• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash WiiU & 3DS Miiverse Daily Pic - April 10th

ReddMudkipz

Smash Rookie
NNID
ReddMudkipz
3DS FC
2079-6699-7855
The new ZSS looks really fun. She reminds me of Chie from P4A

LoneWolfRanger

Smash Apprentice
sweet, ZSS was weak in brawl (and PM). Hopefully she well be more stronk this time around

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
I hope she'll be stronk too lol.

What is SA-X?
In Metroid 4 aka Metroid Fusion, Samus was infected by a parasite called the X parasite. The parasite nearly kills Samus, and in order to save her, they needed to surgically remove her suit. (They also injected her with Metroid DNA, allowing her to fight off the X parasite that was still in her body after the operation.)

Anyways, the SA-X is a shadow of who Samus was. It took over the parts of her suit that were removed (they were sent to a research center so that they can gather more data on the X parasite.) It had all of the abilities that Samus had when she became infected, including the Ice Beam (which was a problem for Samus, since that she was part Metroid, she was more vulnerable to cold.)

Pega-pony Princess

Smash Lord
NNID
auraoftwilight
3DS FC
2938-6383-8579
This is gonna by fun. I didn't like playing as her in Brawl, but the addition of the jet boots should change that.

hypeconductor

Smash Rookie
with the release of more info and characters we will be able to see more new things in the picture of the day more info equals more info

PokéMurio

Smash Apprentice
I waited for something more interesting for POTD but oh well. Hopefully Greninja tomorrow

Last edited:

Mr Lange

Smash Apprentice
This just further enforces how dumb the decision was to remove transformations. Now ZSS and Samus, as well as Zelda and Sheik, are counted as separate characters, which also means they'll both be in battle with default colors. They have split the exact same characters into separate individual characters. It's really stupid when you think about it.

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
This just further enforces how dumb the decision was to remove transformations. Now ZSS and Samus, as well as Zelda and Sheik, are counted as separate characters, which also means they'll both be in battle with default colors. They have split the exact same characters into separate individual characters. It's really stupid when you think about it.
All the Smash characters are just reanimated trophies, so it doesn't matter. Did you watch Smash 64, Melee, and Brawl's intros?

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
So this is stupid, yet people think I'm stupid for not wanting Paper Mario/Dr. Mario as their own characters.

I think ZSS and Sheik being their own characters is much more justifiable, as at the very least, Samus and Zelda's abilities and aesthetics are COMPLETELY different in these forms, making them feel like different characters entirely.

Last edited:

ask_thedoctor

Smash Rookie
What do default colors have to do with anything? Splitting the characters makes sense for all but the players who mastered both Zelda and Sheik and switched between the two often in-game. Samus and Zero Suit were completely separate in Brawl, only (basically) linked by a Final Smash. If one didn't play with those on, then there was no way to change back and forth between the two characters. It makes far more sense to split it up, keep things more balanced, and give Zelda & Sheik both a new down-special move.

TopTierPichu

Smash Ace
You make it sound like smash never had 2 characters who were canonically the same before

Wasp

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3523-2036-8883
i kinda agree with him tbh... Zelda is sheik, and ZSS is Samus, so it doesn't make sense. But there was always the option to alternate your color so that 4 same characters could fight against eachother, so that wouldn't make sense either...

But I understand his point. being able to choose the same with other color is acceptable cuz it would suck if you couldn't choose your fav when someone else chooses it first. The separation of these two characters however, suggest that the splitted characters are individuals while they're actually the same person.

Chimera

Smash Journeyman
NNID
cmChimera
i kinda agree with him tbh... Zelda is sheik, and ZSS is Samus, so it doesn't make sense. But there was always the option to alternate your color so that 4 same characters could fight against eachother, so that wouldn't make sense either...

But I understand his point. being able to choose the same with other color is acceptable cuz it would suck if you couldn't choose your fav when someone else chooses it first. The separation of these two characters however, suggest that the splitted characters are individuals while they're actually the same person.
The Zelda in Smash Bros is from Twilight Princess and never becomes Sheik. Samus and Zero Suit Samus are indeed the same character, but who cares? The game now makes ZSS and Sheik full fledged characters and they are better for it.

Nixon Corral

Southland Scion
NNID
Nixon_Corral
Not the most exciting post, but I don't think anyone expected much right after the Direct. I hope the boots add an interesting new wrinkle to Zamus play. I think they will!

Malkasaur

Smash Journeyman
Game looks too good. WHY CANT IT COME OUT SOONER. Oh well. At least I have time to prepare for the M2K apocalypse. God help us all when M2K gets his hands on the game.

MangoTwist

Smash Apprentice
There are multiple incarnations of Zelda, so.it's not unreasonable that both Sheik (from Ocarina of Time) and Zelda (from, say, Twilight Princess) are both on the roster.

As for ZSS and Samus? It's just another case of Dr. Mario and Mario. It doesn't make too much sense, but we've dealt with it before.

Sonicguy726

Smash Lord
Game looks too good. WHY CANT IT COME OUT SOONER. Oh well. At least I have time to prepare for the M2K apocalypse. God help us all when M2K gets his hands on the game.
Well we have the 3DS version as a little taste of what's to come in summer

Sqa$

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bazaar
I'm interested with the ZSS game, because based on this picture, she can jump higher this time around. Also, we haven't seen her use her gun yet, which is interesting. Potentially they didn't map it yet, but it would be really cool if she was less reliant on her weapon and more rocket-kick based.

Sonicguy726

Smash Lord
There are multiple incarnations of Zelda, so.it's not unreasonable that both Sheik (from Ocarina of Time) and Zelda (from, say, Twilight Princess) are both on the roster.

As for ZSS and Samus? It's just another case of Dr. Mario and Mario. It doesn't make too much sense, but we've dealt with it before.
But that sheik is based on the TP concept art, so it's not really OoT, but who cares it's a none cannon fighting game, If you can do something to make it more fun and balanced do it. Also let's just assume thats the SA-X

Stueyman2099

Smash Cadet
By this logic we shouldn't be able to have mirror matches, and Mario and Doc shouldn't both be in the game as different characters.

This isn't meant to be cannon. It's a game. I find your complaints silly.

roymustang1990-

Smash Ace
NNID
RoyMustang1990
Characters that transform into other characters wasn't exactly a win-win situation. Shiek and Zelda down b's were sacrifice for this type of act. Zero suit's final smash also suffered and never really felt like a final smash,if that makes sense.It's just common sense to keep the characters like these separate,on a more competitive mindset.

Critzilean

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Critzilean
3DS FC
1693-2152-0414
Switch FC
SW-2556-2425-6120
For all you canon nerds people, when both Samus and Zamus are in a game, just imagine Samus is SA-X. As for Sheik and Zelda, they're like Link/T. Link, Sheik is from OoT (even though she has the TP redesign) and Zelda from Twilight Princess

Man Li Gi

Smash Lord
NNID
ManLiGi
I have a proper response to this statement, but what you're saying are very minor drivels and makes you sound like a whiny person. Anyway, posting what I posted in a PT thread:"My thinking in why transformation was completely removed: the reason transformations took so long is because the data about the transformation/character switch was read directly from the game's disk. In SSBM the transformation was read from the Memory Card. With HD graphics and a team dedicated to balancing the game, having a mid match transformation seems out of place, will be even slower, and probably will entirely skew the MU. Take a look at Squirtle. Does well against KD3, Pika, and Falco, but when you were forced to play as Charizard, the amount of CGs you will get from those main 3 will make this match very hard to win."

Sonicguy726

Smash Lord
Characters that transform into other characters wasn't exactly a win-win situation. Shiek and Zelda down b's were sacrifice for this type of act. Zero suit's final smash also suffered and never really felt like a final smash,if that makes sense.It's just common sense to keep the characters like these separate,on a more competitive mindset.
Yeah it was dumb how samus' final smash forced you into the other character, you couldn't even select them on the character select and it put you at a disadvantage when it switched you to the one you are worse with

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
Yeah it was dumb how samus' final smash forced you into the other character, you couldn't even select them on the character select and it put you at a disadvantage when it switched you to the one you are worse with
ZSS was selectable, but not in an obvious way. Just hold any shield button down while selecting Samus, and then go into the stage select.

yamatosenpai

Smash Cadet
With dem boots she's sure to be
I think that her move set with be even more fluid than in brawl, from what I saw of the characters released so far. At first when I was watching the Nintendo direct I thought Sakurai was serious of about removing ZSS from the roster and just having Samus. Well basically they're their own characters now like in Project M. I'm also glad about Zelda being a separate character from Sheik and that Charzard is returning as well. So with all that said the hype is real and can't what Nintendo has in store for us at the next E3.

Sonicguy726

Smash Lord
I think that her move set with be even more fluid than in brawl, from what I saw of the characters released so far. At first when I was watching the Nintendo direct I thought Sakurai was serious of about removing ZSS from the roster and just having Samus. Well basically they're their own characters now like in Project M. I'm also glad about Zelda being a separate character from Sheik and that Charzard is returning as well. So with all that said the hype is real and can't what Nintendo has in store for us at the next E3.
I'm guessing palutena, another 3rd party character, another newcomer and a few veterans as well as a solid release date at least for the 3DS version

Top Bottom