• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Wii U SMASH WII U DIRECT CONFIRMED!!! - Oct.23 NA, Oct.24 EU, JP, AU

gamer8

Smash Lord
I hope there were some people who recorded their reactions of this stream just in case, I can't wait to see the Mewtwo reactions. I was going ballistic the second I saw his foot.

LuffyLink

Smash Apprentice
The Nintendo hype train will never stop!! HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE x Over 90000000 :mewtwopm:

Shog

Smash Ace
AGAIN: I am a Ridley fan, and this is the next best thing: He has the KO Stock ICON ffs, that's more than any other "assist" trophy.

Come on guys. His inclusion might be guaranteed atleast in the next game

cochiseSMASH

Smash Apprentice
So if I'm reading reports right - Mewtwo isn't going to be available until Spring 2015? I mean its great that Mewtwo is in the game, but I was kind of hoping the whole connect 3DS to Wii U thing would result in immediate new characters being available. And it also makes me think future DLC will be sparse if a single character meant as a bonus for people who have both versions takes 6 months +.

But I was happy with the original roster and will be buying regardless.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
AGAIN: I am a Ridley fan, and this is the next best thing: He has the KO Stock ICON ffs, that's more than any other "assist" trophy.

Come on guys. His inclusion might be guaranteed atleast in the next game
sure but I wont be thinking about the next game so early because we dont even know if there is even going to be one.

wizardto1

Smash Lord
NNID
waddledee3
3DS FC
1676-4166-2291
Umm.. has anyone noticed that Skyworld was labeled as Legend of Zelda stage?

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Seriously, you need a 3DS, 3DS version, Wii U, and Wii U version just for Mewtwo? Buying a friggin Wii U and the game and dropping money for a DLC download is not enough? I'd drop $20 alone for Mewtwo, but this is garbage.

**** you Nintendo/Sakurai. You make the likes of M$ EA, and Ubi look venerable.
You're overreacting too much and not thinking forward if there's going to be a standalone DLC, and that last line was a low blow, not cool.

Anyway time to wait video reactions, while I rewatch Jr. Trailer another 5 times

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Again no trolling, the staff will have no mercy.

LinkNIvy

Smash Apprentice
anyone else not hyped about Smash Tour? It looks incredibly boring and slow. :/
I felt that way until the news about collected characters being able to duke it out at the end, unlike one minute of payoff with Smash Run.

Mysteltainn

Smash Ace
Well, that was a great Direct in my opinion! So much content is going into the Wii U version, and it looks incredible.

One thing I wonder is, where was Duck Hunt Duo's trailer?

Last edited:

Hartenberg

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Hartenberg
3DS FC
1220-8573-2488
Looks like all the stages will once again be on the same screen, like the 3DS version.
Hold up. This might already be confirmed, but what is the stage on the far left of the 3rd row....is that.......KONGO JUNGLE FROM THE N64? Please. For the love of god please.

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
As for the BJ trailer, it just seemed like a replica of the Megaman Trailer with a few different elements. Not very impressed with it. Hopefully DH's trailer will be better, whenever that will be.

Also Mewtwo should have gotten one...

AbioFlesh

Smash Lord
There was a moment when discussing the part where Pit can have special conversations in Palutena's Temple (like Snake in Brawl in Shadow Moses). There was a part where Pit and Robin were there, and Chrom showed up talking with Palutena.
The stream lagged over that part for me, might as well wait for Nintendo to upload it.

LinkNIvy

Smash Apprentice

Hello. My name is Samus Aran. You killed my parents. Prepare to die.
I think you mean "Hello. My name is Samus Aran. You killed my parents. I'm going to have a meltdown even though I've killed you many times in the past."

Shog

Smash Ace
Hold up. This might already be confirmed, but what is the stage on the far left of the 3rd row....is that.......KONGO JUNGLE FROM THE N64? Please. For the love of god please.
OMG. OMG. OMG

IT IS.

ZHE BEST N64 STAGE

I WILL GET A HEARTATTACK HOLY MOLY GLOLY

SSBIx3M

Smash Apprentice
Looks like all the stages will once again be on the same screen, like the 3DS version.
What do I see there??? ... Is .. Is it Congo Jungle from Smash 64???? :O
Edit: Dang it.. It lagged.. Sorry!
Someone else asked it already. :3

Last edited:

Johnpiece

Smash Rookie
I'm CERTAINLY no expert on the topic. But i'm wondering how long it actually takes to develop ONE character. 5+ months seems a little extensive to me.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
So I'm guessing The Tower of Smash rumor is true...or kinda evolved into this Order stuff

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Bowser Jr.'s Trailer was the definition of bada**ness, If I were Bowser I would be very proud of having such a boss son.
Now I can't wait to see Duck Hunt's one

Hartenberg

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Hartenberg
3DS FC
1220-8573-2488
OMG. OMG. OMG

IT IS.

ZHE BEST N64 STAGE

I WILL GET A HEARTATTACK HOLY MOLY GLOLY
My favorite stage from Smash 64 is back. I'm a very happy dude as well.

So.....who wants to donate to the "Hartenberg really needs a Wii U for Smash" foundation?

Niala

Smash Ace
I'm CERTAINLY no expert on the topic. But i'm wondering how long it actually takes to develop ONE character. 5+ months seems a little extensive to me.
There's really no given time limit, but Sakurai has stated before that each subsequent character takes longer to implement than the previous. New characters have to be balanced around the existing roster, so for every other character there's more development time necessary.

Also, I doubt with the game release coming up they're worried about the DLC right now. They're on the online upkeep train lately, so I'm under the impression they'll allocate less resources to Mewtwo initially. Besides, it's better to say Spring 2015 and be accurate than have to delay it if they can't finish in time.

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
I hope there were some people who recorded their reactions of this stream just in case, I can't wait to see the Mewtwo reactions. I was going ballistic the second I saw his foot.
I actually did prepare a live reaction to this Smash U Direct.

You can view my reaction here.

Johnpiece

Smash Rookie
There's really no given time limit, but Sakurai has stated before that each subsequent character takes longer to implement than the previous. New characters have to be balanced around the existing roster, so for every other character there's more development time necessary.

Also, I doubt with the game release coming up they're worried about the DLC right now. They're on the online upkeep train lately, so I'm under the impression they'll allocate less resources to Mewtwo initially. Besides, it's better to say Spring 2015 and be accurate than have to delay it if they can't finish in time.
Well noted. Thank you.

DeiSakuChris

Smash Apprentice
Okay, I'm going to be labeled as a mad kid but I go anyway.

It's great for Mewtwo fans, and I kinda liked Mewtwo (He was my most used character in Melee) but there's something that is infuriating me.

Is that it's Mewtwo alone, and that Wolf and Lucas get btfo hard.

I know it's hard to make a "new character" (Since they're recreating from scratch) but I can't help on hating this favoritism.

Top Bottom