• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash WiiU & 3DS Miiverse Daily Pic - August 4th

NintyTheRagekid

Smash Apprentice
NNID
NintyTheRageKid
3DS FC
5455-9431-1608
Switch FC
SW-2209-3322-3333
Whos Masked man?
MOTHER 3 SPOILERS.
It's not a good idea to click "Toggle Spoiler" if you want to find out yourself.

The Masked Man is Claus, Lucas' brother.
It's been a while since I've played but, I believe that The Masked Pigmen transformed Claus into The Masked Man.

The Original Robot boy

Smash Champion
NNID
AzureXeire
3DS FC
0173-2317-7445
MOTHER 3 SPOILERS.
It's not a good idea to click "Toggle Spoiler" if you want to find out yourself.

The Masked Man is Claus, Lucas' brother.
It's been a while since I've played but, I believe that The Masked Pigmen transformed Claus into The Masked Man.
oh you can just say mother 3 it's kind of obivous who it is anyway

D

Deleted member

Never heard of this character and the game he represents until now, but it's great to see retro characters appearing in Smash Bros..

Soul.

This character is an Assist Trophy? I thought he was just a normal Trophy for some reason.
At least he's in the game.

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
Throwback ATs on back to back Mondays? Condolences to the Prince's supporters, but it's really cool how they're pulling from Nintendo's entire history to find interesting summons.

It also looks like last week's string of high quality Pics of the Day was no fluke. Keep up the reveals, Sakurai!

D

Deleted member

are you kidding me!!!! what the flying fudge!!!! out of all the video games characters to tease us with- why!? why in the fudge would you ever troll this hard!!! i loved this game, played it and beat it, great characters in "for the frog the bell tolls"..... im so pssed right now.... i could punch a loli in the face and not be satisfied.... damn you sakurai.... damn you...
im so pssed right now.... i could punch a loli in the face and not be satisfied....
i could punch a loli in the face
What?

Wasp

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3523-2036-8883
...yah can hate the guy if yah want, don't bash other player's wants, when yah don't even know who he is. plez :p.
lol, I've never heard anyone say "I really want that unnamed swordguy in smash4", so i'm not bashing anyone's wants at all. This character really came from the bottom of the box with possible characters to be possibly revealed. Even Sakurai can't recall it's name, so can you blame me for not knowing it? plez

He's one of the most supported retro characters behind Lip and Takamaru. He's also from one of the best games ever and probably the best exclusive Japan game. He also fit the bill for a Smash Fighter pretty well. He's not stupid, either.
fixed :p

Last edited:

TORNADO BUS DRIVER

Smash Lord
lol, I've never heard anyone say "I really want that unnamed swordguy in smash4", so i'm not bashing anyone's wants at all. This character really came from the bottom of the box with possible characters to be possibly revealed. Even Sakurai can't recall it's name, so can you blame me for not knowing it? plez
I wanted him..

WwwWario

Smash Ace
A frog and a snake? A SNAKE? SNAKE?! SNAAAAKE?!! Snake confir.... ah, nevermind. Don't know who this character is, but neither does Saukrai apparently, so I'm good I guess :laugh:

asia_catdog_blue

Smash Ace
Mind giving me some evidence of Alice being an AT?
I mean "retro" characters that probably would matter more to this game than... this guy. They're all more interesting looking that Medieval Western Swordsman #126, only difference is he can transform into a reptile.

Takamaru would give an Eastern Style Flair in an already dominated Western Style Swordsman Area. Also, Takamaru had 2 more cameo appearances in two games on the Wii.

Alice would have been a battle loli ready to fight with balloons. We haven't had one of those before. She also would represent a fan-favorite franchise of Nintendo.

Dillon(or Jiro) would have been there to represent a new generation of Nintendo heroes. And he was one of the cooler ones, too.

I mean, who is "this guy" compared to them?

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I mean "retro" characters that probably would matter more to this game than... this guy. They're all more interesting looking that Medieval Western Swordsman #126, only difference is he can transform into a reptile.

Takamaru would give an Eastern Style Flair in an already dominated Western Style Swordsman Area. Also, Takamaru had 2 more cameo appearances in two games on the Wii.

Alice would have been a battle loli ready to fight with balloons. We haven't had one of those before. She also would represent a fan-favorite franchise of Nintendo.

Dillon(or Jiro) would have been there to represent a new generation of Nintendo heroes. And he was one of the cooler ones, too.

I mean, who is "this guy" compared to them?
Oh, thanks for the explanation ACB. I thought you meant confirmed AT's earlier without seeing your original point. :laugh:

jigglover

Smash Lord
lol, I've never heard anyone say "I really want that unnamed swordguy in smash4", so i'm not bashing anyone's wants at all. This character really came from the bottom of the box with possible characters to be possibly revealed. Even Sakurai can't recall it's name, so can you blame me for not knowing it?

Read this place. The character has no name, because the player names him when they boot up the game, and he is not mentioned in any media. You've never heard anyone say that, because we call him "Prince Sable". Do you really not think Sakurai would just google the boy's name if he forgot it?

Wasp

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3523-2036-8883

Read this place. The character has no name, because the player names him when they boot up the game, and he is not mentioned in any media. You've never heard anyone say that, because we call him "Prince Sable". Do you really not think Sakurai would just google the boy's name if he forgot it?
still he never made it outside of japan.

Why put japan-only stuff into the game while it's meant for the whole world?
It's just that i don't know this guy but he doesn't look cool or anything so i'm not happy with him, but yeah... let's move on.

Last edited:

jigglover

Smash Lord
still he never made it outside of japan.

Why put japan-only stuff into the game while it's meant for the whole world?
It's just that i don't know this guy but he doesn't look cool or anything so i'm not happy with him, but yeah... let's move on.
Read my other post in this topic:

Oh for crying out loud, I can't believe how completely insensitive to other cultures everyone is now. Sakurai put a Japanese-only character in the game. Why is everyone outraged over this? Because he's not playable? I mean Ness was Japanese only in 64, Marth and Roy were Japanese only in Melee, Lucas was (and is) Japanese only in Brawl, and even more importantly the Helerin AT was and is Japanese only. Plus, the electroplankton stage was and is Japanese only.

I don't recall a huge disruption over these Japanese only characters and stages. Have the Smashboard forums just suffered a huge ethical decay? The Prince of Sable is a popular character in Japan. Just because you guys haven't heard of him, that doesn't mean people from other cultures haven't...
Nintendo is a Japanese company. Not all games make it out of Japan. If a game is an absolute classic in Japan, why should it be excluded from a game largely focused on the Japanese audience?

Pokefan203

Smash Apprentice
Those snakes on the trophy kinda remind me of hi-res versions of the snakes in Kid Icarus for NES.

Wasp

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3523-2036-8883
Read my other post in this topic:

Nintendo is a Japanese company. Not all games make it out of Japan. If a game is an absolute classic in Japan, why should it be excluded from a game largely focused on the Japanese audience?
are you kidding? The Japanese are less interested in Smash Bros than you might think. Smash is worldwide popular and therefore not mainly focussed on the audience in Japan. That is kind of a weird statement there.

Top Bottom