• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash Wii U/3DS Social 7.0

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I've pretty much been quiet when it came to NX talk. I guess when you're in the dark, there's not much to talk about outside of speculation, and even that can get boring after a while.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
NX being revealed hype?! Whyyyy do they have to do it tomorrow, I'm not ready...
I'm pretty much patient on my end. Chances are, I won't be getting it on the release date, especially since it's not expected to be released until March 2017 or later.

But I guess another reason for my patience is due to the lack of games that I'm looking forward to. The only one that I can think of is Breath of the Wild, and last I've checked, that game is going to be available for the Wii U (not exactly worth getting an NX right now).

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
For some dang reason, my keyboard's laptop wasn't working, so I clicked restart. However, it was stuck on a black screen and the power button wasn't working, so I had to unplug my battery to turn it off.

Doing a virus scan just in case.

Sebagomez

Smash Journeyman
NN..........................N.....X..........X..........!!!....!!!...!!!
N..N.......................N.......X........X...........!!!....!!!...!!!
N....N....................N.........X......X............!!!....!!!...!!!
N.....N..................N...........X....X.............!!!....!!!...!!!
N......N................N.............X..X..............!!!....!!!...!!!
N.......N..............N................X................!!!....!!!...!!!
N........N............N...............X..X..............!!!....!!!...!!!
N.........N..........N...............X....X.............!!!....!!!...!!!
N..........N........N...............X......X...........
N...........N......N...............X........X..........
N............N....N...............X..........X..........!!!....!!!...!!!
N..............NN................X............X.........!!!....!!!...!!!

MY HYPE IS REALLY HIGH, OH GOSH, I HATE YOU NINTENDO, I'M NOT SUPPOSE TO BE HYPED (SEE NO MAN'S SKY)

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Oui le testé e dificulté, is my french good?
Heh.
Ton français est drôle. :p It should be "Oui, le test est difficile."

------------

Anyway, finally we can put an end to months of desperation with the NX reveal. It spawned a ton of jokes though, which kept me entertained.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
if BoTw is coming out on Wii u, whats the point in getting a nx
This is implying that you won't care for any future NX games. That's rather unlikely.
Though, yes, this means you can delay your purchase of NX by a few months or a year.

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
This is implying that you won't care for any future NX games. That's rather unlikely.
Though, yes, this means you can delay your purchase of NX by a few months or a year.
That's pretty much what I've been thinking myself; give the system some time before even trying to purchase one.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I love how just seeing Bethesda supporting it got me hyped. Nintendo has to be making the right moves. It has major third party support that isn't WB, Ubisoft o Activision.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I was blown away. That is a really powerful gaming portable.

Beautiful job, Nintendo. Absolutely beautiful.

The game line up was amazing too. MK8, New 3D Mario, Kario Kart, Skyrim, wow.

Kamikazek

Smash Lord
My god, it's like some sort of Super Game Boy!

I've not once seen a console name not be generally disliked or more often hated upon reveal with the exception of the PlayStation home consoles 'cause they just increase the number at the end by one. So there's that.

Console is...eh? It's not a bad idea, and I can see why they went with it given current gaming trends in Japan and Ninendo's current standing of dominating portables and not doing so hot with home consoles. Doesn't terribly excite me though. Better than a straight graphics/processor upgrade at least, though I'm not sure that's what most consumers will think.

Ryu_Ken

Ace Adventurer and Truth Seeker
NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
I'm curious to see how the detachable controllers feel. Holding them in both hands would probably feel like holding a Wiimote+Nunchuck. I have no problem with that.
Screen Shot 2016-10-20 at 9.53.29 AM.png

This ain't gonna feel like no Wiimote, though. The spacing between the joystick and the buttons is small, and the whole button scheme is skewed to one side of the Joy-Con. Do you want your right thumb to be stronger than your left thumb? It also looks like it'd slip out of your hands given the rounded bottom.

With that said, I'm looking forward to the day where I won't have to drag my WiiU+Gamepad around looking for an outlet just to play Twilight Princess HD on the go.

JayE

Smash Journeyman
Hyrule and Altea, the universes of Zelda and FE
NNID
PinoyPlayerJ
3DS FC
2982-0290-3968
THE NS!
I really like it. I can play all kinds of games on the go. Since they showed Skyrim hopefully the Switch is just as or close to the power of the PS4... also long battery life please. I wished they showed Smash but hey its cool to see them promote Splatoon. DLC confirmed for MK8... so maybe Smash is getting more? HYPE

Knuckles the Knuckles

Here's a taste of the remedy
NNID
Dromader
...well Im pretty unimpressed. The only thing remotely interesting to me is seeing a Bethesda game on Nintendo's hardware.

Should have been Doom tho.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
THE NS!
I really like it. I can play all kinds of games on the go. Since they showed Skyrim hopefully the Switch is just as or close to the power of the PS4... also long battery life please. I wished they showed Smash but hey its cool to see them promote Splatoon. DLC confirmed for MK8... so maybe Smash is getting more? HYPE
Technically, it seems that the Mario Kart 8 contents that we saw are not exactly DLC, but rather an edition that has features you won't find on the Wii U version (King Boo + holding up to two items).

JayE

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PinoyPlayerJ
3DS FC
2982-0290-3968
Technically, it seems that the Mario Kart 8 contents that we saw are not exactly DLC, but rather an edition that has features you won't find on the Wii U version (King Boo + holding up to two items).
yeah people are saying that its MK9, but I hope its just a remaster. Like a large update for MK8, the graphics look just like MK8, and the footage was from Yoshi Circuit, which is in MK8. But it may be MK9, who knows. I just don't want to buy everything over again for the NS.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
yeah people are saying that its MK9, but I hope its just a remaster. Like a large update for MK8, the graphics look just like MK8, and the footage was from Yoshi Circuit, which is in MK8. But it may be MK9, who knows. I just don't want to buy everything over again for the NS.
Yeah it looks too much like Mario Kart 8 when you look at the track and vehicle parts that are being used. The only differences are that King Boo is present, and you can carry up to two items; none of those contents are in the Wii U version.

JayE

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PinoyPlayerJ
3DS FC
2982-0290-3968
Yeah it looks too much like Mario Kart 8 when you look at the track and vehicle parts that are being used. The only differences are that King Boo is present, and you can carry up to two items; none of those contents are in the Wii U version.
I'm hoping that the two items thing is an added mode called "Switch mode" or something since you can switch between items potentially... and its called the Nintendo Switch... lol. King Boo can easily be a DLC character.

JayZee1700

Smash Apprentice
NNID
JZ1700
3DS FC
4442-2981-4202

Imagine how much the meta would change with the smash controller!

Whole new control schemes would sprout, making things like Bidou viable, or maybe an undiscovered tech!

Who knows what could happen?

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
What is this?! A Nintendo new that is actually positif?!?
What's next? That a good Anime adaptation of Pandora Hearts is going to happen?
And if you say no, then...Heh, you know what they said?

But I know it will never happen. :C

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I'm hoping that the two items thing is an added mode called "Switch mode" or something since you can switch between items potentially... and its called the Nintendo Switch... lol. King Boo can easily be a DLC character.
We do need to keep in mind, however, that this could just be a tech demo, and won't be released to the public.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I hope not. King Boo and Star bike was my signature in MKWii.
Mario Kart 8 is pretty much all done with its DLC, and has terminated the Mario Kart TV website, so it seems rather fishy to see new contents on a game that has nothing left to reveal.

Either it's NS exclusive contents, or it's just a demo to showcase the NS's capabilities.

JayZee1700

Smash Apprentice
NNID
JZ1700
3DS FC
4442-2981-4202
In the trailer you can see that you can take your game and play the exact same file on someone else's NS. With this in mind, having trouble with getting all DLCs at local tournaments won't be a problem. Also, since a person can use their controller on any NX, then what's gonna happen to GC Controllers?

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I was blown away. That is a really powerful gaming portable.

Beautiful job, Nintendo. Absolutely beautiful.

The game line up was amazing too. MK8, New 3D Mario, Kario Kart, Skyrim, wow.
This console must have a long battery life. And last but not least, supports GC controller adapter.

Buffoon

Smash Ace
NNID
Buffoon_on_U
3DS FC
1719-3804-4029
So.

Considering that (thus far) Nintendo's porting two of the best selling Wii U titles while making tweaks and adding extras to said ports; would it be safe to assume that Sm4sh will likely receive the same treatment???

And last but not least, supports GC controller adapter.
Are there USB ports? I haven't seen thus far.

Top Bottom