• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Update is out

Tobi_Whatever

あんたバカァ~!?
NNID
Tobi_whatever
Not sure if this is the place to rant about it, but when they said the Mii costumes would be $.75, I thought they were referring to the whole pack and not each individual one. Whelp there goes the little interest I had in it. $6? No thanks.
No DLC skin pack ever would cost less than a dollar.
Not even Nintendos.

Robfire

Smash Rookie
protoman was really all i cared about anyway :V
what i don't understand is why they made protoman a mii costume instead of... i dunno... a reskin for his almost identically-designed robot brother? i still love that they added a protoman outfit, but it doesn't feel genuine :(

VivaReverie

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GreenTL
Good timing SmashBoards

In other news, Mewtwo get, holy my he is fun
No attack looks changed, his fair is sweeeeet

EDIT FOR OTHER STUFF: His d-tilt is stupid fast, he has special fall after up-B, and his dair has a sour spot (Of course)

Last edited:

Chibi-Chan

Smash Journeyman
Samus's Forward tilt's power became weird. It now has a sweet spot on the toes that does 8%, then the foot does 7% while near the knee it does 5% then with the thigh you got 6%. I'm not good with explanations but that's how i see it.
You sure you aren't just angling it different?

Wavebird

Smash Rookie
Man you can't:GCU::GCCU: to get a tilt that sucks bad for megaman players considering you could:GCUR::GCUL: to fast up srk

at least:GCA:+:GCB: is cool

VivaReverie

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GreenTL
There is a strong lack of Mewtwo talk here, didn't anybody else get their code?

Wavebird

Smash Rookie
I think a lot of people haven't received their codes

ohh and I hear some can't redeem

Last edited:

Phoenon

Smash Apprentice
NNID
PhoenonX
Someone else test out Marth's Shield Breaker range, I don't remember it being THIS disjointed before, the tipper hitbox is crazy on it.

Iceweasel

Smash Ace
@ LthePanda LthePanda I haven't noticed any. I killed someone with her side smash at 94%, but I had a lot of rage and it was at the ledge.

@ Robfire Robfire I'm pretty sure his dthrow was nerfed. It seemed to work on more of the cast before the patch. It's not like it's that significant a change anyways, Link still destroys. This just reduces our chances of an early gimp with his godly edgeguarding ability.

I saw a few comments regarding Falcon's Knee and stomp having less windup - Stomp, yes. You can SHFF it and it'll come out now. Knee, I don't know. It looks faster, but counting the frames reveals subtle/no changes. Fatality comes to my local, I'll ask him next time I see him.

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
Anyone notice if Palutena has gotten faster or not? There certainly seems to be less end lag in her moves but it might be just in my head. Her repeated crouch to tea-bag certainly seems smoother.

Yellowkirbyguy

Smash Rookie
(3ds) Well. Samus's jab combo only true combos at like, a very specific % (Like 50%) Also has a KB sweetspot? If they're right next to you and you jab at like, 80% your 2nd jab wont hit (Against Mario) And it also seems like Charge Shot has been nerfed KB wise i mean, Mario's in the middle of the Final Destination at 101% and CS can't KO.

Akira213

Smash Cadet
So anybody notice any changes to lucina? I have been playing her for a bit now but I don't want any placebo for breakfast.
There don't appear to have been any changes to Marth/Lucina. Part of me thinks that Marth's side-b is faster now, but I think I'm imagining things.

The_Thumbs

Smash Cadet
Now, I could be wrong, but I feel like Kirby's D-air is a stronger spike. That's as much as I can say for sure. All my characters feel pretty much the same. G'dorf might be faster as well, but I'm not the most analytical player, so that observation could be off too.

Robfire

Smash Rookie
Does Megaman's Metal Blade go further now? Feels like it.
nope. it's the same. tested it on both versions, both go a little bit more than half of FD

Now, I could be wrong, but I feel like Kirby's D-air is a stronger spike. That's as much as I can say for sure. All my characters feel pretty much the same. G'dorf might be faster as well, but I'm not the most analytical player, so that observation could be off too.
kirby's spike was always strong. i'm pretty sure it's the same

Last edited:

The_Thumbs

Smash Cadet
nope. it's the same. tested it on both versions, both go a little bit more than half of FD

kirby's spike was always strong. i'm pretty sure it's the same
Agreed, it has always been pretty great. Just seemed to be performing better. Perhaps just luck (CPU's are no comparison to human players after all).

Alondite

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Exaccus
Has Yoshi's Dair always linked so well? There seem to be a lot of multi-hit moves that link a lot better than they did before.

Wavebird

Smash Rookie
The only ryu I think would fit in is the one from puzzle fighter
but i'll take anything also this could help promote sf5 LOL

Mr. Potatobadger

Smash Apprentice
Marth got nerfed????

Marth's downthrow has more ending lag on it now. You cannot true combo with Marth from downthrow, even at 0.

This is ridiculous, why in the world would they give Marth of all people a nerf?? Especially on his downthrow, which is bad to begin with.

I'm pretty pissed.

I have yet to test Lucina.

EDIT: Lucina's suffered the same fate. Why in the name of **** would they need to touch Marth and Lucina unless it's a buff?

Last edited:

Mr. Potatobadger

Smash Apprentice
Untrue, I can easily do down throw back/up air, at least on Marth himself.
Well, yea, you can still do it, but there's enough ending lag on it now where you cannot do a true combo with down throw. The opponent will always be able to escape, even at 0.

Before the patch, you could do a true combo with Marth/Lucina from Downthrow to up air/back air from 0 to about 8 percent.

VivaReverie

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GreenTL
Looking at the Mewtwo trophy and then looking at the Mewtwo trophy is super weird

Sir_Zedd

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sir_Zedd
Robins jumps are clearly higher than usual which must be helpful for robin mains

Ness's dthrow seems to prop people up a bit higher aswell but the backthrow nerf isnt too bad, just keep it fresh. Pk fire might be reacting differently also but that might be placebo

On 3ds if that matters

dahuterschuter

Smash Journeyman
Anyone notice if:

-DK got any buffs?
-They killed that damn windbox on the ending of Shiek's warp?
-Luma got nerfed in any major way?

Can't check myself until tonight.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I haven't gotten the Mewtwo download codes yet. Plus I'm too tired to update the two games right now so I'll check them out when I wake up this afternoon. Perhaps by then, I'll have those codes waiting for me on my email.

And on a side note, I'm hearing Diddy Kong's so-called "Hoo-Hah" combo has been nerfed.

Top Bottom