere week later, and Mewtwo's not gonna get some small petty reveal, so considering Valentine's day is so close to both his birthday and Pokémon Red's release date, I would say his reveal is incredibly likely. GO MEWTWO!:colorful:
Possible. I was thinking more likely a Diddy/Dixie tag team duo, what with Tropical Freeze and Valentine's Day (Diddy and Dixie are a cannon couple, if I recall)

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I guess Sakurai wants to hold off on revealing any Donkey Kong characters until the Nintendo Direct later. Perhaps Diddy will be revealed first as a returning veteran, followed by the next newcomer.

I refuse to think that Diddy will be stuck with a partner, as he's just fine being solo.

Sonicguy726

Smash Lord
Aww it looks so cool and cute and that definitely means were gonna get a character today, how about Diddy AND Dixie for valentines day, I mean he acknowledged it

LF2K

Floor Diver
Premium
OK, Sakurai's got something up his sleeve. But what?!

Mechonis

Smash Journeyman
Monolith Soft also retweeted the Nintendo Direct times, so did Platinum games. Hoping for more info on X and Bayonetta 2... and if either Shulk or Bayonetta is in Smash, I'd love it. XD

Louie G.

Smash Hero
If we don't get a reveal, we have to use our "imagination" to pretend we did! That way we don't go insane!

Last edited:

DrizzyDrew

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-3772-7996-8482
hmmm new move? or weird new item? By the way diddy kong will be announced at this direct!

FirstBlade

Smash Journeyman
She could very well be in the air people, seems believable. I see no reason to change the hearts seeing as how it was already one of her most visually impressive moves. The up aerial kick however...

Last edited:

TheLegendaryKRB

Smash Apprentice
I guess Sakurai wants to hold off on revealing any Donkey Kong characters until the Nintendo Direct later. Perhaps Diddy will be revealed first as a returning veteran, followed by the next newcomer.

I refuse to think that Diddy will be stuck with a partner, as he's just fine being solo.
It might be Dixie

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I think rosalina did it right but we really don't need anymore
At least Rosalina can operate on her own if she wanted. You can't do that with the Ice Climbers, and Olimar actually needs his Pikmin to be effective in combat.

The last thing we need is to see Diddy get tied up when he's perfectly fine being solo. Besides, you can't pair up Diddy with Dixie in Tropical Freeze anyway.

Sonicguy726

Smash Lord
At least Rosalina can operate on her own if she wanted. You can't do that with the Ice Climbers, and Olimar actually needs his Pikmin to be effective in combat.

The last thing we need is to see Diddy get tied up when he's perfectly fine being solo. Besides, you can't pair up Diddy with Dixie in Tropical Freeze anyway.
Yeah I mean they've only ever teamed up once, it makes more sense to have a donkey/diddy team

Top Bottom