• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash WiiU & 3DS Miiverse Daily Pic - April 29th

Uffe

Smash Hero
Look at that range on these grapples. So much more useful. Maybe now I can give Link a shot.

TheKmanOfSmash

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3196-5443-8100
I am just saying that rudeness ruins your point and and im not directly calling you it, if I did then well it happened but that wasn't what I was trying to say. You don't have to insult someone and because people will look past your data because of the way you portray yourself

I could care less about Link's fall speed, I play him as like a third and I know he is heavy as hell.
Rudeness, name calling and insults don't have place in an argument, I agree. But I'm the kind of person who is far more interested in the substance of an argument than how courteous someone is to me. You can call me the worst of the names and have done the worst of things, if you tell me that the sky is blue or that the sun is a star, I will agree with you 100% because those are facts and have nothing to do with mannerisms. Maybe we have differences in what we prioritize in arguments, but there's nothing I can do about that.

Also, if people are willing to completely disregard facts and reality due to how I portray myself, then that tells me that they are disingenuous and are not interested in having a relevant conversation. As a result, I could care less what such people think because they are fixating on an issue that has nothing to do with the topic at hand (i.e. how does my behavior affect the sky being blue?). Pretty useless to engage with such people, imo, because they are adding nothing relevant to the topic and even going so far to use that to discount my stance on the topic. People who rely on such non sequiturs are laughable and not worth my time or interest.

Now if my behavior is affecting my ability to express said facts clearly and effectively, that's a different scenario because I'm physically limiting the flow of the conversation and that's on me (and if you think that's what I did then fair enough, though I disagree). But to use my behavior to deny the validity of said facts is where I draw the line.

Also, why am I even talking about this? I should be significantly more excited on this tether buff and how Link will be less trash than he is now!

Edit: To your edit, it was very strongly implied that you were calling me a douche lol. I don't see how anyone else would have interpreted it any other way. But if you were just giving me a life lesson, then I greatly appreciate it, I really do. I'll definitely keep that in mind. But I find it very hard to believe that was why you commented along with any other reason other than to call me out.

Last edited:

DrizzyDrew

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-3772-7996-8482
Love the change...link and samus don't have the best recoveries so this is a nice buff...i loved project m link so here's hoping this link is as good

Brawlknight

Smash Rookie
This looks sexy they finally look like a real grapling hook or clawshot. I got a question tho, how would zair play?

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
So if two characters can hook at the sametime i wonder how that will play out.
Well the tether latches on, but it seems like only one player will actually end up grabbing the ledge.

Daftatt

"float like a puffball, sting like a knee"
NNID
Daftatt
Lol, I bet the PMBR feel pretty great about themselves right now. Great to see sakurai recognizing the edge-hog problem from brawl.

extremechiton

Smash Lord
NNID
Extremechiton
3DS FC
1590-4719-6526
Switch FC
SW 5498 9796 6766
So multiple people can tether the ledge. its just a matter of grabbing the ledge. so if samus pulls up first, link can still dangle around.
and dat range tho. zss had godlike range in brawl, i cant imagine her having even longer range.

ITALIAN N1NJA

Smash Ace
NNID
ITALIAN_N1NJA
3DS FC
3368-3413-2021
Link is actually starting to look playable this time around. I've mained him in every smash game to date but Project M Link has been by far my favorite iteration of the character. I'd like to see just how far the customizable movesets could go. Maybe we could remove the wind effect from the boomerang entirely, create bomb arrows possibly, fire/ice arrows possibly, etc.

Mega Manny

Smash Rookie
NNID
Mannerz
anyone else hear that? links screaming from the top of the tier list. :?

Last edited:

2ndComing

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LazyAnmtoR
Rudeness, name calling and insults don't have place in an argument, I agree. But I'm the kind of person who is far more interested in the substance of an argument than how courteous someone is to me. You can call me the worst of the names and have done the worst of things, if you tell me that the sky is blue or that the sun is a star, I will agree with you 100% because those are facts and have nothing to do with mannerisms. Maybe we have differences in what we prioritize in arguments, but there's nothing I can do about that.

Also, if people are willing to completely disregard facts and reality due to how I portray myself, then that tells me that they are disingenuous and are not interested in having a relevant conversation. As a result, I could care less what such people think because they are fixating on an issue that has nothing to do with the topic at hand (i.e. how does my behavior affect the sky being blue?). Pretty useless to engage with such people, imo, because they are adding nothing relevant to the topic and even going so far to use that to discount my stance on the topic. People who rely on such non sequiturs are laughable and not worth my time or interest.

Now if my behavior is affecting my ability to express said facts clearly and effectively, that's a different scenario because I'm physically limiting the flow of the conversation and that's on me (and if you think that's what I did then fair enough, though I disagree). But to use my behavior to deny the validity of said facts is where I draw the line.

Also, why am I even talking about this? I should be significantly more excited on this tether buff and how Link will be less trash than he is now!

Edit: To your edit, it was very strongly implied that you were calling me a douche lol. I don't see how anyone else would have interpreted it any other way. But if you were just giving me a life lesson, then I greatly appreciate it, I really do. I'll definitely keep that in mind. But I find it very hard to believe that was why you commented along with any other reason other than to call me out.
If you read it, it was possibly implied but I did not say it as I believed I said acting like a douche instead of being one.
I just don't like seeing people being rude or mean for no reason just as part of their point they want to make. Even rational people will be thrown off and your point will lose credibility (Go Look at the Gameplay and Analysis Thread for Smash 4, 2 doods were going at it and one of them was being hella rude)

If you actually appreciate it then please don't

.toasty

Smash Cadet
I got bombarded with Toon Link is not floaty comments going " Wahhhh!" I play Melee, so every character on that game feels floaty to me. Also, why are people bringing up the subject of whether Toon Link's recovery is good or not, him being floaty is all i said, and the reason why i said that is in the first sentence of this comment i'm about to finish typing.

You said Link, not Toon Link, also no one brought up Toon Link other than you, not even the Pic of the Day. Secondly, floatiness is relative and varies game-by-game, don't act like some sort of patrician just because you play Melee instead of Brawl or 64.

tbtechwiz

Smash Apprentice
He's not talking about legal issues when it come to project M. he's talking about how nintendo probably didn't solely come up with some of the ideas that they are using that are in Project M. He's not even saying its a bad thing. If anything thats good that nintendo sees what we want.

Here is a list of things that P:M added before smash 4 announced them. sword like Graphic effects on limbs and not just weapons and claws, olimar having a higher recovery when he has less pikmin, multiple teathers to a ledge, separating pokemon trainer pokemon, charizards fair is now a claw swipe, DK geting his roll attack for his dash attack, i think sonics dair has a spike now too not sure, alt costumes*(this one is iffy cause wario had alt costumes so i'll say P:M just expounded on brawls idea). SBB4 skyoft is sort of like P:M skyloft but P:M is made for tournaments. Pikachus thunder is like brawl minus. The bigbest thing is customizable movesets thats not just attributed to P:M but the hacking community in general.

If nintendo knows their audience at all i doubt they missed how people have been moding brawl. And since P:M is one of the biggest, if not the biggest, mod I'm pretty sure they have seen it.

Also nintendo will never take legal action against Project M because. 1 it uses brawl an old IP that they plan to eclipse with smash4 and 2 Project M helps keep the smash community alive because its baically free advertisement for nintendo and it promotes buying brawl.
Taking any leagal action on anything other than pirating will hurt nintendos fanbase. They could do it but they're not going to. They're in enough hot water as it is with the WiiU.
oh so projectc M only players who play online because they cant afford to fly planes to the nearest 5000 mile away city to play offline with other smashers who will have to download the ISO to play with dolphin net play hmmmmm "TOOOOtally not pirating at alllll [/sarcasm] when nintendo WFC goes down

Wasp

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3523-2036-8883
lol, when they've done something right:
"oh they've looked ad PM and learned n stuff"

When something is still not satisfying:
"oh, they should really look more into PM"

Byxis

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Byxis7
3DS FC
4656-8308-4770
I like how my previous first statement has garnered such a wide variety of opinions. Even if some have misinterpreted just exactly what I mean.

pickle962

Smash Lord
Guys don't feed the obnoxious a...I mean troll! Anywhom regardless of whether sakurai and Namco are taking cues from Project M, you can certainly see the hard work that's going into making a MUCH more balanced roster! ;)

nessokman

Smash Lord
He's not talking about legal issues when it come to project M. he's talking about how nintendo probably didn't solely come up with some of the ideas that they are using that are in Project M. He's not even saying its a bad thing. If anything thats good that nintendo sees what we want.

Here is a list of things that P:M added before smash 4 announced them. sword like Graphic effects on limbs and not just weapons and claws, olimar having a higher recovery when he has less pikmin, multiple teathers to a ledge, separating pokemon trainer pokemon, charizards fair is now a claw swipe, DK geting his roll attack for his dash attack, i think sonics dair has a spike now too not sure, alt costumes*(this one is iffy cause wario had alt costumes so i'll say P:M just expounded on brawls idea). SBB4 skyoft is sort of like P:M skyloft but P:M is made for tournaments. Pikachus thunder is like brawl minus. The bigbest thing is customizable movesets thats not just attributed to P:M but the hacking community in general.

If nintendo knows their audience at all i doubt they missed how people have been moding brawl. And since P:M is one of the biggest, if not the biggest, mod I'm pretty sure they have seen it.

Also nintendo will never take legal action against Project M because. 1 it uses brawl an old IP that they plan to eclipse with smash4 and 2 Project M helps keep the smash community alive because its baically free advertisement for nintendo and it promotes buying brawl.
Taking any leagal action on anything other than pirating will hurt nintendos fanbase. They could do it but they're not going to. They're in enough hot water as it is with the WiiU.
Umm...let me just list some responses-

Project M may have released versions with those features earlier, but you can't prove project m did them first, given that the details for the game were kept completely under wraps until last year.

Brawl being an old game is irrelevant. Nintendo proved this when they sent a cease and desist to people streaming a melee tournament. Nintendo couldn't care less about the community, they care about the money, and if by adding features that keeps the community buying and stops their ******** over brawl, then they'll do it.

That's because people who worked on Brawl are now in the PMBR, and now that they know how to make a successful smash game, they decided to make it like Project M instead of brawl, I mean come on, who likes Brawl?
I doubt anyone who worked on brawl is making project M.

drsusredfish

Smash Ace
oh so projectc M only players who play online because they cant afford to fly planes to the nearest 5000 mile away city to play offline with other smashers who will have to download the ISO to play with dolphin net play hmmmmm "TOOOOtally not pirating at alllll [/sarcasm] when nintendo WFC goes down
If the game exisits someone will pirate it. That doesn't mean its P:M's fault.

plain and simple p:m doesn't require pirating. If you pirate to play it that is no fault of P:M. People are gona pirate

The thing you just described is how melee and smash64 have been for years and nintendo did nothing because those games are pretty much past their profitable period but they are still fun to a select group of people. Mostly tourney players in my opinion. Brawl, and subsequently P:M, are on that same route. It would make no sense for nintendo to waste time and money on a lawsuit on a game that is getting this old when a new one is on the way.
Umm...let me just list some responses-

Project M may have released versions with those features earlier, but you can't prove project m did them first, given that the details for the game were kept completely under wraps until last year.

Brawl being an old game is irrelevant. Nintendo proved this when they sent a cease and desist to people streaming a melee tournament. Nintendo couldn't care less about the community, they care about the money, and if by adding features that keeps the community buying and stops their *****ing over brawl, then they'll do it.

I doubt anyone who worked on brawl is making project M.
well P:M releasing first is a fact but yeah there is no proof that nintendo didn't already start that stuff. Maybe the logical next steps for smash are just that predictable that so many things can can be compared. good point about the melee stream thing.

tbtechwiz

Smash Apprentice
If the game exisits someone will pirate it. That doesn't mean its P:M's fault.

plain and simple p:m doesn't require pirating. If you pirate to play it that is no fault of P:M. People are gona pirate

The thing you just described is how melee and smash64 have been for years and nintendo did nothing because those games are pretty much past their profitable period but they are still fun to a select group of people. Mostly tourney players in my opinion. Brawl, and subsequently P:M, are on that same route. It would make no sense for nintendo to waste time and money on a lawsuit on a game that is getting this old when a new one is on the way.

well P:M releasing first is a fact but yeah there is no proof that nintendo didn't already start that stuff. Maybe the logical next steps for smash are just that predictable that so many things can can be compared. good point about the melee stream thing.
you miss my point completely, some people cant afford to keep catching flights to play OFFLINE with each other some PM, so they will play online for FREE
and many have whats called a dolphin capable PC, whats going to happen with nintendo WFC shuts down? thats right NO PM WIFI!! it uses nintendo's wifi, not a PMBR one and the file needed to change it isnt covered by the PMBR's mod method!

so what do you have to use to play over the web?
dolphin emulator with the emulator to emulator netplay online input plugin!

what do you need to run a game on dolphin? an ISO!!
how does your average joe that KNOWS stuff get it? TORRENTS!!!!

then you mod it with projectM's set, and set up that complicated netplay plugin, configure port forwarding on your router

BOOM! piracy required to CONTINUE PM wifi after may 20th when nintendo WFC shuts down, remember that? WFC ends may 20th and no you cannot use the wifi sucked nobody would play on it excuse because the other option for distant friends is to be rich as hell and have time to be able to afford to fly from home to meet up with distant friends across coasts (or do we give no ****s about anyone but very nearby people?)

and on the projectM official IRC chat, when I asked them what they would do about the WFC ending, they said "oh just use dolphin"

here is what dolphin needs
1) a strong ass PC (unless laggy emulation that is worse lag than the wii wifi on the system is acceptable)

2)the brawl ISO (and last I checked, you cant stick the brawl disc in the computer and run it, it simply wont read)

3)tools to inject projectM into the ISO to run it on dolphin

gee I wonder what people will go for hmmmm

COMMON SENSE with what will immediately result from the PMBR's quick ****ty answer to wifi

Ryu_Ken

Ace Adventurer and Truth Seeker
NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
This tether recovery thing is really mindblowing. It seems simple, but when you add some specifications on priority, it seems really complex.

DemoPvP

Smash Rookie
Longer range for tethers and multiple characters being able to grab without getting edge hogged? Hellz yeah!
Only one person can grab the ledge, but both can stay tethered. I would assume that if someone edge hogs, you cannot tether.

drsusredfish

Smash Ace
Don't want to fly to play Smash? Get out the house and make some friends down the street.

All I ever played was online P:M so "wifi sucks" isn't in my vocab. When I heard about the WFC I went to google and found places near me that host P:M. I made some friends there and now i play with real people.

What if people want to play vanilla Brawl online after the WFC is gone? They're going to go to dolphin to play it "BOOM" Piracy required to play a game online that's not P:M. Piracy still not P:M's fault.

Pirating still isn't required to play and enjoy P:M it just depends on how you want to play and enjoy it and sometimes good things just end. WFC is going down I'm moving on.

tbtechwiz

Smash Apprentice
Don't want to fly to play Smash? Get out the house and make some friends down the street.

All I ever played was online P:M so "wifi sucks" isn't in my vocab. When I heard about the WFC I went to google and found places near me that host P:M. I made some friends there and now i play with real people.

What if people want to play vanilla Brawl online after the WFC is gone? They're going to go to dolphin to play it "BOOM" Piracy required to play a game online that's not P:M. Piracy still not P:M's fault.

Pirating still isn't required to play and enjoy P:M it just depends on how you want to play and enjoy it and sometimes good things just end. WFC is going down I'm moving on.
yah when my entire state are call of duty fanboys yah they SURRREEE are gonna play smash with me when they only play CoD on xbox not to mention to get to other states... plane, because im not in the 48 continental states

Anthon1996

Smash Ace
NNID
AnUglyBarnacle
3DS FC
5301-0385-3871
The best part is that you don't have to be one molecule away from the ledge for the tether to work!

Top Bottom