• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Ultimate general series discussion: Part 6: Star Fox (with polls)

Who would do best to not be a "Fox clone?"

• Krystal

Votes: 20 47.6%
  • Slippy

Votes: 7 16.7%
  • Peppy

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Leon

Votes: 2 4.8%
  • Panther

Votes: 3 7.1%
  • Andross

Votes: 5 11.9%
  • Pigma

• Other (please specify)

• I do not think that the current Star Fox fighters a clones of Fox

Votes: 5 11.9%

• Total voters

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
Tagged for Frizz Frizz , @Alastor017 , HypnoMaster372 HypnoMaster372 , Quillion Quillion , and WaddleMatt WaddleMatt ! IF you would like me to tag you in future threds, Mentio me in a post ( Mogisthelioma Mogisthelioma , DM me or follow me!

Part 6 of a discussion series following the current 12 IPs represented with more than one fighter.

WOLF IS BACK!

Star Fox! One of Nintendo's oldest and most recognizable series, making a crossover into Starlink! Star Fox is Nintendo's only major first part that focuses on piloting spaceships more than any other game. Although most characters are only seen in their ships, several have made it into Smash.

As always, the opening discussion features a poll, with a question regarding the roster. To start, the opening topic is....

Which of the following characters do you think would be the easiest to make them not a "Fox clone," should they ever be in Smash?

Frizz

Will Thwack You At 0%
Obviously Krystal, but I've seen a Slippy support thread where his moveset would draw inspiration from Star Fox Guard. He'd be my second vote were it not for Krystal.

D

Deleted member

Probably Krystal. Her moveset could utilize her staff.

thirsty-pocket

Smash Ace
Krystal for sure. It was a huge loss to see her as an assist trophy, and i'm not too happy with Nintendo for rebooting Star Fox again and writing her out of the story. Just because the games she appeared in have some criticisms doesn't mean she was the problem... though I admit the writing in Command could probably convince you otherwise, but I thought we were just going to pretend Command never happened, not everything after Starfox 64. I used to be such a big Star Fox command but I just lost all investment in the series with Command and the remakes and reboots didn't bring me back.

In any case, maybe if her fans become vocal enough she'll see a K. Rool style revival, but I doubt it'll ever happen.

Side note, I wouldn't mind seeing Slippy and/or Peppy playable. I feel like they could both be echoes, mixing properties of Fox and Falco. Though I think the best scenario is Slippy with a project Guard moveset, and Peppy with Star Fox Assault weapons.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Krystal will get her chance another day...but for now it’s all about the Slippy hype train

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
Krystal, Slippy, and Leon all have potential for unique movesets. Krystal would take after Star Fox Adventures, making use of her staff. Slippy would take from Star Fox: Assault, Star Fox Zero, and Star Fox Guard, using various weapons and gadgets. Leon could potentially draw some aspects from Star Fox: Assault, but otherwise has potential for a completely original moveset. His trophies always reference him being an assassin, so use of the Sniper Rifle and maybe even cloaking could be a thing.

Peppy, if you mess with his skeleton just a bit,could work very well as a Slippy clone. Panther, though even more unlikely, could work as a Wolf clone. Lastly, though unlisted, James could work incredibly well as a Fox clone, though that kinda goes against the point of the poll.

Andross and Pigma, however, I don't see happening at all. Though if my some odd chance they were playable, they'd certainly have unique movesets.

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
It’s Krystal for me.

On a curious note, I wonder how people would’ve felt if Sakurai added Slippy and Peppy as the 3rd and 4th SF fighters after Fox and Falco instead of Wolf and Krystal.

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
Krystal, most definitely. This is the reason I support her inclusion in Smash — showing that Star Fox has more to offer than spaceships, tanks, blasters, jetpacks, and whatever the heck the technology behind the Reflector is.

Jyl

Smash Journeyman
I hope most of you don't actually believe Wolf is a clone right?
I mean I've seen people bash Wolf for being another clone yet those same people defend Falco.
I'm just still bitter Wolf was cut but Falco wasn't from Smash 4.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Krystal without a doubt

Although I'd love to see Panther get in as a WTF character lol

Mariomaniac45213

The Nintendo Villain main!
Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
Krystal she was the ONLY assist trophy I was even remotely bummed about. She has so much moveset potential. But alas like K.Rool, Krystal is looked upon by Nintendo as the "rare-headed step child" and constantly gets ignored/neglected. While I can't be too mad she at least made it into Smash in some way but I feel Krystal as a character gets a little too much hate from Nintendo fans. Her, K.Rool, Tingle, Slippy, Bowser Jr., Waluigi, and Pearl seem to be the characters I see most where you either A. Love them or B. Hate them. I personally love all of those characters and wish they would get the same respect as other Nintendo characters.

I hope most of you don't actually believe Wolf is a clone right?
I mean I've seen people bash Wolf for being another clone yet those same people defend Falco.
I'm just still bitter Wolf was cut but Falco wasn't from Smash 4.
As much as I love Wolf there is no way in hell that Falco being cut from smash 4 is anything near ok. Falco has been tin Star Fox before wolf even existed, and he has the unique property of having the highest jump in the game. Team Star Wolf is literally just echo fighters.

But in Brawl wolf definitely wasn’t a clone, but that doesn’t even matter because of knock back properties. Think Fox and Falco in Melee; sane moveset, completely different styles of play—nearly opposite.

And wowwww no one mentioned General Pepper? Or even Bill? Lol

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
As much as I love Wolf there is no way in hell that Falco being cut from smash 4 is anything near ok. Falco has been tin Star Fox before wolf even existed, and he has the unique property of having the highest jump in the game. Team Star Wolf is literally just echo fighters.

But in Brawl wolf definitely wasn’t a clone, but that doesn’t even matter because of knock back properties. Think Fox and Falco in Melee; sane moveset, completely different styles of play—nearly opposite.

And wowwww no one mentioned General Pepper? Or even Bill? Lol
This is why I question the current definition of Echoes. Two characters with the exact same moveset will play in wildly different fashions if given different stats and different properties on their moves, but they still have all the same moves, so they're still clones,

This is why I question the current definition of Echoes. Two characters with the exact same moveset will play in wildly different fashions if given different stats and different properties on their moves, but they still have all the same moves, so they're still clones,
It’s pretty crazy, really. This makes me excited for echo fighters, because I know they will have some variation to make them diverge from their original character model.

Personally, I wish Daisy had Peach’s Brawl / Melee up air. Instant main over Peach.

Sabertooth

Smash Ace
Slippy and Andross are two incredibly iconic characters who seem to have unfortunately forever missed the boat. Andross makes a good AT, but Slippy still doesn't have a huge role in the game besides hidden scenes on Star Fox stages. I hope we get him as an AT at some point.

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
Slippy and Andross are two incredibly iconic characters who seem to have unfortunately forever missed the boat. Andross makes a good AT, but Slippy still doesn't have a huge role in the game besides hidden scenes on Star Fox stages. I hope we get him as an AT at some point.
I wish slippy was in tbh. He just seems so silly.

Sabertooth

Smash Ace
Agreed, I love Slippy and I believe he's one of Nintendo's most iconic characters. He just sadly never found his way into Smash Bros.

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
Agreed, I love Slippy and I believe he's one of Nintendo's most iconic characters. He just sadly never found his way into Smash Bros.
Makes me sad....:(

In all honesty he would be really fun to play. It would be even cooler if they made him better than Fox (who got nerfed hard).

Top Bottom