• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Wii U/3DS could be at MLG

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
My guess would be that Nintendo will probably have a playable demo much like how there were Brawl demos during E for All and WHOBBY in 2008.

Kel

Smash Master
This will be the best thing to happen to competitive smash bros. Especially if Nintendo is interested in helping and we can get on the circuit at the start of Smash 4's life span. Tons of new interest will be there and the community can nurture that interest into increasing overall tournament attendance numbers.

Show Me Your Moves

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
1762-2678-0474
What if Nintendo gives out pre-copies of the game to MLG to hype it up? (Doubt it)

But this is pretty good news! Nintendo seems to be listening now after the Melee incident.

Opelousai

Smash Rookie
NNID
Opelousai
im hoping smash is in both MLG and EVO, that would mean so much to all of us

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
This will be the best thing to happen to competitive smash bros..
Just as an FYI, Melee was in MLG throughout it's life. Brawl was at MLG in 2010 but was removed after a match fixing incident. In other words, the series has been at MLG before.

D

Deleted member

I'm surprised that Nintendo would be interested to show the game at MLG. But hey, it would make some hype!

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
What's MLG?

When is MLG?

Answers
Major League Gaming,
I know its video game equivalent of organizations like NBA, MLB and NFL.
He host and broadcast various types of games like Halo, CoD, Street Fighter, LoL, StarCraft-- Pretty much anything with a competitive scene.

I'm not sure when they host tournaments... To my understanding it was a year round thing, i'm not sure if there is a specific beginning of the organization.

Renji64

Smash Lord
Does this mean this game will be competitive? If so i should get hyped then this could be the best smash after all.

Tsumiya

Smash Rookie
Wow I was not expecting this. It could be a great thing to jump start a surge of new players in the competitive smash scene =)

Iwan

Smash Ace
This would go a long way into bringing back some players that have left the scene, imo. I have a hard time believing Nintendo is on board with competitive play support until I hear it from them, though.

Maybe the whole EVO incident made them change their minds. I sure hope so.

Top Bottom