• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash Wii U/3DS Social 7.0

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Alright, I gave you a year.
Now it's time.

Go to bed Rysir.

Nobody is going to see this.
I see it.

In other things, if we see Pokemon Switch at E3 this thread title will be relevant again.

AmericanDJ

Marquess Ostia | Other Trap Butler ★
NNID
Derek123
3DS FC
1650-1984-4165
Switch FC
SW-7880-5897-7871
I forgot to mention this earlier, but I have now managed to beat FF7 and have now beaten the entire KH series (excluding, Days and coded, since they were just cutcenes in the remasters, and chi/Union Cross, which I've barley touched).

So here are my thoughts on both of those, copied and pasted from the Nintenzone Social.
I am not quite sure where to begin when it comes to my thoughts on the game, but it may help to get my problems with the game out of the way. I personally feel one aspect of this game that hasn’t aged too well is the overworld models. I suppose Square Enix was getting used to the technology at the time though. However, I still feel like the battle models look decent. I suppose a sort of weird complaint about the game that I have that also has to do with the presentation is that it can be a little hard to know whether something is part of the environment or just in the background.

That’s about all that I can think of in regards to what I didn’t like about it. One of my favorite things about the game as a whole has to be the soundtrack. The Final Fantasy series in general has a fantastic soundtrack, but many would consider FF7’s soundtrack to be among the better ones. Some of my favorites include Aerith’s theme, the Main theme, One-Winged Angel, Cosmo Canyon, and JENOVA, just to name a few.

Another thing that I quite like about the game is the story. While some may feel like Amnesiac Heroes have been done to death in JRPGs, I think that the plot is still very well written and has quite a lot of great moments. Going together with the story, I also quite like the cast of characters in the game. Red XIII, Aerith, and Cloud were probably the ones that I liked the most, and on the villains side, Sephiroth is a fantastic villain.

As for the battle system, I had quite a lot of fun with it. Limit Breaks are a cool mechanic(even though a lot of games have mechanics similar to them), and while I didn’t level up all of the Limit Breaks, I still managed to get the Final Limit Break Manuals for everyone but Cloud. I really like how the Materia system allows for quite a lot of customization for all of the characters(although, I’m not sure if I really made the best use of it considering I would mainly just equip most of my Materia on all of my characters).

Overall, I enjoyed it a lot and can see why many consider it a classic, and I can’t wait for the upcoming remake.
Kingdom Hearts is a series that, for a while, I had heard a decent bit about, but had never actually played. It had always seemed like a game that I would enjoy, but for whatever reason, I had never played the games, as I did not have a way of playing them. That changed when I got a PS4 and purchased the collections on the PS4.

To start off, this may seem obvious, but one of the highlights for the series to me is going to all of the different Disney worlds in the games. While I dislike that they’ve mostly become filler in the later games, they’ve still remained fun, and the ones in KH3 seem like they’ll be less filler-y.

It might sound weird to some, but one of my favorite parts of the series is the story. Sure, it does get pretty complicated at times, and you do kind of need to play every game in order to get the full story, but I still find the overall story and lore quite interesting. I also haven’t had much trouble understanding the story. Although, that may have to do with the fact that I was playing the Final Mix versions of the games(which come with some added cutscenes, as well as some other things), the order in which I played them, and the fact that I tend to go on the KH wiki and TV Tropes a lot.

Another thing that I enjoy about the series is the characters. I enjoy seeing the interactions that the characters have with each other, and my favorite characters would probably be Roxas, Riku, Axel/Lea, and Aqua. I also quite like the villains of the series as well. In addition to the existing Disney villains, I feel like the series has some quite interesting original villains as well, such as Xehanort and Organization XIII.

One aspect of the series that it would be difficult for me not to acknowledge is the soundtrack. The Kingdom Hearts series is one of Yoko Shimomura’s most recognized works, and for good reason. From intense battle themes like Darkness of the Unknown, Rage Awakened, and Dismiss, to the more calm themes like Dearly Beloved, Kairi’s theme, and Destiny’s Union, to the series main themes(which aren’t by Shimomura), Simple and Clean and Sanctuary, as well as their orchestrated versions, the soundtrack of the series is always awesome.

As for the overall gameplay of the series, I quite enjoy it. While some may criticize the combat for being very button-mashy(which I personally disagree with), I’ve found the battle systems of the series to be quite fun and they have a fair bit of depth to them. My favorite battle system is probably the one in Kingdom Hearts I (due to, in my opinion, being the most strategic out of all of them) or the one in Kingdom Hearts II (due to the amount of options with stuff like Drive Forms).

As for what my favorite game in the series is, if I had to pick one, it would be Kingdom Hearts I. The first game just feels so magical to me, and I personally like the level design the best, as well as having one of my favorite combat systems in the series. Although, Kingdom Hearts II is a very close second.

Overall, I loved playing through the series. I don’t think that the series is quite for everyone, but after playing through the series, it’s now become one of my favorite video game series, and I can’t wait for when Kingdom Hearts III releases.
If you enjoyed Kh3D, I'm sure you'll really like 0.2.
Fun fact: 0.2 was originally gonna be the prologue section for Kingdom Hearts 3. Seems that they decided to include it with the 2.8 package to tide us over until the game comes out.
I forgot to reply to this earlier, but I ended up quite enjoying 0.2. It was quite interesting to see what happened to Aqua in the time between BBS and the original game, and the additions to the battle system of the series were very nice. It was pretty short, but what was there was very enjoyable.

Also, I do remember reading about 0.2's development on TV Tropes, but I don't think I heard about 0.2 originally being the prologue. That's pretty interesting.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I forgot to mention this earlier, but I have now managed to beat FF7 and have now beaten the entire KH series (excluding, Days and coded, since they were just cutcenes in the remasters, and chi/Union Cross, which I've barley touched).

So here are my thoughts on both of those, copied and pasted from the Nintenzone Social.
I am not quite sure where to begin when it comes to my thoughts on the game, but it may help to get my problems with the game out of the way. I personally feel one aspect of this game that hasn’t aged too well is the overworld models. I suppose Square Enix was getting used to the technology at the time though. However, I still feel like the battle models look decent. I suppose a sort of weird complaint about the game that I have that also has to do with the presentation is that it can be a little hard to know whether something is part of the environment or just in the background.

That’s about all that I can think of in regards to what I didn’t like about it. One of my favorite things about the game as a whole has to be the soundtrack. The Final Fantasy series in general has a fantastic soundtrack, but many would consider FF7’s soundtrack to be among the better ones. Some of my favorites include Aerith’s theme, the Main theme, One-Winged Angel, Cosmo Canyon, and JENOVA, just to name a few.

Another thing that I quite like about the game is the story. While some may feel like Amnesiac Heroes have been done to death in JRPGs, I think that the plot is still very well written and has quite a lot of great moments. Going together with the story, I also quite like the cast of characters in the game. Red XIII, Aerith, and Cloud were probably the ones that I liked the most, and on the villains side, Sephiroth is a fantastic villain.

As for the battle system, I had quite a lot of fun with it. Limit Breaks are a cool mechanic(even though a lot of games have mechanics similar to them), and while I didn’t level up all of the Limit Breaks, I still managed to get the Final Limit Break Manuals for everyone but Cloud. I really like how the Materia system allows for quite a lot of customization for all of the characters(although, I’m not sure if I really made the best use of it considering I would mainly just equip most of my Materia on all of my characters).

Overall, I enjoyed it a lot and can see why many consider it a classic, and I can’t wait for the upcoming remake.
Kingdom Hearts is a series that, for a while, I had heard a decent bit about, but had never actually played. It had always seemed like a game that I would enjoy, but for whatever reason, I had never played the games, as I did not have a way of playing them. That changed when I got a PS4 and purchased the collections on the PS4.

To start off, this may seem obvious, but one of the highlights for the series to me is going to all of the different Disney worlds in the games. While I dislike that they’ve mostly become filler in the later games, they’ve still remained fun, and the ones in KH3 seem like they’ll be less filler-y.

It might sound weird to some, but one of my favorite parts of the series is the story. Sure, it does get pretty complicated at times, and you do kind of need to play every game in order to get the full story, but I still find the overall story and lore quite interesting. I also haven’t had much trouble understanding the story. Although, that may have to do with the fact that I was playing the Final Mix versions of the games(which come with some added cutscenes, as well as some other things), the order in which I played them, and the fact that I tend to go on the KH wiki and TV Tropes a lot.

Another thing that I enjoy about the series is the characters. I enjoy seeing the interactions that the characters have with each other, and my favorite characters would probably be Roxas, Riku, Axel/Lea, and Aqua. I also quite like the villains of the series as well. In addition to the existing Disney villains, I feel like the series has some quite interesting original villains as well, such as Xehanort and Organization XIII.

One aspect of the series that it would be difficult for me not to acknowledge is the soundtrack. The Kingdom Hearts series is one of Yoko Shimomura’s most recognized works, and for good reason. From intense battle themes like Darkness of the Unknown, Rage Awakened, and Dismiss, to the more calm themes like Dearly Beloved, Kairi’s theme, and Destiny’s Union, to the series main themes(which aren’t by Shimomura), Simple and Clean and Sanctuary, as well as their orchestrated versions, the soundtrack of the series is always awesome.

As for the overall gameplay of the series, I quite enjoy it. While some may criticize the combat for being very button-mashy(which I personally disagree with), I’ve found the battle systems of the series to be quite fun and they have a fair bit of depth to them. My favorite battle system is probably the one in Kingdom Hearts I (due to, in my opinion, being the most strategic out of all of them) or the one in Kingdom Hearts II (due to the amount of options with stuff like Drive Forms).

As for what my favorite game in the series is, if I had to pick one, it would be Kingdom Hearts I. The first game just feels so magical to me, and I personally like the level design the best, as well as having one of my favorite combat systems in the series. Although, Kingdom Hearts II is a very close second.

Overall, I loved playing through the series. I don’t think that the series is quite for everyone, but after playing through the series, it’s now become one of my favorite video game series, and I can’t wait for when Kingdom Hearts III releases.

I forgot to reply to this earlier, but I ended up quite enjoying 0.2. It was quite interesting to see what happened to Aqua in the time between BBS and the original game, and the additions to the battle system of the series were very nice. It was pretty short, but what was there was very enjoyable.

Also, I do remember reading about 0.2's development on TV Tropes, but I don't think I heard about 0.2 originally being the prologue. That's pretty interesting.
Linking to TV Tropes eh?

Might as well. By the time I close all the tabs the FFVII Remake will be out.

Last edited:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
It took 3.5 years but I finally got to 100% completion in Smash 3DS (bar DLC). Obtaining all of the Mii Fighter hats is a huge grind. I don't think I'll ever have the willpower to do this for the Wii U version.

As a side note, I really hope Smash Run returns in the new game. It's still a lot of fun to this day.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I'd also love Smash Run to come back.

Maybe add some new stages? I'd be content if the 3DS stage came back but new content is always a plus.

Some new enemies would also be cool. Splatoon, Odyssey, BotW and Final Fantasy would have some nice enemy choices.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
I've been hesitant to make a new Social since we don't even have a name drop yet.

This one could still technically be relevant if it is Smash 4.5/4 2/DX
How about Smash Switch?

I mean...it's that simple right?

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
They could name it Super Smash Bros 64 Melee Brawl HD for Nintendo Switch for all I care.

I know for a fact people are still going to be stubborn and call it everything except Smash for Switch.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
5mash/Sma5h, Smash 4.5/Smash 4 DX, and Smash 5/6 are the ones I see all the time.

I wouldn't mind a return to actual fighting terms, if only to keep it short/simple.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
They could name it Super Smash Bros 64 Melee Brawl HD for Nintendo Switch for all I care.

I know for a fact people are still going to be stubborn and call it everything except Smash for Switch.
Let's call it Super Smash Bros IsmaR

That has a nice ring to it

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I don't remember any of you.

Except you.

You know who you are.

Anyways, the title? I'd say it'll probably be, if its a sequel, Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo Switch. Doesn't really matter to me honestly. But that's my assumption. :shyguy:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Part of me just wants them to call it Super Smash Bros. 5 just to annoy the current run of speculation diehards who argue this stuff on my Twitter timeline.

EDIT: I just now noticed this, but why is the thread title: "super pokemon 4 switch social?"

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Part of me just wants them to call it Super Smash Bros. 5 just to annoy the current run of speculation diehards who argue this stuff on my Twitter timeline.
I hate calling 3DS/Wii U "4" to begin with.

I pray we get a real subtitle this time around.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I haven't exactly had the chance to ask this in other socials around the site, but could someone explain to me the appeal of Fire Emblem Heroes?

I've been kind of amazed at how much it dominates discussions and seems to have a large presence on Nintendo related sites than even Pokemon Go and even Smash Switch.

Last edited:

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
I haven't exactly had the chance to ask this in other socials around the site, but could someone explain to me the appeal of Fire Emblem Heroes?

I've been kind of amazed at how much it dominates discussions and seems to have a large presence on Nintendo related sites than even Pokemon Go and even Smash Switch.
I like how well it manages to scale down the gameplay of the main series to be suitable for mobile devices, while still having a reasonable level of depth in unit building, and offering a respectable level of challenge for those who want it, in modes such as Grand Hero Battles.

The other big thing, for me, is that as a long-time fan of the series (been playing since FE7 came out in 2004), I love how it brings together so many characters from across the series, and I also appreciate the amount of love for the series and attention-to-detail throughout the game; things like, say, Marisa's art showing her wielding her sword in both her right and left hands, as a nod to her ambidexterity, or Grima being a green dragon unit because that makes him doubly weak to Falchion (which in Heroes has both weapon triangle advantage over green dragons, and deals effective damage to them). I feel like you just don't get this sense from games like Pokémon GO or Animal Crossing Pocket Camp, they feel pretty soulless by comparison.

Also, as gacha games go, it's incredibly generous to free players, giving out plenty of free orbs (the game's premium currency) and strong free units, and it's more than possible to clear all the content in the game and compete at the top level of the Arena without putting a single cent into the game. Spending money on the game will make it a little easier, but it's not necessary at all to keep up with new content.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806

People are weebs.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
EDIT: I just now noticed this, but why is the thread title: "super pokemon 4 switch social?"
It's a dumb trend/gag started in other Socials to edit the thread title on a somewhat regular basis to reflect whatever is the popular topic at the time.

I'd say "Why do people like it so much" isn't the question so much as it is "why does all discussions of it on forums/social media/whatever always ends up devolving to people posting gacha pulls?"

My assumption has always been it's most non-gacha players' first experience and/or exposure (seeing other players post their shiny stuff usually gets others to do the same) to the genre, with the fact Fire Emblem drew more people that had never even heard or seen the genre before than any other similar series (at least to knowledge).

As said above, it's very forgiving to free players, thus easy to get obsessed/addicted. More than a few social threads here being prime examples.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Remember when this place cleared like 20 or more pages a day?
20 seems like an understatement.

I swear when I'd come back to the thread the next day there were more than 20 new pages each time.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Just to bring up something related to Smash Wii U, I was working on Yoshi's moveset during the last set of days.

https://gamebanana.com/gamefiles/6806

Some of the notable changes include the grab, where it has less start-up lag, the forward, backward, and up throws deal better knockback (which in return, improves their ability to make KOs), and the down throw's knockback has been fixed up so that Yoshi can now deliver follow-up attacks against low-damaged targets.

Other changes do include fixing up the hitbox placements, along with improving the KO potency of certain attacks, which does apply to the custom special moves.

Last edited:

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Wow I haven't seen this place move as fast as it used to. Wonder what we can do to bring people back here

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
If we want to be evil, we could allow ****posting again.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Wow
This brings back memories.

This page is probably doomed though.
With Smash 5 on the horizon and what not.

Selling your soul to the meme devil is an option I suppose :laugh:

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Wow

Seeing this thread again is like seeing a very old friend...who doesn't look nearly as good as he did before, but since you are polite, you just say they haven't changed a bit, even if it's not true.

Nah for real, I really do miss this thread and the good time I had with it, less so the bad one...:4link:

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
I really miss this place when it's active and everything. It's like everyone left it to die

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Part of me wants to post in this thread during the Direct just so I can be the loudest voice in the room.

Either that or finally joining KumaOso's Community Hangout Discord.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700

5 days remain​
So what does Sonic Mania have to do with E3 now? LOL

I mean ok.. you come to this social thread because Nintenzone thread is pretty much an annoying thread, especially for those like me who likes Xenoblade... but this thread is also a bit cold recently hope some can come back once in a while.

DuckOnQuak

Smash Rookie
So what does Sonic Mania have to do with E3 now? LOL

I mean ok.. you come to this social thread because Nintenzone thread is pretty much an annoying thread, especially for those like me who likes Xenoblade... but this thread is also a bit cold recently hope some can come back once in a while.

Hello

Top Bottom