• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Ultimate Leak Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
Actually, if Vergeben is aware of "at least half a dozen more" characters, I'm going to try and figure this out.

We know Vergeben has 3 source:

Source 1: Ken image source. Ken theory connects Vergeben to: Ken, Incineroar, Isabelle and Simon, which covers 4 of the half dozen (as his statement was after E3).

Sources 2 and 3 we don't know about, but they would have to have connections to Minecraft and Square Enix. As they know the concepts of the characters, they likely aren't playtesters and may be further inside.

SmashingXan2

Smash Journeyman
Sakurai never once mentioned the ballot with Ridley. He said he had a strong Western fan demand.

At least, I don't remember him saying such that the ballot got Ridley in.
He sayid that fan demand got Ridley in, Smash Ballot is by far and away the most likely source of how popular he really was. It would also allow him to know what countries the votes are from

Zippo

Smash Journeyman
Gotta feeling that it's going to be a looooonnnnnggg weekend.

Call it a hunch.

Alright then!

Time for my own personal theory about how this all adds up, and ties to Vergeben!
View attachment 166042

The Ken leak today was found out to be at a timezone of GMT +2, which puts it squarely in Europe, mostly Germany.

DasVergeben is a German name, which may imply that he himself is of German origin, which there's reason to believe that his sources could very well be Nintendo of Germany employees.

View attachment 166043

So then, why is his information incomplete? We know he didn't leak K.Rool and a whole bunch of Echo fighters.

View attachment 166044

My theory is simple, your honor!

The Ken leak has been determined to be from a build that was old and outdated, meaning that at the time, said characters didn't even exist!

View attachment 166045

King K.Rool is the only non-echo fighter that we know got in due to Ballot demand alone, and Echo fighters are more or less easy to add, last minute additions! Is it not possible that, regardless of numbering, K.Rool wasn't on the original project plan at all, and Ken was the only listed Echo fighter at the time?

If Ken is the "Grandfather of Echo Fighters", it makes perfect sense that he'd be the very first Echo added to the game.
or he’s in the game.

Last edited:

Jedisupersonic

Eight Leaves One Kame Style
NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
Actually, if Vergeben is aware of "at least half a dozen more" characters, I'm going to try and figure this out.

Source 1: Ken image source. Ken theory connects Vergeben to: Ken, Incineroar, Isabelle and Simon, which covers 4 of the half dozen (as his statement was after E3).

Sources 2 and 3 we don't know about, but they would have to have connections to Minecraft and Square Enix. As they know the concepts of the characters, they likely aren't playtesters and may be further inside.
Wait half a dozen more? Is that an older comment or recent?

Shroob

Sup?
He sayid that fan demand got Ridley in, Smash Ballot is by far and away the most likely source of how popular he really was. It would also allow him to know what countries the votes are from
I really doubt that. Ridley's had a very loud fanbase since Melee, and looking at the mock up polls, Ridley was nowhere while K.Rool was almost always 1#.

Sakurai's gone on record to acknowledge the Ridley fanbase in the past, so he was well aware it existed.

Deoxys911

Laughs and Logic
NNID
Deoxys911
If you're willing to reject the box, and possibly the "fewer characters" thing.
To be fair, merely wholeheartedly believing all of DasVergeben's alone demands that you reject the box theory, since the box implies two more characters and he is claiming there are at least three more (including Ken).

Starbound

Wait half a dozen more? Is that an older comment or recent?
Yes.

Verge made a comment after E3 that there would be "at least half a dozen more character in the game".

The only problem here is he's unsure if Minecraft gets a character or not, which would be the sixth character he leaked (in addition to Simon, Isabelle, Ken, Incineroar and SE character). Or he's just assuming he doesn't know all the characters.

LetterO

Smash Lord
Well, here's my first contribution to the offical home of all sorts of leaks, pipes and games alike!

Currently I'm super interested in what I dub the Bugman Leak, claiming to have Stanley the Bugman, Chorus Kids, Rayman, etc. http://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/432174058/the-first-and-probably-last-real-smash-bros-leak (4chan thread contains swearing, so click at your own risk)

Something I noticed is that this leaker promised a video Friday at the latest (which was postponed again, which is veery fishy), and just what comes today? The Ken (a character listed among the echos) leak. May just be a coincidence and me hoping too much because Chorus Kids, but it is interesting to note.

Anyways, I'm going to try to keep tabs and see if this person goes through and actually posts a video tomorrow or any other day. Hopefully it'll be something good to discuss, fake or not.

Shroob

Sup?

My question here is simple:

Let's say that the Ken source has Incineroar.

Why was Vergeben soo hesitant to say Incineroar until recently then?

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Well, here's my first contribution to the offical home of all sorts of leaks, pipes and games alike!

Currently I'm super interested in what I dub the Bugman Leak, claiming to have Stanley the Bugman, Chorus Kids, Rayman, etc. http://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/432174058/the-first-and-probably-last-real-smash-bros-leak (4chan thread contains swearing, so click at your own risk)

Something I noticed is that this leaker promised a video Friday at the latest (which was postponed again, which is veery fishy), and just what comes today? The Ken (a character listed among the echos) leak. May just be a coincidence and me hoping too much because Chorus Kids, but it is interesting to note.

Anyways, I'm going to try to keep tabs and see if this person goes through and actually posts a video tomorrow or any other day. Hopefully it'll be something good to discuss, fake or not.
Ah, Ken, a character we've never seen in any leak before.
Just kidding he's in legit every god damn leak these days.

Hype cautiously.

LetterO

Smash Lord
Ah, Ken, a character we've never seen in any leak before.
Just kidding he's in legit every god damn leak these days.

Hype cautiously.
Yeah, like I said, it does seem like a coincidence. It's a really strange one though seeing as the Bugman leaker promised a video today as well. I'll try to heed by your words, though.

Last edited:

Starbound

My question here is simple:

Let's say that the Ken source has Incineroar.

Why was Vergeben soo hesitant to say Incineroar until recently then?
Vergeben corroborates his info with his other sources, checking them against each other.

It's possible all 3 knew Ken was coming but not all of them knew it was Incineroar.

Jedisupersonic

Eight Leaves One Kame Style
NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
Vergeben corroborates his info with his other sources, checking them against each other.

It's possible all 3 knew Ken was coming but not all of them knew it was Incineroar.
It'd be legit funny if all 3 had all different starters as their info starting off.

Kalomaze

Smash Cadet
NNID
sonicmarioguy
Box theory was deconfirmed. We found out it was digitally manipulated, meaning it's placeholder.
Tho there IS a new cool theory on the block..
Right 'ere

Last edited:

Zippo

Smash Journeyman
Being honest, last week's box theory exploding had me pretty deflated. I felt like it shut down hype in a lot of places I frequented.

But now, gotta say, with this most likely legit-looking Ken leak, the blog theory taking off and Verge seeming to imply there's more and two other reputable leakers (MasterofHyrule And Hitagi) saying they've heard more is coming, the hype has come back surging through my body. I cannot contain this.

JustCallMeJon

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3067-7373-5050
Switch FC
SW 4274 8573 0226
Not related to a leak whatsoever but...

There was a problem fetching the tweet

I like how Alpharad acknowledge the leaks but never clearly tells the audience that these characters are leaked (Same thing with Simon prior to the direct). Many people were confuse of why Alpharad posted this..but, he KNEW...he knew alright.

He is such a trickster lol.

Last edited:

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Being honest, last week's box theory exploding had me pretty deflated. I felt like it shut down hype in a lot of places I frequented.

But now, gotta say, with this most likely legit-looking Ken leak, the blog theory taking off and Verge seeming to imply there's more and two other reputable leakers (MasterofHyrule And Hitagi) saying they've heard more is coming, the hype has come back surging through my body. I cannot contain this.
Hi, who's MasterofHyrule and Hitagi?

Kalomaze

Smash Cadet
NNID
sonicmarioguy

I vaguely remember MasterofHyrule pre-e3 saying that he's seen the new battlefield and the demo in a comments section of one of his video.

Did he say anything new recently?

Last edited:

Zippo

Smash Journeyman
Hi, who's MasterofHyrule and Hitagi?
MasterofHyrule somehow got art assets of Battlefield before Ultimate was announced, and Hitagi is the leaker who leaked very accurate information on the Samurai Showdown, Verge has vouched for him.

Last edited:

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
MasterofHyrule somehow got art assets of Battlefield before Ultimate wss announced, and Hitagi is the leaker who leaked very accurate information on the Samurai Showdown, Verge has vouched for him.
Whoa. First I've ever heard of MOH. I know Hitagi just forgot the name.

RC-3197

Smash Apprentice

I think it's worth noting that verge said his most credible source claimed the 2nd square enix rep was in the game.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Stanley the Bugman making a comeback would be wild as hell.

I kinda hope he is real.

Starbound

MasterofHyrule somehow got art assets of Battlefield before Ultimate was announced, and Hitagi is the leaker who leaked very accurate information on the Samurai Showdown, Verge has vouched for him.
Have they shared anything new?

Shroob

Sup?
The fact that Grandblue of all games has been discussed as possibly being DLC is kind of mind blowing to me.

But I guess Nintendo's relationship with Cygames, and Fate's history of being a hentai game probably have a lot to do with it.

Kalomaze

Smash Cadet
NNID
sonicmarioguy
if shadow isnt an echo, that'd be super surreal. imagine that. going back in time when sm4sh dlc concluded, and then telling the person, "the new smash game in two years will have king k rool, richter belmont, and shadow"

Misery Brick

Smash Ace
NNID
miserybrick
3DS FC
0361-6354-4079
If they can K. Rool later then there ain't a reason my man Steve isn't in.
I mean I'm not exactly sure how they equate to one another, but alright then.
I wouldn't be surprised if he got in though.
They also promised a video like 2 days ago.
I put precisely 0 stock into this leak.

Stanley would be hype though lol
I mean, I'm only keeping an eye on on it because they promised a video and it also has a deadline.
I'm most likely going to be away when it's supposed to be posted, but I'm genuinely curious if they actually attempt to put out something.

Also, would Stanley be considered a DK character or would he be his own thing?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom