• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Ultimate Leak Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

kylexv

Smash Master
The guy who leaked the picture is the literal definition of an enigma. All we know is that he's likely from Germany.

This leaker may possess the sum of all Smash Ultimate knowledge in his immediate vicinity, or he could have been a simple playtester that maybe played a round or two and didn't even see the character select screen.

Regardless, we don't know who or what this person is, but I'm sure Nintendo is either dying to figure out or has figured out already.

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
Did you know that "Vergeben" is German for "Forgive"? Not important at all, but I thought I'd mention it.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
This kind of implies Rool, an unique character he never mentioned, may have been a later addition which is... Interesting to think about.
To note:

Rool is the only, non-echo, character that we 100% know got in due to ballot influence.

Deoxys911

Laughs and Logic
NNID
Deoxys911
The guy who leaked the picture is the literal definition of an enigma. All we know is that he's likely from Germany.
I missed it, how do we know they're from Germany? In their original thread they gave zero details about anything, and that one post is all I've seen directly from them.

Shroob

Sup?
I missed it, how do we know they're from Germany? In their original thread they gave zero details about anything, and that one post is all I've seen directly from them.

iirc, someone was able to figure out that they were GMT +2 somehow.

T3Z3R1

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5579-0990-8199
Guys...

Vergeben is from Germany.

Could this be one of his sources?
That could be possible and, that's how vergeben hears about rumors of newcomers like, Simon, Isabelle, and Ridley. If Ken Leak gets confirmed and then he would be correct about that ken information, that leaves Minecraft content, Mysterious Square Enix rep and that red cat furry pokemon,

Can’t wait to do Ken’s autocombo on people.

damn I just wish he was literally 3rd Strike Ken. probably the best and swaggiest iteration of Ken in Street Fighter.

c.lk, c.lp, c.lk, Shippu is such a dope confirm. same with Ryu into Shinku Hadouken.

On a side note, how’s 3rd Strike on switch? Probably not as good as PlayStation I assume.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
I knew this would happen eventually

So it begins with ken

So question is when will the ESRB leak happen again and someone getting fired forever from gaming.

Potato_

Smash Lord
I think someone said that the image file has the time stamp in the metadata.

I can't confirm that as I don't exactly have the best technical knowledge.
I don't think it was a time stamp, but it showed the timezone.

IT was Thinkaman who checked it so you can just ask him.

Volt-Ikazuchi

Smash Journeyman
Can’t wait to do Ken’s autocombo on people.

damn I just wish he was literally 3rd Strike Ken. probably the best and swaggiest iteration of Ken in Street Fighter.

c.lk, c.lp, c.lk, Shippu is such a dope confirm. same with Ryu into Shinku Hadouken.

On a side note, how’s 3rd Strike on switch? Probably not as good as PlayStation I assume.
All I want is Shippu. Probably Final Smash at best, but still, that move is so satisfying to land.

RC-3197

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys, just stopping by and saying I'll be watching from the sidelines and popping in occasionally with info when it's needed. Let's hope for a good leak season. I have a pretty big archive of smash leaks and a great team for analysis, so you can be sure that wherever there's a leak I'll be there in the middle of it.

Last edited:

TyrantLizardKing

Smash Lord
Isn't Dixie in the Stanley the Bugaman leak as an echo? I could have sworn I saw her on the list... that would mean DK gets 5 reps in total and I'm all for it, though I'd rather have a little DK jr. Echo of DK or Funky but Stans cool
Whoops I completely forgot that bit, though I still feel like her being an Echo while Stan is unique would be odd, I’d rather have Ayumi at that point.

TeenGirlSquad

Smash Master
The reason K. Rool wasn't leaked seems clear, he's first-party and wasn't revealed at a marketing event like E3, so there wasn't nearly as big of a paper trail, if that makes sense. Less people in the know, means that he's less likely to be leaked.

Shroob

Sup?
Alright then!

Time for my own personal theory about how this all adds up, and ties to Vergeben!
phoenix-document(a).gif

The Ken leak today was found out to be at a timezone of GMT +2, which puts it squarely in Europe, mostly Germany.

DasVergeben is a German name, which may imply that he himself is of German origin, which there's reason to believe that his sources could very well be Nintendo of Germany employees.

phoenix-thinking(a).gif

So then, why is his information incomplete? We know he didn't leak K.Rool and a whole bunch of Echo fighters.

phoenix-deskslam.gif

My theory is simple, your honor!

The Ken leak has been determined to be from a build that was old and outdated, meaning that at the time, said characters didn't even exist!

phoenix-objecting.gif

King K.Rool is the only non-echo fighter that we know got in due to Ballot demand alone, and Echo fighters are more or less easy to add, last minute additions! Is it not possible that, regardless of numbering, K.Rool wasn't on the original project plan at all, and Ken was the only listed Echo fighter at the time?

If Ken is the "Grandfather of Echo Fighters", it makes perfect sense that he'd be the very first Echo added to the game.

Last edited:

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
So my theory is that this source with Ken is one of the playtesters, hence the debug menu and unpainted Moray. Everyone seems to be in agreement that this is an older build, even compared to E3.

What I will suggest is that this source is one of Verg's source, and Verg has had this image in his pocket for a while as that's how he found out about Ken. His source just decided to take it public for some reason.

This source likely had a build with Ken, Isabelle, Incineroar, Simon and Ridley in it, which is how he was able to send in those characters. K. Rool and Richter were likely in a different playtest build to avoid giving one person access to the entire roster, which is why Verg's source doesn't know about them.

If this is the case, then we could see Incineroar show up literally any day now.

google chrom

Smash Apprentice
hello confusion family, it'll be fun to be a part of it until december 7th.

Thoughts on the reddit leak of potential minecraft content in smash?

Exalt4747

Smash Journeyman
So my theory is that this source with Ken is one of the playtesters, hence the debug menu and unpainted Moray. Everyone seems to be in agreement that this is an older build, even compared to E3.

What I will suggest is that this source is one of Verg's source, and Verg has had this image in his pocket for a while as that's how he found out about Ken. His source just decided to take it public for some reason.

This source likely had a build with Ken, Isabelle, Incineroar, Simon and Ridley in it, which is how he was able to send in those characters. K. Rool and Richter were likely in a different playtest build to avoid giving one person access to the entire roster, which is why Verg's source doesn't know about them.

If this is the case, then we could see Incineroar show up literally any day now.
I can only hope.

Jedisupersonic

Eight Leaves One Kame Style
NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
Does this mean maybe there are actually more characters that Verg could potentially not know about like K.Rool then?

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
Does this mean maybe there are actually more characters that Verg could potentially not know about like K.Rool then?
Absolutely.

As long as the possibility of a second, or more, playtest builds exists, the possibility for non-Vergeben characters always exists.

Autobot N

Smash Apprentice
Likely. Verg never said that he knew all of the remaining characters (he may have even said the opposite, but don't quote me on that), so there's a chance that there's a few more.

Shroob

Sup?
Sakurai never once mentioned the ballot with Ridley. He said he had a strong Western fan demand.

At least, I don't remember him saying such that the ballot got Ridley in.

Likewise with K.Rool, he namedropped the Ballot.

Last edited:

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
This is a very good looking group of people here. Could I just go around so I know who the hell I'm talking to... point is, these leaks. If you want to know the truth, they're getting real. And by the way, very real! Smashboards talk, whatever you want to call it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom