• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash WiiU & 3DS Miiverse Daily Pic - April 10th

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
This just further enforces how dumb the decision was to remove transformations. Now ZSS and Samus, as well as Zelda and Sheik, are counted as separate characters, which also means they'll both be in battle with default colors. They have split the exact same characters into separate individual characters. It's really stupid when you think about it.
So mirror matches or two incarnations of the same character (Mario vs Dr. Mario, Ryu vs Evil Ryu, Sol vs Order Sol) facing off each other is stupid?
Sorry, but your obviously still salty about this that you don't even make sense.

Uffe

Smash Hero
I'm going to be mad of Zamus is better than Samus again. It makes absolutely no sense for an armorless character to be stronger than an armored character. I guess we'll wait and see.

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
All the Smash characters are just reanimated trophies, so it doesn't matter. Did you watch Smash 64, Melee, and Brawl's intros?
I have a headcanon that ties into that, actually. What if all the characters in the Smash games are actually a type of Einherjar that reverts to trophies instead of cards, and The Subspace Emissary takes place somewhere in the Outrealm?

ITALIAN N1NJA

Smash Ace
NNID
ITALIAN_N1NJA
3DS FC
3368-3413-2021
I cannot express how much I am hoping for this game to achieve greatness. I hope it's enjoyable for the casual and competitive communities alike. The air game in my opinion seems to look a tad floaty. The ground gameplay looks very fluid and well paced. I'd like to see solid gameplay and opinions before I cast full judgement. The question to end all questions is this. Can you combo? No jab locks(when you jabbed 2 times in brawl it would force you to complete the set of jabs or wait an unbearable amount of time before allowing for another move). You couldn't do something like jab>jab>up tilt due to this. Hoping this is removed entirely. Smash is about creating your own combos. That's why I loved it to begin with. *raises glass* gentlemen...let us gather together, in hopes that this is the salvation we need. The true project to be bringing casual and competitive players together in peace.

BigHairyFart

Salty Supreme
NNID
JackAzzMcTittles
I have a headcanon that ties into that, actually. What if all the characters in the Smash games are actually a type of Einherjar that reverts to trophies instead of cards, and The Subspace Emissary takes place somewhere in the Outrealm?
I mean this in the nicest way possible: What the hell are you talking about?

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
I hope she isn't, if we want sexualized characters fighting each other we already have every other fighter for that.
How about we just make all the characters different colored blocks? That way no one can nitpick any other character. It's genius!

I seriously don't understand why people whine and cry about sexualization of characters. It's just another form of character design; just because you don't like it doesn't mean it's taboo.

JCDied4U

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sieger
I hope ZSS is going to be high tier :3
I hope she isn't, if we want sexualized characters fighting each other we already have every other fighter for that.
How about we just make all the characters different colored blocks? That way no one can nitpick any other character. It's genius!

I seriously don't understand why people whine and cry about sexualization of characters. It's just another form of character design; just because you don't like it doesn't mean it's taboo.
When did I say it was taboo? My point is that every other fighting game has overly sexualized characters so why does Smash have to do that too? I don't want ZSS to be the Cammy of SSB.

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
When did I say it was taboo? My point is that every other fighting game has overly sexualized characters so why does Smash have to do that too? I don't want ZSS to be the Cammy of SSB.
Well I like it, and so do others, so there's your counterargument.

Critzilean

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Critzilean
3DS FC
1693-2152-0414
Switch FC
SW-2556-2425-6120
Whether or not she's oversexualized depends on the jiggle physics :p

Wasp

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3523-2036-8883
The Zelda in Smash Bros is from Twilight Princess and never becomes Sheik. Samus and Zero Suit Samus are indeed the same character, but who cares? The game now makes ZSS and Sheik full fledged characters and they are better for it.
yeah true to that, but ur still missing the point.... it's just about the idea you're battling yourself... doesn't make sense, but yeah, i'm happy with these changes too.

Shamoz

Smash Cadet
As someone who's played a lot of ZSS in brawl, I don't think the inclusion of "jet pumps" are going to change her playstyle that much, aside from the side smash and up B (which i admit, look quite cool). In SSBB, her jump height was already way above average, so maybe they just add some aesthetics? Additionally, the f-air, b-air, s-tilt, and up tilt look near identical aside from jet flare, but i can imagine that they might do slightly more damage. If anyone looks at the Endless-AGB pictures, they'll see that the neutral B and side B return in a similar fashion. At this point, the down smash, down B, and up air will really determine how ZSS will turn out.

Phoenix502

Smash Ace
NNID
Phoenix502
3DS FC
4811-6967-8095
Hey, who else has this funny feeling that jet boots on ZSS seem more inspired from that Monty Oum fan film Haloid? only thing different is that the ZSS in that film had an obviously asian face, and the Paralyzer was a Lightsaber knockoff (since the creator didn't know it was a whip then).

certainly would be cool to consider, though, it'd be neat if that was a confirmed inspiration...

Chimera

Smash Journeyman
NNID
cmChimera
yeah true to that, but ur still missing the point.... it's just about the idea you're battling yourself... doesn't make sense, but yeah, i'm happy with these changes too.
Do you find it odd that two players can play as the same character at the same time?

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
I mean this in the nicest way possible: What the hell are you talking about?
In Fire Emblem Awakening, the Outrealm is a world between the worlds, so to speak. It connects alternate universes within at least the Fire Emblem canon, and almost all of the game's DLC takes place there. Whether it also connects to non-FE worlds is up in the air so far.

The Einherjar are magical constructs, summoned through cards, that are based on legendary figures--in Awakening, there are Einherjar of a ton of characters from previous Fire Emblem games. While they resemble the legendary heroes, they're no more than caricatures made in their likeness. They are sentient, though, which leads to a few moral dilemmas in the DLC chapters.

Since Melee, at least, the Smash Bros. roster hasn't used the actual characters, but trophies based on them--swap "trophy" for "card", and you have the Einherjar. The setting of The Subspace Emissary doesn't truly exist in any one Nintendo universe; it's a mashup of familiar and all new locations--just like the Outrealm. There's enough of a resemblance that'd make you wonder if they might be one and the same, at least...

tl;dr, it's a Fire Emblem thing. >_>

Last edited:

BigHairyFart

Salty Supreme
NNID
JackAzzMcTittles
tl;dr, it's a Fire Emblem thing. >_>
Well, that certainly explains why I don't know anything about it :p
I've always wanted to try Fire Emblem, but they're hard to find. Plus, when I got the demo for Awakening, I hated every minute of it, so now I'm cautious to try others.

Psycho_Bayleef

Smash Apprentice

How do you not over-sexualize her in your eyes? She's wearing a skin-tight suit. Unless you mean the heels. Over sexualization is based on ones on perception of the character and opinion on what over sexualization means. What kind of complaint is this anyways? ZSS isn't anywhere near as sexualized as other fighting game females(Litchi doe?). And sexualization isn't even a problem in fighting games for the most part because the main audience isn't children. ZSS is powerful, confident, and appropriately sexy. That is in no way a bad thing. The times when thing's are "over-sexualized" are when they give us(us being gamers who are attracted to females) false pretenses that a girl should dress/act in ways similar to the game//and give us unrealistic images for what a female should look like//cause us to care more about body than personality. And when they make female(/those who identify with being female) gamers uncomfortable with their own body because of unrealistic characters(Litchi doe?). And the other huge part of being over-sexualized is how the character acts. Does the character use her sexyness at all, does the character generally act in ways based on her looks//in ways that are erotic?(See: Ivy from Soul Calibur series) Samus Aran has a strong personality, looks realistic(As in shes not overly skinny, breasts/butt are properly proportioned, not alot of skin showing, etc.), never uses her looks as an asset, and is a strong character who isn't portrayed as helpless or needy. Oh? What's that? She's not over-sexualized? that's right. Go qq about over sexualization somewhere else, perhaps League forums where the champs are blatantly created to be over-sexualized(Ahri doe?).
And **** you for making me use the word(s?) over-sexualized essentially a billion times.

Last edited:

Wasp

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3523-2036-8883
Do you find it odd that two players can play as the same character at the same time?
Well it does look a bit weird you gotta admit that... But im not mad about it. Im happy that it is possible. All i say is that i understood the point someone was making about split characters like zelda and sheik... They're the same character.

Its like "I choose Zelda". "Oh yeah? Then i'll choose Sheik"... "w... Wait... Zelda IS Sheik right?"

Know what i mean?

Sonicguy726

Smash Lord
Sadly that's true. I think my hype for this game has died anyways with the 3DS game coming out first, so I think I'm going to leave this site for at least a while.
I think it's a good move on their part, people will buy the 3DS version and once they find out there's a better version that can link to the 3DS version they'll buy that, plus it's a nice little taste for what's to come

yamatosenpai

Smash Cadet
Sadly that's true. I think my hype for this game has died anyways with the 3DS game coming out first, so I think I'm going to leave this site for at least a while.
I think that your hype will be there when the game finally comes out I mean you do have Little Mac as your avatar. XD and maybe the wait will be worth it...

BILL?

Smash Apprentice
Ill totally keep her as a main, so long as combos don't get annihilated. Fluidity of movement and ridiculous combos (also just becuz ZSS) are why i play her in PM.
Also, ZSS is not low tier in PM. She is underrepresented, but definitely high tier. CT list has some questionable placements, peach and ZSS in lows with ganondorf is trololol. She was also a high tier in brawl. Never was low tier lol.

Demna

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1478-4225-1103
Ill totally keep her as a main, so long as combos don't get annihilated. Fluidity of movement and ridiculous combos (also just becuz ZSS) are why i play her in PM.
Also, ZSS is not low tier in PM. She is underrepresented, but definitely high tier. CT list has some questionable placements, peach and ZSS in lows with ganondorf is trololol. She was also a high tier in brawl. Never was low tier lol.
ZSS is definitely not high tier in PM. I'm 100% sure she doesn't go over Mid-tier.

Top Bottom